DS Logon Question

Good morning everyone. I'm doing TAPS while I wait for orders, and I have a question:

For eBenefits, Tricare, etc., I see that they all use the same DS Logon. Right now, mine is tied to my CAC and email, but I don't want to retire without making sure I can access these sites without a CAC. Do you all know if I need to re-register or just recover/create a password? I'm not sure if I created a password but it's possible since I'm getting ID.me emails. TIA.

Good morning everyone. I'm doing TAPS while I wait for orders, and I have a question:

For eBenefits, Tricare, etc., I see that they all use the same DS Logon. Right now, mine is tied to my CAC and email, but I don't want to retire without making sure I can access these sites without a CAC. Do you all know if I need to re-register or just recover/create a password? I'm not sure if I created a password but it's possible since I'm getting ID.me emails. TIA.
From FAQ:
Q: What if I forgot my DS Login password?
A: If you have forgotten your DS Logon password, you may click Forgot Password? from the login page and input your personally identifiable information (PII). You may change your password by correctly responding to three challenge questions saved to your account profile. If you have forgotten your personalized answers then you will have the option to use your stored E-mail address to reset your password. If you do not have an E-mail on file you may be prompted to proceed to our Remote Proofing process. If you are unable to pursue any of these options then you must proceed to an In-Person proofing location to re-activate your account.

Also...
You might consider visiting LINK <----
I suspect that if you already have a DS logon, the page will show that status after you complete the following (on the page):

DS LOGON Registration Procedures

This registration is a 10-step process to assist an individual in creating a DS Logon account.

This process can take up to 10 minutes to verify your identity. Individuals will be consenting to a soft-inquiry on their credit reports and receive a one-time PIN to the phone number on file. Prior to starting this, please ensure you have time and access to your phone.

Select 1 of the following:​

[ box ] I have my Common Access Card (CAC) WITH access to a card reader.
[ box ] I am one of the following:
  1. Current or previous Service Member (Active Duty, Guard, Reservist, Retiree, Veteran)
  2. Spouse, Former Spouse and/or eligible Family Member (over 18) who receives DoD benefits.
  3. DoD Civilian or Contractor
--------------

Ron

Last edited:
Thank you...

Ron

amazing post thanks for sharing with us
Thank you but it was just material I had previously seen. I copied and pasted it for the post.

Regards,
Ron