Election of Options

Asolomike2012

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good Evening, I received my DES Counseling and one of the options listed is as follows, "IAW AR 635-40, para. 4-34, Reserve Component (RC) Soldiers not on call to active duty of more than 30 days and who are pending separation for NON-DUTY RELATED MEDICAL CONDITIONS may request to enter the DES for a determination of fitness and whether the condition is duty-related. If the Soldier does not request referral, they are subject to separation for medical disqualification under RC regulations"

I have been unsuccessful in reaching out to The Office Of Soldiers Counsel and I may need to retain a lawyer to assist me in this process. I'm just trying to understand this ND-PEB process and any input on the above option would be greatly appreciated.

Provis

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Make the election for DES determination and you have a chance. Don't do that and they kick you out with no chance of being found fit or for the condition being considered as duty related.

Consult a private attorney.

Asolomike2012

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Make the election for DES determination and you have a chance. Don't do that and they kick you out with no chance of being found fit or for the condition being considered as duty related.

Consult a private attorney.
Are there any recommendations for private attorneys from this group?