E-Benefits Claim Details

mjf114

Registered Member
I'm posting this question because I honestly don't really know what it means.

I'm still in the MEB process and my appeal is currently at SAFPC and awaiting their decision. 2 weeks ago, my attorney said the SAFPC made somewhat of a decision, in that they (SAFPC) requested the VA to reconsider my back rating, before SAF would make their verdict due to discrepancies between my NARSUM and C&P exam. My attorney said this would buy a bit more time, and that my right to a VAR is being preserved and that request was sent directly to the VA.

In Jan 2018 I received my VA decision and proposed rating, 30% DoD, 60% VA. I went into E-Benefits today and under claim details, the dates have all changed. It reads "Estimated completion Dec 25 2018-1 Mar 2019." and Current Status- Pending decision approval" I really don't know what that means. I'm at 19 yrs of service next week and hoping for all the delays I can.

Can you smart folks share some light on this? I'm assuming those dates don't have anything to do with when the SAFPC comes back with their verdict?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

91B

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've been on pending decision approval for over 2 weeks. In my experience you can be at the phase for a while. Mines going on 3 weeks on phase 6

MackValdez

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
In theory, it should mean that you are really close because the decision has already been created, they are just waiting for final approval. However, I am working on getting something added to my rating and I have been at the same status as you for almost 2 weeks. I have no idea how long it is "supposed" to take, but I can imagine that it varies with every case since some have to go back for more detailed information or records requests.

Their definition is:
  • Step 6: Pending Decision Approval
    The recommended decision is reviewed, and a final award approval is made. We will process the decision and review it for accuracy, and notify you by mail. If it is determined that more evidence or information is required, the claim will be sent back in the process for more information or evidence.
  • Step 7: Preparation for Notification
    Your entire claim decision packet is prepared for mailing.
  • Step 8: Complete
    The VA has sent a decision packet to you by U.S. mail. The packet includes details of the decision or award. Please allow standard mailing time for your packet to arrive before contacting a VA call center.

91B

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm tired of waiting. It gets old. And it's more annoying theres nothing you can do but wait. Wish yall best of luck. I'm going almost month total. I've been on pending decision approval for going on three weeks tomorrow.

casualguy34

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My ebennies just went to “Pending Decision approval”
Referred- 18jul
Claims- 24jul
Exam complete- 27aug
MEB-11sep
Informal PEB-18sep
Va ratings is currently at “Pending Decision approval”

This waiting game is killing me.

A.Shoe

Registered Member
My ebennies just went to “Pending Decision approval”
Referred- 18jul
Claims- 24jul
Exam complete- 27aug
MEB-11sep
Informal PEB-18sep
Va ratings is currently at “Pending Decision approval”

This waiting game is killing me.
How long has your stuff been at "Pending Decision approval"
My stuff got sent to the VA for ratings on October 4th and I'm still on "review of evidence"

cw123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
How long has your stuff been at "Pending Decision approval"
My stuff got sent to the VA for ratings on October 4th and I'm still on "review of evidence"
My stuff was with the VA for about two weeks until it said "pending decision approval." I was notified by mail that I "may be entitled to additional benefits" 29 October with instructions to submit an additional claim. My PEBLO and MSC told me they found something via my QTC exams warranting disability compensation and to return the form ASAP. They told me the additional claim would not delay the process because they have already made their determination on the new claim and they're just waiting on the paperwork from me. I returned the paperwork via ebenefits on 1 November and there was no change as of today. I'm hoping they finalize their decision by 5-6 November... sitting around waiting to hear back is so hard.

casualguy34

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok so hears the big question; upon receipt of orders how much time are we allotted to be done with clearing and blah blah blah

cw123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok so hears the big question; upon receipt of orders how much time are we allotted to be done with clearing and blah blah blah
"c. Service Member Transition Phase. The Service member transition phase of the IDES includes processing the Service member for separation or retirement. The IDES goal is to complete the Service member transition phase of the IDES process for Service members in 32 days (plus any amount of administrative absences or accrued leave the Service member is authorized to take) starting from the date the Secretary of the Military Department concerned approves the final disposition and ending on the date of the Service member’s separation or retirement from military service."

This is derived from DoD DTM-18-004 (Directive-Type Memorandum) "Revised Timeliness Goals for the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES)" dated 30 July 2018. I have attached the DTM here or you can download it on the homepage for this site.

Attachments

glasshouse

Registered Member
If I "request a claim decision", does it have a negative effect on my outcome? I do no have addition information to submit for review and am in currently in "pending decision approval" status.

91B

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If I "request a claim decision", does it have a negative effect on my outcome? I do no have addition information to submit for review and am in currently in "pending decision approval" status.
To be honest I dont know. I did it and it didn't do anything. I've been waiting for over a month at the pending decision approval stage. And only have 11 claims

glasshouse

Registered Member
To be honest I dont know. I did it and it didn't do anything. I've been waiting for over a month at the pending decision approval stage. And only have 11 claims
I only have 4 claims,but my PEBLO said I would probably hear back from the VA for my ratings around 11 Nov. I can't use my post 911 without my DD214 and class registration deadline is 1 Dec. :(

91B

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I only have 4 claims,but my PEBLO said I would probably hear back from the VA for my ratings around 11 Nov. I can't use my post 911 without my DD214 and class registration deadline is 1 Dec. :(
I know how you feel. I had a bunch of plans as well. But for ruined by waiting on these stupid ratings. Including missing out on a house I wanted to buy when i got back to home of residence. Just try to keep your head up and hopefully everything works out in your favor. Best of luck to ya.

A.Shoe

Registered Member
Claim was sent to VA on October 4 and has been in review of evidence since.

As of today, claim was finally updated to preparation for decision! Hopefully the process continues to move.

cw123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well PEBForum friends... The results are in. They're rating me 100% DoD / 100% VA / PDRL. I totally didn't expect to receive my findings today because ebenefits is still showing "Pending Decision Approval".

I did call the VA today to see if I could get a status update (prior to getting the call from my PEBLO). The gentleman I spoke to said the VA computers were down when I called and that they've been having problems for about a week. Maybe that's why the claims in process page didn't update yet.

91B

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well PEBForum friends... The results are in. They're rating me 100% DoD / 100% VA / PDRL. I totally didn't expect to receive my findings today because ebenefits is still showing "Pending Decision Approval".

I did call the VA today to see if I could get a status update (prior to getting the call from my PEBLO). The gentleman I spoke to said the VA computers were down when I called and that they've been having problems for about a week. Maybe that's why the claims in process page didn't update yet.
That's what mines said for the longest time. It's been over a month on pending decision approval. I wish mine would hurry. I'm ready to get out. I'll take what they give me. I'm just ready to move on.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">