facing fit for duty physical 7/2/08

I have a few questions, I'm an E-6 served 12 years active 4 years guard, 1year Iraq, I was injured, recieved LOD for only shoulder injury, am now being evaluated, they are sending me to Bragg. I went through poly trauma, at VA, and was diagnosed with mtbi, ptsd, depression, ddd, slap tear of the right shoulder, and am at 80% all stemming from my tour. I have had to use my wifes civilian insurance to get most of my care as VA sucks. My unit has turned it's back on me, wouldnt help get the PT i needed for shoulder surgery, no incap orders, What am I facing? I just recieved an MRI from a civilian provider for my spine, have 6 screwed up discs, happened over there, lumbar and thoracic, at times I can hardly walk, all from same injury. Rep told me Army won't retire me, just kick me out as unfit. I have been looking at this site for awhile, but can't find my circumstance. VA rated before army thanks

Mascabn,

Welcome! I first want to address the INCAP pay issue. I have posted the DA Pamphlet 135-381 describing the procedures for getting INCAP pay and the DA Form 7574 to request it. That is here: http://www.pebforum.com/physical-di...ional-guard-incapacitation-pay.html#post10361

I would bet that they have not done anything to help you and have not helped you prepare the form. They should, but I would recommend that you force them to respond by requesting the INCAP pay on the form. You can print out or save and forward the DA PAM 135-381 to the unit administrator. Put the demand on the system and you may get the pay! If you do not, then let us know what happens.

What am I facing? I just recieved an MRI from a civilian provider for my spine, have 6 screwed up discs, happened over there, lumbar and thoracic, at times I can hardly walk, all from same injury. Rep told me Army won't retire me, just kick me out as unfit. I have been looking at this site for awhile, but can't find my circumstance. VA rated before army thanks

What happens to you will depend on the exact facts of your situation. From what you stated, it sounds like the fit for duty exam will disqualify you. This should result in an MEB and later a PEB. I don't know why the "Rep" told you this, if you are disabled with unfitting conditions rated at 30%, you will get retirement under Chapter 61. They are not supposed to advise you on ratings (I am assuming this was a PEBLO- Physical Evaluation Board Liasion Officer). AgaiIt sounds to me like you should be retired (the only question would be if conditions the VA rated you on were not unfitting, i.e., did not interfere with reasonable performance of your duties).

Best of luck and let us know any questions.

Thanks, let me clarify, the rep was a Military Order of the Purple Heart rep. My biggest concern is not the money as much as the health insurance, I don't want to be forced to use the VA. They're great for PTSD, and medications, but nothing more.

Few more questions? My 2x citizen reports my retirement points on as the year in Iraq, the training, and drill, none of my AD time, the unit is so fubu'd , 4 UA's have failed to correct, but I have my 214's, is there somewhere on bragg I can take these to have my points adjusted? also, I don't know if my most current med data was sent to Bragg but I have a master copy, will they let me review/submit during physical? they don't have the mri results, just obtained 6/26. The doctor left on vacation, so has yet to add his comments to the MRI results, but his assistant said they will try injections, since therapy, tens, didn't help, I've been on Morphine, hydrocodone.

VA rated my PTSD at 50%, Depression 50%, shoulder10%(pre-op), and back 10%(pre mri, ER visit) All conditions have worsened, and am appealing decision, as I had to resign for civ job, and can't walk/stand more than 15-20 minutes, and PTSD symptoms aren't controlled with meds, and seem to be worse with all this stress. I don't think I'm fit, not too worried about finding of fit, but don't want to get short changed on a rating, Thanks great service your providing on this site!

Also, my mos requires me to ruck 85 lbs, met SF physical fitness tests/standards. NOCANDO!

OK, I am not familiar with the NG's operation, (the 50+Kingdoms). Seems if you were injured while on AD you should have gotten MRP2 orders and sent to a WTU to heal.

That may be an option yet for you, mascabn. I do tend to think you would have less issues if you are assigned to a WTU.

AR not ng, and yeah - no, unit hasn't done shit, they didn't even know i had a LOD, the commander who signed off on it was transferred as soon as we stepped back in US. I had to give my copy to them, like 20 times, they even lost my medical records, would have shit if i didn't keep a copy on my own.

OK, having a better picture of what is going on (as I read your posts) I think that your unit has no clue. But not all AR or NG units do. Since you were injured while on AD during the GWOT, etc, I would recommend that you ask that you be placed on MPR2 orders and assigned to a WTU so that you can heal. Seems that they are sending you for a fit for duty, I would suspect that they are trying to determine if you can stay in the military. Also, if they say that you exceeded the 6 months time frame for requesting MPR2 orders then the deer looking in head lights applies. But first I would ask them to start the process. IMO

thanks I appreciate the info wish me luck i'll update as i get results

I would also add, if you do get assigned to a WTU you can apply for a CBHCO. CBHCO is where you are assigned to a unit close to home and receive medical treatment for your condition, but it would depend on the medical treatment for your condition is available in your area. FYI.

Well, I am back from Bragg, what a dog and pony show! My unit didn't forward my copy of my records, glad I took a copy, found not fit for duty.

They indicated at headquarters, their intention was to admin discharge me, had I not brought my medical files, and LOD, they might have. I have been waiting since August of last year for MEB, the unit is so bad, they had to put me though fit for duy physical again.

I came back and went to file my travel voucher, now they say i won't get reimbersed, and even though my MTF is Leonardwood, will have to face MEB process through Walter Reed.

I am getting pissed. I saw my records sitting at my unit, and also found a pre authorization for medical treatement allowing me to get my lod injuries fixed at military expense, sitting in the file, no one gave this to me, all my injuries have had to be paid for by my wifes insurance, I could not get the required physical therapy for my shoulder injury and now have problems with my arm. SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE

mascabn if you were injured while on MOB orders or while on IDT or for training you are entitled to be placed back on orders so that you can heal. You should call the Reserve WFAC at 1-866-436-6290, they are open 24/7. Or you can call the Wounded Soldier and Family Hot Line at 1-800-984-8523, also open 24/7 and inform them of your issue(s).

Your unit probably thinks that you will just go with the flow. But if they get a call from higher HQ they might begin to pay attention to your needs.

Hope this helps.

Did that when I got refrad back in august, another dog and pony show, GOT ME NO WHERE, I think I need a lawyer, or devine intervention:rolleyes:
Am I correct in my assumption that since my MTF is leonardwood, my meb should be done there, and then PEB at FT Lewis, I don't want to go to Walter Reed been there I wouldn't take my dog there:eek: Can I insist?

Thanks

Sorry to hear that. I think there are three places for PEBs, Sam Huston in Tx, Walter Reed in DC, and Ft Lewis, depending on your geographical location.