Express Scripts Issue's Fexofinidene (allegria) -All Vet's Retirees Out There-Question?????

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I posted this post, specifically, under US DOD Regulations as I recently, yet again got off the phone with Express Scripts. Express Scripts is, for some strange reason, constantly out of Fexofinidene (Allegra), etc....

For those, veterans/ military retirees suffering allergy and/or Chemical Reactions, this is in fact a must have. Also, Express Scripts suggested I have my Medical Practitioners prescribe an alternative! Like, myslef, there are veterans out their who have "adverse" reactions to a whole host of medications, and this is neither safe and or practical, for a lot of veterans or 'retirees! Part of issue may be some of the "Chemicals" utilize in the manufacturing process of these medications.

Oddly, I was due a "re-fill" of "fexofenidene" (Allegra) prior to leaving for SHARE in Atlanta Georgia. So I called to try and speed it up, if I remember correctly. I was in fact told they were out- yet again. However, I did learn, for the first time, that other Pharmacies were available for utilization other than one in Fairhope, Alabama I have had significant issue with in past and had to recently call Corporate to "register" a formal complaint- heard nothing back on that either!!!!

Anyway, I called Express scripts today, and went up "food" Chain- yet again nothing but excuses. Told supply chain issues, and that even thought Express Scripts DOD contractor, they were "MANDATED" by DOD as to which "SUPPLIERS" they could in fact utilize????? Furthermore, I was told even thought a supply chain issue, it could be because manufacturer was "re-formulating" this medication, held up by the FDA etc....???? So I asked, which one was it- yet again no answer- as they do not track this kind of stuff apparently and this has been a known isue since 2011 by Express Scripts. I was then told DOD was also well aware of thiis apparently 5(+/-) year problem- is that acceptable to anyone?

I then asked who the CEO of Express Scripts was and how to contact him, as IAW internet Express Scripts is losing "stock" price. All I was given was his name (Tim Wentworth???) but not how to contact him????

I have written my local Senator and Congressman in the past about numerous issues regarding Express scripts but yet again nothing seems to change---- in the "DEEP STATE" of things!!!!

QUESTION: So is all of what I have been to true about a DOD Contractor being mandated to utilize other DOD Contractor's in the Pharmaceutical SUPPLY CHAIN????? Surely given all the knowledgeable folks on this web-site, someone may know?????

THIS ISSUE AFFECTS ALL VETERANS AND RETIREES AS IF THIS IS CASE WITH EXPRESS SCRIPT WHAT ABOUT US DEPARTMENT OF VETERAN AFFAIRS, ETC????????

Would simply like to have my ducks in a row if decide to write our local elected Federal Lawmakers!!!!!

Thanks for any reply in advance......

This to me is all kind of odd!!! Express Scripts a DOD Contractor is in fact "mandated" to utilize other DOD Contractors. What about the US Department of Veteran Affairs. Each VA System has a different "Pharmaceutical Formulary," that is to say of medications they can issue veterans in their system! For instance Gulf Coast VA's "formulary is different than Portland, Oregon's Formulary or Seattle Washington's....I know because looked up a long time ago. Why is their nor a US Department of Veteran's Affairs "standardized" forumlary across the board, especially given the so called "Opiod Epidemic?"

Furthermore, while at WRIISC in Washington DC I learned they had no issues with payment of doctors under the "Veterans Choice Program" as were utilizing a different vendor than Gulf Coast VA, who utilizes TRi-West, which never pays any of its bills or very few!!!! Supposedly, IAW VA Employees, another vendor was utilized by Gulf Coast VA in the beginning of Choice Program, which they had little issue with, but they switched to TRI-West, for some odd reason. Wonder what the timing of that switch a Gulf Coast VA Leadership change-over was????

I am sure several "old-timer" employees of Gulf Coast VA/VISN-16 in fact know??????

Any knowledgeable reply to both above threads would be more than welcome.....THANKS....

Phone numbers to SHARE Program Atlanta Georgia are 404-603-4306 "clinical Program Manager"; 404-603-4301 "Program Nurse"; 404-603-4314 "Program Admissions" and 404-603-4316 "Program Counselor

As I just told Darby009 in post at http://pebforum.com/threads/my-turn-for-guess-the-pts-ratings.42847/- oddly I just recieved in the mail Via the United States Postal Service (USPS) some "refills" on medications I had to give to ex-VA nurse at SHARE in Atlanta Georgia for verification...!!! At SHARE in Atlanta they provide NO "Means" to secure "Client's/Guest's" medications and said nures gives big "Speel" about not "selling" nor "sharing" one's medications- as believe or not some veterans do!!!!! (had to tell a friend "stop" doing this with his "brother"!)

Anyway as a "Test" I took some pills and "feel" "RADICALLY" different this morning- is that not "exceedingly" odd????? CALL ME CRAZY

Kind of like a "Cashier" at an "Ethnic" Restruant at South end of Town "sharing" space with another gas" station" in same "franchise" were I found "counterfiet money", supposedly, as well as "selling" individual packs of cigrettes so do not add up to same price as if "rung" up individually as a carton! Alos, this "side" of town oddly were all the "Ultra" reich live in Fairhope Alabama, and aske me out of the "BLUE" about "placebo's" etc.... does this not "STRIKE" others as beyond "ODD!""

I wonder as well, if "supervisor" at Express Scripts really did in fact know something "rest" of US-ALL do not "know" about USPS when told me it was not "SAFE" to send them (express Scripts") "correspondance" in the mail via USPS....??????

Well, that is just my two cents and was hoping one of "Super Moderator's" etc.. could "shed" some "light" on the DOD Regulations regarding all of this...

Anyway anyone interested in SHARE Program in Atlanta: Thier Contact information is:

[[email protected]

Phone numbers to SHARE Program Atlanta Georgia are 404-603-4306 "clinical Program Manager"; 404-603-4301 "Program Nurse"; 404-603-4314 "Program Admissions" and 404-603-4316 "Program Counselor:; Chaplain 404-350-7674; Case Manager 404-603-4302/4322]

https://www.shepherd.org/patient-programs/care-for-us-service-members

Thanks, any "educated" and "courteous" resp[ose in advace......... hopfulyy this will "Spawn" some debate among other veterans and US Armed Services "retirees" at all "LEVELS" of the "food chain".....

25 Views This Post

Go "Tigers- War Eagle/Engine" "roll Tide" "Go Jags" "GO Army" etc......

If Express Scripts is constantly out, what are you trying to fill a prescription with them? Get a paper copy, take it to any local pharmacy and have it filled.

Thanks GS-Fowler, not issue I was driving at thought- I appreciate your response. Below is how I organize Sales Reciepts notes in my notebook along note cards and post-it's, as had to show SHARE "speech pathologist" in Atlanta Georgia....

Hope it meets with your approval- and gives other's ideas on "organization," etc....

As always thanks GS Fowler......

Anyone interested in SHARE Program in Atlanta, Georgia: Thier Contact information is:

[[email protected]

Phone numbers to SHARE Program Atlanta Georgia are 404-603-4306 "clinical Program Manager"; 404-603-4301 "Program Nurse"; 404-603-4314 "Program Admissions" and 404-603-4316 "Program Counselor:; Chaplain 404-350-7674; Case Manager 404-603-4302/4322]

Thanks (59 Views This Post)

Attachments

• Picture How Organize Note Book With Store-Restaurant Receipts- appx 0741 AM CST.pdf
    64.5 KB · Views: 0
GS Fowler- I am sorry I forgot to add- if Express is always out do to "supply Chain issue" then why are all "big Box" Stores constantly "In StocK' of Fexofinidene HCL????

I had to go local store this AM to "Purchase" yet again???????? And "big-box" stores in fact have their own "Brand" of it!!!!!!!?????????

So why would Express Scripts be out if all "big Box" stores carry it, in their own brand name-i.e. generic, and the "SUPPLIER" veterans and retirees are "FORCED" to "rely on" by and large is "constantly" out?????????

Hence my question to hopefully you, and other's as a SUPER MODERATOR this web-site, about DOD Rules and Regulations that "express Script's as a DOD "contractor" claims to be "significantly burdened" by????????

Furthermore, "express Scripts" after "Forcing" me to give all my "Chemical Allergies" over the phone as supposedly USPS not "safe" IAW one of Express Scripts Supervisor's, among other methods of communication such as fax, and internet..... was supposed to do a "Pharmacy Review" by their "pharmacists'" and get back with me on what "medications" were safe for me to take or not- and this never occurred....hummph???????

Perhaps- once again Express Scripts knows a whole lot we- THE General Public- do not???????

Kind of like the bamd "Publix Enemy"- and the song "Blue Steal"- "I am never going to be a 'veteran...'" perhaps they and other's know things we do not like one of their other song lyrics "Brother's gotta, work it out......." Just something to ponder.... for US ALL?????????

Kind of like my issue with "mold" or something in the water in the Fairhope-Daphne-Spanish Fort- metro complex... three of "Weallthest" towns per capata ala numerous websites and one would simply think, everything would be in "tip" top" shape and the most up to date in entire Satate-Region.... but simply, is not....... ?????????

Also above being said, one of these "Tri-Cities" (Troika) made big deal local paper's of giving "ONE" Disabled Veteran a Home and their are approx. 50(+/-) thousand veterans in this "region?" What is the "statistical" ratio' "significance" of that for these "three" richest towns??????

Well I guess "self-service" to the Nation, is simply a "Catch Phrase" for US Armed Services only...others can be the judge of that....

Once again, anyone interested in SHARE Program in Atlanta, Georgia: Thier Contact information is:

[[email protected]

Thanks and hope helps others....... (69 views this post)

Attachments

• Pictures Last Attempt Clean Doctor Prescribed Hot Tub Jest Out-Sales Reciept Notes 04 FEB 2018...pdf
    121.2 KB · Views: 1
I was told by ES that the military supplies their medications they just distribute the medication as prescribed. I too have had problems with them being out of maintenance medications. I have a local pharmacy call them and get my RX transferred.

Well Chaplain Charlie, I am glad to hear I am not only one with said issue's Express Scripts. Still hoping to get clarification by some-one on specific's regarding the "Congressional y" mandated rule and regulations regarding this, as a lot of Armed Services Committee members as well as US Dept Veterans Affairs are in fact from my local Southern Region!

Really do not want to write them as explained in another thread/post this website, etc... but might decide to if this "shortage" keeps persisting all the time....

As always thanks Chaplain Charlie- might find attached interesting.... as never ends around here....like Ozzy Osbourne's song "Crazy Train".....

http://pebforum.com/threads/why-i-no-longer-write-elected-officials.42502/#post-196461

http://pebforum.com/threads/new-res...pherd-center-atlanta-georgia-super-hot.42897/

(80 views as of this post)

Attachments

• Redacted Email Fairhope Chief of Police-Mayor- SSDI OIG Isssue-Water Issue- 04 FEB 2018 appx 1...pdf
    504.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Once again I would be remiss if did not post here as well:

Yesterday, a Super Moderator, this website, called just to check on me. Said had other's present, but wanted to let me know if ever need support, etc..to call him. I thanked him and "re-iterated" how much I appreciated this website and how helpful, as well as "moral" sustaining it it fact was!

Which reminded me- that IAW several MH-Related Magazin'e- the Mental Health Community at US DVA, and elsewhere, should in fact be taking into account "veteran" "religious and cultural" beief systems so as not to Catch themselves in a "Catch-22" situation at all!

As I have stated in other post's this web-site "there are no atheist's in fox-holes" and it is a Hex- possibly, to be "lucky rather than good" as they say!

This Super Moderator wa s also fully "aware" of the song "Jealously..." or something, as I explained was "most-likely" the cause of a "host" of my problems in the local "community" on the Eastern Shore of Baldwin County, AL---- despite me ""being" a "guest or hostage" of Federal Government, for little to "NO" reason.....
Once again, would be remiss if did not post here as well_

Which reminded me of another comment about "art" and Artist's, which they stress at SHARE in Atlanta Georgia, and I guess for some strange reason in the US Atrmy Foreign Area office Program I guess under the Pre-text" of "Kultura"????!!!!!

Anyway, the Fairhope Alabama Art's and Craft's Festival is coming up. and I hope a whole lot of the very "exceptional" prison artists decide to flock to this area as well to "show" their skill and hopefully "pick" up a "Sponsor" or two to hopefully create there own "honest" business... just an idea??????? Kind of like in the US the "almost" lost art of "Leather Working...."""

I guess being a veteran in USA today, is like bing in "CatcH-22" or as the Band Rush sings in Song "2112," dealing with the "priest's of the temple" in days long past, were information, or the 411, by and large was passsed verbally and in-person, not via "electronic" means soley....... kind of like the song "spirit of the Radio" once again by "rush!"

Anywa- just wanted to thank Super Moderator "checking" on me and let other's know that the folks that Moderated this website really do care about all Veterans etc....

Also, I expressed my "severe" disappointment that things did not work out well for me at SHARE in Atlanta Georiga- "largley" due to an ex-US DVA, employee... as think could have really assisted me in some areas I have difficulty fuctioning......

Alos for Chaplain Charlie... and other's I was trying to get a "theological" certificate from Gordon-Conwell Theoligical Seminary at http://www.gordonconwell.edu/ but realized and once again "overcome by event's" a whole lot of work for a "simple" certificate, when could complete almost a "good" part of a program of study....a my MH providers VA were aware trying this as well.......... (sse attached""

The Super Moderator, who called, let me know that Express Scripts and DOD or otherwise "regulations" were in fact outside the "purview" of this website, and nobody here, despite how smart/up to date on whole lot of issues would probably know anything regarding this issue....!!!!! They also let me know, that "legal" advice about not having any interaction with "law Enforcement" I was given by numerous attorney's my area was in fact very "SOUND" ADVICE!!!!!!!!:(:mad::eek::oops::confused:

Therefore I am closing/locking this thread out myself and would request founder of this site to do as welll!!!!!

Once again... SHARE Program Atlanta Georgia is provided below for those "interested"::

[[email protected]

https://www.shepherd.org/

Links to other Threads This Web-site Below:

http://pebforum.com/threads/my-turn-for-guess-the-pts-ratings.42847/

http://pebforum.com/threads/express...a-all-vets-retirees-out-there-question.42879/ (108????-Views This Thread)

Attachments

• Presentation Further Reseach Ala Sent VA MHV SM Ala Bible Numerology etc-06 FEB 2018 appx 0943...pdf
    116.6 KB · Views: 0
Just an update for those might still be interested- Express Scripts a DOD- Sub-contractor, for TRI-Care, is oddly still out of fexofinidene (Allegra) yet every retail store, pharmacy and their brother has it in stock, either "Full Price" over the counter- so to speak, or for the "mandated: co-pay if prescribing (artz or doctor) calls it in. Oddly, Express Scripts, via recent phone call, will not contact prescribing doctor, as will for other medications, and let them know they are always out, and "sorry" "het spejt mai" for the "constant" inconvenience!!!!

It may just be me, but seems, something is not as they say "quite right" with this entire state of affairs, and dare I say somebody making a "killing" on US ALL- guess its just "catch-22" for US Veterans and "retirees!"

Guess once again in song "Blue Steel" the band "Publix Enemy" got it right after all.... "never be a 2veteran...2." Or even in the cable TV mini-series "Bord-Walk Empire" - where the main character, during beginning prohibition, tells US Attorney General, I believe, "I will not mess with you plans to 'fleece' the new US Department of Veteran Affairs, and maybe some vets will get helped' if you help me out..." or some such thing...??????????????

Anyway my simple two cents worth/ something think about- others can gladly "chime-iin" if so desire???????

Thanks (148 views this post)

PS: Been told all doctor's off today in local area Mardi Gras or "Fat Tuesday" hummph.....

Fortunately fexofenadine is available either OTC of via your local pharmacy.

Chaplain Charlie- thanks, and respectfully not quite the point! I have, unfortunatley walked in whole bunch of shoe's, until a Super Moderator on this site pulled a "rabbit" out of the "ether" and got my TriCare back for me. Only reason I am still "breathing" and not 6-feet under or 11-"fathoms" below..... take on'e pick thank's to the VA.....

For those struggling with a host of issues', due to their self-less servisce "money" in fact becomes a major factor that has to be "SIGNIFICANTLY" balanced with "quality" of life issues....

I recommend once again the following.....

-Chemical Sensitivity: Tools, Diagnosis and Method of Treatment, Volume IV 1st Edition by William J. Rea (Author) at https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Sen...sr=8-1&keywords=chemical+sensitivity+volume+4

-Chemical Sensitivity 1st Edition by Sherry Rogers (Author) at https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Sen...eST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=detail

-Optimum Environments For Optimum Health and Creativity: Designing and Building a Healthy Home or Office- 2002 by William J. Rea (Author) at https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Envi...rd_wg=MmcSF&psc=1&refRID=3QVXX8H3D86MZS6GT9S5

-Healing Severe Chemical and EMF Sensitivity: Our Breakthrough Cure for Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS) and Electro-hypersensitivity (EHS) Paperback – September 8, 2012by Gary Patera (Author) at https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Seve...s=healing+severe+chemical+and+emf+sensitivity

- Alternative Approach to Allergies, An: The New Field of Clinical Ecology Unravels the Environmental Causes of Revised, Reprint Edition by Theron G. Randolph (Author) at https://www.amazon.com/Alternative-...keywords=an+alternative+approach+to+allergies

The reason, being, one must read what it takes to overcome this issue and the "total" cost of "treatment," i.e. diet modification (organixc- expensive), home modification, to buying right kind of vehicle, clothes, home furnishings, air/water filters, home "Chemical Free Zone Tent," etc...... (lat I looked the VA nor TRICRAE nor even Medicare will "pay" or assist in paying many of these things...)

Remember, Vietnam veterans- Agent Orange, Burn-Pit's etc... War on Terror VET's- Burning Oil Fields/ Pipe Lin'es, Chem Munitions, Burn Pit's, IED's, Burning Vehicles etc... and I am sure remaining WWII and Korean War veterans many of same or similar things as well......

This is a very complex issue, in and of itself, not well studied by US DVA tec....as well as expensive to treat- Allegria, just being one of many things possibly required.... and any cost savings veterans and "retirees' on fixed income can in fact "scrape" together is in fact to many a "god-send!"

I am more than sure Allegria or "fexofinidene" is not only medication Express Scripts is out of quite a bit...but have not checked personally, think "others" should" that veterans and retirees' can get free Express Scripts but whenout, have the "honor" and privlidge of a "co-pay" of some sort or being 20-40 dollars out of pocket for OTC??????

Thanks Chaplian Charlie, and hope this some-what clarfies the issue, I am talking about..... perhaps this is one of those situation's veterans' and retirees' perhaps write their locally elected "law-makers???????''' If they so desire........

My mere peon input.....other's can THink and Judge for Themselves.....

Views this post 168

Chaplain Charlie- as know following several post's, such as to Dary009 (at http://pebforum.com/threads/my-turn-for-guess-the-pts-ratings.42847/ )as well as this one so, thought would SHARE once again why I am very "Recltant" to write "law Maker's" about this issue, as I have in past written them about issues with Express Scripts and nothing much changed, etc..... So I am kind of "expersaperated" with that "paticular venue...."

Darby009- (if still following) in continuing from Post Above Thought would SHARE why I personally do not write "law Makers" any more, but not discouraging or anyone else from doing so by any or all means:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I have dealt with VA etc… now for 10(+) years and nothing tangible has in fact changed despite writing just about everyone humanly possible, countless times! The only way I have really achieved anything is in fact through attorneys at considerable cost and time and effort…. very sadly….

As I have been told by numerous attorney’s, Senators and Congressmen cannot, by themselves direct any Federal Agency, what to do! They can only suggest/inquire! A law, must in fact be passed by Congress to get a Federal Agency to do anything- and is a law going to be passed for any one individual? Odds are not, and getting any bill through congress is a nightmare in and of itself- with all the competing interests of the parties involved, constituents, businesses etc…

Also, there are supposedly Congressional “Liaison’s” at these Federal Agencies- I have seen them myself at VA-in action- and they simply bought the VA’s “Party Line” and affected no change what so ever… I do not know if these Liaisons are part of a different branch of government or work for individual Senators and Congressmen, and/or are full- time job- if so they too are part of what is termed as “Deep State”- which I will address next….

Since our elected officials cannot direct a Federal Agency what to do, these agencies, such as the VA, simply pay tacit compliance, and then resume business as usual…. this is because there is little to no follow up by Congressional staff, liaisons, etc… as Congressional staff, individually, are not equipped/manned for this…..

Then there are all the rules and laws for terminating federal employees… which are well above and beyond ridiculous- one only must look to former head Gulf Coast VA, and other senior VA leadership around country that have been in news-papers/media for various wrong-doings to clearly see this…. So they remain ultimately in place and empowered to influence a whole host of thing via “networks” they have either created or become part of….

Gulf Coast VA/VISN-17 is a simple microcosm of this in totality… as over the last decade numerous folks from Washington DC VA HQ have been down here to supposedly “FIX” things and simply everything remains largely as it was since my entry in this heinous system since over 10-years ago…

Thus, part of the overall “Deep State” - life-long senior Federal employees- have been able to exploit a “seam” in the “system,” that is our Federal Government, without impunity for an exceedingly long time!!!! Also, if retired or simply fired… they can in fact become even more influential as “Grey Beards,” so to speak, through the networks and contacts they just left- as are no longer largely bound/constrained by the rules and regulations they were employed under! Also, as they become members of extra-former-employment networks or new networks, thereby further linking networks and systems!
Therefore, nothing really changes, - nor probably- ever will- as this system is most likely well beyond any level of reigning in by those in power, unless “laws” are radically changed…. But that as we all know is a very lengthy, time-consuming process and Senator’s and Congressman must be re-elected- which is two years for Congressmen- so with that turn-over in Congress what “collective working memory” is there to “prosecute” any lasting change in this system……???????

Then you have “special interest- “in case of the VA a whole host of $BIG Dollar$ interests like big Pharma, medical equipment, office suppliers, etc.… to name a few! This is not to mention the VA is the Second Largest Federal Employer behind DOD. So, if simply Congress or anyone wanted to change this system radically, it would be worse than the US military’s BRAC- as endless argument would ensue about what was or was not going to remain in whose “District” or “State”- HIGHLY PROBLEMATIC!!!!!!!!!

I, very painfully, got a VA OIG Investigation initiated (still never heard if closed out or not), and a person from one of the Vet Service Organizations told me they were trying to “crack” the Gulf Coast VA System for a long time to no-avail- which brings up a bigger question…! Why of all the numerous VA System’s- are only a handful- supposedly darn good, and others simply beyond atrocious like the Gulf Coast VA System - which is 1-Star System now- and should have never been the Five Star System it was to begin with… able to obviously withstand this type of, dare I say, “INFILTRATION?????, by the “Deep State?”

That is for others to ponder and beyond me to figure out…. But the “Deep State” is in fact alive and well, one only must look as far as the Gulf Coast VA/VISN-16 to get a glimpse of it at work…… and a huge seam in our beloved Democracy Exploited…as every system has its weak-spot’s… just a people do….

GEN/President Eisenhower, allegedly, feared the “military/Industrial complex” as, and he would have personally known, is it is exactly what helped bring Nazi Germany to power… so if “life-long” VA “Deep-State” employees have in fact been compromised by “special-interest” or other interest’s does this not in fact compound the issues to Infinity “∞” in the VA alone for example???????? What if they transfer to another Federal Agency- which they can do???

There is also another issue at work- “education”- Thomas Jefferson supposedly stated the best defense against any tyranny is an “highly-educated” populace… sadly most regular VA employees are not this, in my experience… and there is no system of “IQ/Job Competency Testing” etc. in place before they are in fact hired (as I have asked numerous folks about this) further compounding the VA’s numerous issue’s… or is it simply by design?????? Questions for others to ponder…but from extensive personal experience, any employee I have known at the VA to ask hard questions or “buck” the system (so to speak) has paid dearly for it, personally and professionally…….

Finally, myself and other veterans I know, have been cautioned by VA employees, themselves, from writing Senators and Congressmen or even hiring attorney’s- now why would this be? Do they know something other’s simply do not??????

Thanks….. and hopes this in fact helps someone else, and once again, I am by no means at all discouraging others from writing their Elected Officials as it sometimes, not quite often as in my case, pays off and informs them as well! But I have simply had more effect with attorney's than anything else..... hope folks at least think about this??????

For more accuracy on a comment "Then there are all the rules and laws for terminating federal employees..." I would, if anyone so inclined, highly recommend "The Complete Guide To Hiring and Firing Government Employees" by Stewart Liff- as I gave this as a gift to several very good VA employees who were in fact, as I stated above, "any employee I have known at the VA to ask hard questions or “buck” the system (so to speak) has paid dearly for it, personally and professionally……." to utilize as kind of a "reverse playbook" to protect themselves and careers, etc....., but even then some-supposedly had to retain attorney's..... Just something for folks to think about as very coin has how many sides?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darby 009- Hope this helps quite folks and once again, SHARE Program Atlanta Georgia is provided below for those "interested":

[email protected]

https://www.shepherd.org/

Links to other Threads This Web-site Below:

http://pebforum.com/threads/my-turn-for-guess-the-pts-ratings.42847/

http://pebforum.com/threads/express...a-all-vets-retirees-out-there-question.42879/

PS: As mentioned in other post's those veterans and other's "artistically" inclined the Fairhope, Alabama Arts and Craft's Festival is occurring March 16-18, in Fairhope Alabama and people all over the country and world attend. See below links:

http://fairhopeartsandcraftsfestival.com/

https://www.zapplication.org/event-info.php?ID=5857

Given, Fairhope-Daphne-Spanish Fort, as previously stated is per "capatia" one of the "wealthiest" areas in Alabama, might be good opportunity to pick up a sponsor or two?

(PS: One really wonder's how much Hollywood and other artist's reall get right as IAW "The Mythical Creatue's Bible" by Brenda Rosen- like in the Movie "John Wick," "Baba-Yeaga (sP)" is in fact real Russian Fable, as well as Movie "47-Ronin" - "Obake and...Kitasune"- are real Japaneses myth's....interesting????)

Number Views This Post: 182

Just a "Quick" Update here! Kind of like the song goes "How Bizzare" I did as Express Scripts Recommended as well as Chaplain Charlie, and had a prescription called into a local Food Store/Pharmacy yesterday. Never got a call! So called my "allergist" office- they in fact called it in. So called the Retail Food Store/Pharmacy- said issues with "Fexofenadine HCL" tablets- i.e. out of stock behind the counter, but had their Stores Brand name on the shelf to buy over the counter- as Pharmacy Clerk checked, and I verfied with a bottle I had previously purchased....

So being "inquisitive" or "due-diligence," take one's pick, I asked "how do you have your store brand in-stock, for full price, but not the one behind the counter, I can get at discount Express Scripts?" Answer, we sold out of that, and supposed to get more in by 1400-hours CST tomorrow!

Now, how is this simply possible or make any sense to anyone that might simply be concerned with this state of affairs.....????

Once again- the band "Publix Ensmy" ... most likely got it right song "Blure Steel" or the song "The ant's go marching 2x2,......" I guess it reall is all Just "Catch-22" for veterans and retirees...

This is not only case I have found, Express Scripts, sent me 6 or 8 syringe's and charged me well over a $1.00 a syringe. Can get same syringe at another local Retal?Pharmacy/ Grocery store apprx. .25-cents a syringe plus/minus tax, or 100-Syringes free from the US Department of Veteran's affair......hummph.... doe this not strike anyone else odd as welll or am I the only one??????

Yet again, I wrote "Law-Maker's" about above, but not sure if anything happened or not, as had stop taking this medication due to Chemical Allergies.... contained Cobalt!!!!!! Cobalt (Prussian Blue...), in right quantity can in fact "induce" cardiac arrest... and was at one time supposedly utilized in beer to "control" the head or foam of the beer- believe it or not!!!!! (Simply look on-line encyclopedia- I sent it to VA personnel MHV Secure MSG etc.....)

Well I hope this "mystifies" some folks as it does myself..... and hopefully spawns debate in "right" circles..... as band Kansas sings "Wheel in the sky keeps on turning.....

PS: As mentioned in other post's those veterans and other's "artistically" inclined the Fairhope, Alabama Arts and Craft's Festival is occurring March 16-18, in Fairhope Alabama and people all over the country and world attend. See below links:

Given, Fairhope-Daphne-Spanish Fort, as previously stated is per "capatia" one of the "wealthiest" areas in Alabama, might be good opportunity to pick up a sponsor or two?

(PS: One really wonder's how much Hollywood and other artist's reall get right as IAW "The Mythical Creatue's Bible" by Brenda Rosen- like in the Movie "John Wick," "Baba-Yeaga (sP)" is in fact real Russian Fable, as well as Movie "47-Ronin" - "Obake and...Kitasune"- are real Japaneses myth's....interesting????)

Views this post 190

Well, well, well, I just went to PU my "fexofenadine HCL" my allergist called in. With, the awesome co-pay for 92 Tablet's it was $46.95, and store said something about not carrying behind counter anymore.... not quites sure as did not get it all....hummph????

Now- if Express Scripts had this in "stocK" it would be free or even from the US DVA it would in fact be free..... how is all this possible??????

Like, previously stated, this is simply ONE medication and one "medical" condition out of countless Veterans' and retirees deal with....... most of whom are on a fixed income??????

Odd, as well, as walking thought heard a "call" to prayer in Arabic..... talk about a flash-back- as was stationed in "down-toen" Balad Iraq, next to 1,000 (+) year old Mosque we had to protect from both Sunni and Shiite's from blowing up. Had to listen to "call" to prayer 5-times a day- talk about "psychological warefare" as told person behind counter when picking up medications.... Said they had never heard it, and told them basically, have to live the "dream" to understand...... and if I never hear another as long as I live will be too soon!

Surprisingly, Alabama, is a "clandestine" 'SANCTUARY STATE' and some groups, like Judicial Watch, I believe, are supposedly getting ready "sue" State Attorney General over.......???????

Oh well guess we veteran's and "retirees' simply need to keep "marching-on" like the "Ants" in "You-Tube" Video "The ants go marching one by one song" at
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjw2A3QU8Qg

I would like to say I am surprised by this but after dealing with the US DVA now for very long time very little "shocks" and or "surprises" me anymore, however I must admit- on occasison they still manage to and not in a "good" way.......

http://pebforum.com/threads/wriisc-washington-dc-fyi-warning-proceed-with-caution.30283/#post-199156

And it simply seem's via ex-DVA employees, one can never truly escape them either......

http://pebforum.com/threads/possibl...perience-than-myself.42787/page-2#post-199110

http://pebforum.com/threads/new-res...-atlanta-georgia-super-hot.42897/#post-199109

http://pebforum.com/threads/my-turn-for-guess-the-pts-ratings.42847/page-2#post-199134

Well, as previous thread, I hope this "mystifies" some folks as it does myself..... and hopefully spawns debate in the "right" circles..... as band Kansas sings "Wheel in the sky keeps on turning..... (Perhaps some of those "teenager's" trying run Governor in Kansas, if elected, could figure this stuff out, to a somewhat better degree????? Just a thought......)

Views this post 224

Thought Post here as well as those utilizing both VA and civilian need to ensure they keep their medications updated both parties, but good luck US DVA: (http://pebforum.com/threads/my-turn-for-guess-the-pts-ratings.42847/ )

Darby009- I hope your "Experience" with the US DVA system you are about to enter is much better than mine and a "whole" "host" of other's. Tying in with "Why I No Longer Write Elected Official's" is the following:

I entered the Gulf Coast VA System, in particular, the Mobile, Alabama VA Outpatient Clinic (MOPC) well over 10-years ago and nothing has changed. It was in fact a VA provider that "encouraged" me to write, our local elected official's- oddly, but this individual had a Brain Tumor, that VA Official's and other's knew about, and that it was "affecting" his cognition significantly, but continued to allow him to "practice" until said tumor actually killed him- very regrettably.

That being said, this "individual" kept placing me on medications. he was aware made me "flip" out and as result- the guest of "Federal/State Government," etc... comments...

Since, my time in Gulf Coast VA, the MOPC MH desk, still does not answer their phone's, as they did for almost an entire year in the "entire" clinic back I believe in 2008. I have severe "issues' with most "psycho-tropic" medication's and did not realize the medication my "civilian" rheumatologist placed me on yesterday after finally, "officially" being diagnosed with "Fibroymalgia" was in fact an anti-depressant. So called the Biloxi VA Operator twice to be connected with MOPC MH, twice, yet again no-one answered the phone, to try and get ahold my VA MH Psycharist see if this medication, "safe" for me to take..... now remember this has been going on well over 10-years and have written everybody "humanly" possible about it to include but not limited to VA OIG...and nothing has changed.....

So, yet again, I had to call the Head Chaplain at Gulf Coast VA HQ, in Biloxi, MS to see if they could get ahold my MH Provider prior thi s upcoming long-weekend....??? (I np longer deal with the head Patient Advocate Gulf Coast VA for numerous reasons, as was also, supposedly IAW VA Employee's best-buddies 2x Director's [Now in Houston, TX VA] past the US DVA tried for over a year to fire, and as they say have had "significant" issues!!!!)

Furthermore, MOPC has an elevator, that has been "broken" since before I entered this "wonderful" system, and it is-yes "Believe It Or Not"- still broken and have met VEt's who have been trapped in it for hours as well as I have been told VA Provider's.....now how about those "apple's.."????????

Also, been told by VA staff the MOPC was one of worst in VA System, for over-prescribing medications, not too long ago....

I could simply go on, but hopefully you get the idea of what you may be walking into.... I sincerely hope not... but would encourage you to learn as much about VA and your conditions as humanly possible, as no one is really going to take the time to teach you any of this.....

Myself, and I am no expert, started simply listening to other veterans and "looking" what they said or claimed on the internet.... and this eventually led me other resources I have posted on this website.....

Darby009- I hope this helps you and other's in some small way upon your entry into US DVA System....

views this post 231

Quote Reply

Report Edit Delete

From previous Thread Above:

Thought Post here as well as those utilizing both VA and civilian need to ensure they keep their medications updated both parties, but good luck US DVA: (http://pebforum.com/threads/my-turn-for-guess-the-pts-ratings.42847/ )

Thought provide example of why one must check on their medications with all "Provider's," and in particular the one's whose "sandbox" a medication really falls under:

1518852351285.png

So as one can see I have to simply get back with my Rheumatologist..... for medication reconciliation.....??????? Yeah-Haw

Hope this helps folks...????

views this post 246

Attachments

• Redacted-MHV Secure MSG Response Dr. SC- Not Take Cymbalta- 16 FEB 2018 scanned 17 FEB 2018 ...pdf
    209.2 KB · Views: 0
Was really hoping for some clarity on this issue here, but since none, I have asked "others" within US Government what the "story" with this is- i.e. why Express Scripts never has in stock, and must rely on other DOD "approved" contractor's to get their "medication's" from?

I have also asked, same US Government folks, about why TRICARE apparently does similar with medical devices, like CPAP machines, etc... and utilizing local "contractor's," like in my area of Alabama, that are in fact by in large same company broken down into "multiple" entities, that cannot "efficiently" transfer records between one another and "double" billing TRICARE, without TRICARE itself catching it and correcting it, etc....! ???!!!

If I get an answer will post here, in case anyone interested..... ???????????

All- sorry to post here again so soon, but wondering if anyone else having-noticed similar issues Express Scripts? Below, correspondence wrote some of our elected officials:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Honorable Mr. & associated staff, it is with regret I am writing you again about Express Scripts the Pharmacy 'sub-contractor' for TRICARE! I am doing so in the hopes of not only assisting myself but others too. Issue: I received a package in the mail of N(?)KD , as the bottle is labeled in addition to A(????)D! 1) The package arrived "blown-up" like a helium balloon, and on "packaging" clearly states USPS should return to Express Scripts if package appears tampered with! 2) When I called Express Scripts a "pharmacist" tried to tell me this was due to "over-pressure" during shipment. This is incorrect, as this Pharmacist is obviously not "familiar" with the principle of "pressure" and both tires and "balloons"-unless filled with some kind of "different gas" both expand and contract due to altitude, temperature and pressure, among other things. This is chemistry 101! Perhaps an inert "gas" such as argon, was inserted via "hypodermic" needle and resealed? (Argon, I believe, is odorless and tasteless and among other things utilized to "humanely" mass-Kill chickens for processing as well as a "meat" preservative!) So whom is to say this is not the case? 2) The second call, and Supervisor, I spoke with Carl- could not authorize another shipment due to "tampering" without speaking to a "pharmacist" and tried to tell me I was incorrect about bag being blown up like a balloon- is this correct that a Supervisor cannot authorize a replacement shipment on their own? 3) All spoke with, on 2 x calls this morning-0931 AM & 0942 AM CST 05 May 18, could not find N(?)KVD directly in their data base and when I explained to them that this not only causes confusion for them but veteran's and retiree's when ordering or in fact "more importantly" taking their prescribed medication- could this not lead to an "inadvertent" overdose" (OD)? Express Scripts staff seemed less than concerned all above, and more concerned saving "dollar" than vet heath!"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Additionally, I have been told by Express Scripts Supervisor's that the USPS is not secure means of transmitting "records," etc... so if this is the case the why are medications being sent via USPS (United States Postal Service? ???? [Oddly having issue not only USPS, but UPS, etc.. packages/mail letters arriving Damaged or opened and have reported numerous times USPS, UPS Senior Management, etc... and nothing changes...??] Also, just realized both the US DVA and Epress Scripts are shipping bottles with out exterior or interior "safety' seals is anyone else OBSERVING THIS????? Finally, books and other things are in fact being shipped "vacumm" sealed to avoid issue like "pressuraziation" etc.. so why are not Express Scrip[ts and US DVA ( US Department of Veteran Affairs) not doing this as well...as would ensure "safety" and "longevity/ shelf-life" of medications being shipped- as some have very "LIMITED" half-life to begin with?????

(One can look up Argon and uses at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argon ) [Sadly, a member of my very extended family was found dead in his "residence" in a very similar manner as another relative of mine was, whilst I was guest Federal/State/local government, wonder if had any "gas appliances, fireplaces, etc..... as both were found "decomposed and had to be "cremated"!]

Well, I hope someone can help "clarify" this issue(s) such as a SuperModerator this web-site or perhaps even a "viewing" pharmacist"?????

Hopefully it will not be like being sent on a 'trip' to the "local" YMCA or as "Johnny Horton" sings at YouTube Video "Whispering Pines - Johnny Horton" courtesy YouTube
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkrfvjrr1Yk&index=0&list=RDhkrfvjrr1Yk

If others are having similar signifivcant issues' would encourage write "someone" about it or something about it:

The US White House can be contacted at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ among other US Pubically Elected Offical's, etc....

Hope this helps someone out there?????

I would say order your medicine ahead of when you need it. I take cellcept which is not common as most people that take it for organ transplants as it’s an immunosuppressant. I haven’t had any issues with fulfillment. I usually order another 90 day supply when I get through about half my supply.