Ebenefits says not service connected?

Thinkcindi

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi, today va.gov went to claim completed, letter in the mail. Said to check disability page on Ebenefits. That site says not service connected. There’s no doubt that it isn’t service connected. Could it be possible that the disability page isn’t updated? Or perhaps a major mistake during the rating? Thanks!

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Hi, today va.gov went to claim completed, letter in the mail. Said to check disability page on Ebenefits. That site says not service connected. There’s no doubt that it isn’t service connected. Could it be possible that the disability page isn’t updated? Or perhaps a major mistake during the rating? Thanks!
Also, I’m NG if that helps.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

In my experienced opinion when a DoVA disability claim has been completed by the DoVA Rating Agency, their rating results are immediate then unilaterally posted onto eBenefits. It would seem that an error or mistake in posting the proper VA rating result(s) would be minimal albeit I would assume that it still could occur at any given point in time.

To any extent, I believe it is best to not be overly concerned at this particular point and wait for the official DoVA Rating decision letter in the US mail to understand the DoVA Rating Agency's actions. If you disagree, then your recourse would be to submit a DoVA appeal under full implementation of the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017.

As such, the DoVA now offer Veterans a greater choice in how the DoVA reviews their disability claim by a commitment to ensuring that these disability claims are processed accurately, timely and fairly. That said, Veterans who appeal a DoVA decision will have three decision review choices: Higher-Level Review, Supplemental Claim, and appeal to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals.

Moreover, the DoVA’s goal is to complete Supplemental Claims and Higher-Level Reviews in an average of 125 days via a VBA decision while selecting option 3 of appealing to the Board of Veterans' Appeals will have a 365-day average direct docket goal with 120 days follow-on to the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC). Reference the attached webpage hyperlink of the Board of Veterans' Appeals for additional detailed information. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Doubtful, if you are absolutely certain its SC they are probably missing vital paperwork to SC your claim that happens often. Find a competent VSO to help you out.

Spray

Registered Member
Good afternoon. Just received an answer for my TBI claim. Fractured my face while in the United States Navy, in October 1998; partial loss of skull. The answer they gave me today was, "NOT SERVICE CONNECTED" Could this be a mistake?

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Good afternoon. Just received an answer for my TBI claim. Fractured my face while in the United States Navy, in October 1998; partial loss of skull. The answer they gave me today was, "NOT SERVICE CONNECTED" Could this be a mistake?

Depends what was the reason for the denial? For a 20 year old claim they might hit you with chronicity have you been getting treatment for this injury for the last 20 years?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">