Don't want to be MEB'd

whoisit11

Registered Member
Have a history of OCD/Major Depression and recent sleep apnea. Went through an MMRB three years ago to be reclassed because of the OCD and MDD. Just redeplyed recently because of aggravated depression and unwanted thoughts. Worried when I get to the WTU they will automatically set me up for an MEB and medically retire me. 8 years active duty

Yea, I met very few people that actually wanted to be MEB'ed.

You may be better off in the long run if they medically retire you. Everything happens for a reason.

If you do not want to be MEB, you have to let your PCM know, however if they feel you need one, they will set you up to meet with the MEB DOC. But it does not happen that fast. Once you get to the WTU, They will set you up with a nurse case manager and PCM. During this process they will determine which route to go. They always go with treatment first before they go with the MEB. Even if you get suggessted for MEB, You can still tell the MEB Doc you want to stay in, they will then let you know of the options. After you go through you VA appts and NARSUM, then the PEB can come up with are you fit or unfit. If fit, they will provide a profile with limited duty options and if unfit, this is where they decide if you will get retirement, severance or separation without pay.