EAOS Dilemna

Mk45Gunner

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've searched and read multiple threads on this but I haven't found any concrete answer.

Currently I'm early in the MEB stage and my EAOS right now is June 3rd, 2017. Who do I engage to ensure this doesn't expire? Is this handled at PSD?

I also seen where if you're not at the PEB stage or have a PEB registration number they won't extend it. Is this true?

Can someone point me in the right direction or instruction? Thanks

jahlon

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As you have already spoken to your lawyer, your best bet is to check in with him and let him know of the situation.

Mk45Gunner

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've left him a message as well as my PEBLO's but in the meantime was curious to get an official response here.

However, I did speak with PSD and was informed that once they receive the official message they'll involuntarily extend me in accordance with the message. I had to get passed off to the supervisor because the lady I spoke with didn't even know what IDES was.

I'm still not satisfied with that answer after reading some of the threads here about being separated if I wasn't in the PEB phase.

Mk45Gunner

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'll run this aground for those who have any future issues.

My PEBLO has emailed PSD the following.

Rebecca,

Chief has contacted me regarding his EAOS. He is going to be submitted
to the IDES. There is no VTA # yet.

The only naval message from my office will be the one requesting the NMA
from the command.

Please let the member know if anything is needed on his part.

So PSD is stating they need a message and the PEBLO is only releasing an NMA message to the command.

Mk45Gunner

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I received the following clarification from PSD.

Two weeks before the member's EAOS expires, I will submit a document to have the member's pay continued.

At the same time, I will send a Memo for the member to bring to ID to get a new ID card and a Page 13 for the member to sign and return to me. This is what we call a Retain in Service.
Which is an In Voluntary Extension for 6 months due to a PEB since the member is not able to re-enlist or extend while on LIMDU/PEB.
If anyone has issues arise in the future, hopefully this thread helps out.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">