Email from my PEBLO; need help understanding (Jason please!)

Hey guys,

I got an email from my PEBLO that I need help understanding. My package went to Texas to the IPEB on Feb 19, 2010. It came back in March asking for additional documents and those were sent up the same day. Now- I just recieved this email from my PEBLO and I'm trying to approximate the time I will get the package back for a job offer I just got! ( yay)

Here's the email:

Your case has been sent to the VA and is waiting to be rated. Once that is completed, your package will return to the IPEB for the IPEB to review again. When the IPEB is done with their review, they will send me their recommendation. I hope this helps!

So I'm not quite sure what this means....has the IPEB already reviewed my package and now it's on the VA. Does anybody know when this usually happens in the process?? Like- is my package at the beginning (does this usually happen first) or is this one of the last steps??

Thanks in advance!

I think sending it to the VA for ANG is pretty standard. I don't know how it will affect your timeline.

Well I'm in the DES evaulation system the Pilot program....I'm Active Duty and I was told I would get both ratings (DoD and VA) but I wasnt sure which one usually comes first. I guess my question is for ppl in the Pilot program and does the IPEB usually look at the package first-then send it to the VA-then review and back to you or does it go through the VA first?? I just want to know if I'm toward the end or the beginning of this process! It's so frustrating!

I have seen cases processed various ways (or, perhaps more correctly, the outcome came in varying ways). That is, sometimes the military has come back with a fitness finding first and then after the VA rating has come in. In other cases, I have seen the reverse happen. What this indicates to me is that parts of the process happens concurrently.

Not sure if this was much help. The timing of the process is one of the more inscrutable aspects of the DES. You can try to make some educated guesses, but, in the end, it is still a guess. Hope all goes well for you.

The way it works is wants your package goes up to the peb you are either found fit or unfit if you are found fit your package is returned to your PEBLO if you are found unfit your package gets sent up to the VA if you are in the des pilot program for a rating. After you get your rating back, your rating will consist of all the ailments you claimed your package goes back to the military part of the peb and they taking the rating the va gave you for the condition you were peb'd for and write up your paperwork weather you are getting severance pay for conditions rated at 0-20% or tdrl or pdrl for conditions rated 30% or greater. my package was mailed of dec 22nd received by the peb on jan 4th was found unfit feb 25th and right now im just waiting for the rating part from what i was told in the next couple of weeks my package should be done. Hang in there and best of luck

The way it works is wants your package goes up to the peb you are either found fit or unfit if you are found fit your package is returned to your PEBLO if you are found unfit your package gets sent up to the VA if you are in the des pilot program for a rating. After you get your rating back, your rating will consist of all the ailments you claimed your package goes back to the military part of the peb and they taking the rating the va gave you for the condition you were peb'd for and write up your paperwork weather you are getting severance pay for conditions rated at 0-20% or tdrl or pdrl for conditions rated 30% or greater. my package was mailed of dec 22nd received by the peb on jan 4th was found unfit feb 25th and right now im just waiting for the rating part from what i was told in the next couple of weeks my package should be done. Hang in there and best of luck

My husband is in the pilot program too and tihs is basically what we're being told as well.
His package was sent to the IPEB 29 Dec 09. We weren't given the exact date, but were told a couple of weeks ago that he was found unfit and that the VA now had his package in Maryland to give a rating. It's been right at 2 weeks since then and we haven't received any more news. The PEBLO asked the VA liason here for an update last week and he came back with "no news, try back May 11th". (not sure why the 11th)

Best of luck. I hope you get your answers soon. It sounds like we are at least at the tail end of this process.

How do you know that you are found unfit if your package has not made it back? My package was received on the 18 February by the PEB, but my PEBLO has not made me aware that I am fit or unfit. I called the VA and they said that my package ready to be sent to the reviewers to verify evidence and then it will be rated.

How do you know that you are found unfit if your package has not made it back? My package was received on the 18 February by the PEB, but my PEBLO has not made me aware that I am fit or unfit. I called the VA and they said that my package ready to be sent to the reviewers to verify evidence and then it will be rated.

My peblo is no help they know absolutely know nothing just always saying when your package gets here we will call you. I wrote my state senate in Jan cause it took me 3 years to get on a PEB after being on 5 limited duties wondering why the whole process was taking so long. My mom got a letter back from my senator who got a letter from the secretary of the Navy stating on feb 25th i was found unfit by the peb and that my package was pending a disability rating. I think the best bet is everyone should write their state senate and complain how slow this process is the more pressure we put on them the more likely they will make changes in the future we might not benefit from it but people after us will. hope this helped you.

Thanks for all the wonderul replys guys and I hope everything works out for you guys as well. I understand the process a little more so Thanks again!