Ebenefits updated rating notification timeframe?

Damills

Registered Member
I logged on today and status changed to pending decision approval. I called the VA 1-800 number and was told that I was in the final stages and that my ratings were completed as of yesterday (19SEP2013). The representative would not tell me what the ratings were and that I would have to wait to recieve notification in the mail. I am still currently active duty Air Force and in the IDES process. Does anyone know a timeframe when I will either receive the ratings via the va by mail or the Peblo will be able to look it up in the system? Thanks for any input.

-David

PEBLOs can look them up anytime they want after the VA sends them via the electronic system. Most likely your PEBLO will not tell you. I hear that people receive the proposed ratings in the mail pretty quickly (about a week), though I never got mine in the mail. I had to wait until I saw my 199 to find out what I got.

I logged on today and status changed to pending decision approval. I called the VA 1-800 number and was told that I was in the final stages and that my ratings were completed as of yesterday (19SEP2013). The representative would not tell me what the ratings were and that I would have to wait to recieve notification in the mail. I am still currently active duty Air Force and in the IDES process. Does anyone know a timeframe when I will either receive the ratings via the va by mail or the Peblo will be able to look it up in the system? Thanks for any input.

-David

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

It seems that the "wait to receive notification in the mail" is a standard DoVA D-RAS statement upon the completion of proposed rating in my opinion. For participants within the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process, it seems that the notification letter is not sent to the active duty service member yet the DoVA proposed ratings are forwarded to the appropriate branch of service PEB.

In retrospect, I received a similar DoVA notification upon submitting an IRIS inquiry for a DoD IDES status update. Upon knowing when the DoVA proposed ratings were completed until receipt of my IPEB findings, it took appropriately 14 calendar days for the initial and 17 calendar days for the reconsideration #1 from an U.S. Army perspective.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Ugh...can I add on...on my ebenefits it was on pending decision approval. On 18Sept13, it changes to gathering of evidence + waiting on seperation documents. Apparently, they are waiting on my DD214? That is what I have been told....I asked my PEBLO to look at my ratings and she said she does not see anything...

The question is what I am waiting for right now? The brown envelope or the 199? I am just stuck and confused. Any help thank you.

Also I see a few job openings back home, close date on them is the 18 of OCT, should I apply?

-David

Hello David,

Please keep us or me lol up to date...we are pretty close in timeline...I am active duty Army (IDES)

Ugh...can I add on...on my ebenefits it was on pending decision approval. On 18Sept13, it changes to gathering of evidence + waiting on seperation documents. Apparently, they are waiting on my DD214? That is what I have been told....I asked my PEBLO to look at my ratings and she said she does not see anything...

The question is what I am waiting for right now? The brown envelope or the 199? I am just stuck and confused. Any help thank you.

Also I see a few job openings back home, close date on them is the 18 of OCT, should I apply?
You are waiting on both.
I would start applying for jobs as soon as you sign the 199, then you would be in a better position to know when you are getting out (90ish days).

Well I called my peblo today (26Sep13) because the VA said they sent the ratings to AFPC on 20Sep2013 to check for updates and he had no news for me. Funny thing is while we were litterally on the phone he recieved an email! I go in tommorrow morning to sign my proposed ratings DOD 40% 60% VA!!! I was also granted permanent retirement versus TDRL which is awesome. For reference for others my package was sent to AFPC on 11JUN13. Definately glad this nightmare is coming to an end. I had my initial MEB appt with PEBLO in March of 2012.....

Well I called my peblo today (26Sep13) because the VA said they sent the ratings to AFPC on 20Sep2013 to check for updates and he had no news for me. Funny thing is while we were litterally on the phone he recieved an email! I go in tommorrow morning to sign my proposed ratings DOD 40% 60% VA!!! I was also granted permanent retirement versus TDRL which is awesome. For reference for others my package was sent to AFPC on 11JUN13. Definately glad this nightmare is coming to an end. I had my initial MEB appt with PEBLO in March of 2012.....
Great news! Now you know your basic timeline so go out there and start searching for jobs!

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

It seems that the "wait to receive notification in the mail" is a standard DoVA D-RAS statement upon the completion of proposed rating in my opinion. For participants within the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process, it seems that the notification letter is not sent to the active duty service member yet the DoVA proposed ratings are forwarded to the appropriate branch of service PEB.

In retrospect, I received a similar DoVA notification upon submitting an IRIS inquiry for a DoD IDES status update. Upon knowing when the DoVA proposed ratings were completed until receipt of my IPEB findings, it took appropriately 14 calendar days for the initial and 17 calendar days for the reconsideration #1 from an U.S. Army perspective.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Thank you for the information!

You are welcome, indeed! :)

Best Wishes!

Indeed, congratulations on recent receipt of IPEB findings inclusive of DoD PDRL and DoVA proposed ratings! :)

To that extent, enjoy your forthcoming military disability retirement and future post-military endeavors! ;)

Best Wishes!