Dual process discharge

erikeckert

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was rated DOD 50% LDES. I also was sent to captains mast and was told I would get an admin seperation due to drug usage. That was in March, my TDRL message came out and had a retirement date of June 26th. I put in for terminal leave, while on house hunting I was recalled back to the navy and our legal said I still have a pending misconduct discharge... I now have a new TDRL message with a date of Sept 28th. Is the command trying to screw me out of my retirement? Or will Pers drop the misconduct and let me retire in september?

It can go either way. First flag officer in your chain makes the decision which way it goes. The relationship of the disease to the conduct and severity of conduct are among the things considered.

When I was in a dual process it first went to the Garrison Commander (he went with the administration separation) then it went to HRC who had final say. They went with the MEB. My administration separation was not for misconduct but weight. (I believe I gained weight because of depression and the medication I was on for it, which was why I had the MEB). It took a long time though, my packet was at HRC for over a year.

When I was in a dual process it first went to the Garrison Commander (he went with the administration separation) then it went to HRC who had final say. They went with the MEB. My administration separation was not for misconduct but weight. (I believe I gained weight because of depression and the medication I was on for it, which was why I had the MEB). It took a long time though, my packet was at HRC for over a year.
Oh jeeze, welp guess i got a paycheck still for a while lol... im hoping they favor my med sep over the misconduct

It went to HRC and I was given medical retirement. It just took a very long time (over a year).