Feedback Requested

JavaChief_CoffeeOIC

Registered Member
At a crossroads, 20% DoD/90% VA (left knee referred). Debating continuing with the formal board as I’ve run into a wall with treatment facilities at duty station.

After being placed into IDES, saw local podiatry (previously seen off post in 2017) because still having severe foot pain. Diagnoses regarding feet are bilateral fibrosis (new), hallux rigidus (new), and plantar fasciitis w/ flat feet (claimed, accepted by VA at 10% w/ flat feet being aggravated by service). I got more insoles from local podiatry with no avail and tried steroid treatment for the fibrosis/cyst. The doc mentioned PRP and physical therapy but the clinic has not responded to my requests for follow up appointments regarding these. I requested a profile but the podiatrist said to reach out to the MEB doc since I’m already in MEB. Sent a note to my PEBLO for MEB Doc and no response. PEB legal has not contacted me to review my case. I had envisioned a rebuttal or formal board requesting to make my bilateral foot problems unfit as well but am not getting traction on any front.

My current feeling is to accept 20% and get on with my life but I have two young children & am married. I also feel guilty if I do not take a shot at medical retirement for their sake. I’ve already transferred my GI bill years ago to the kids and have met the TIS requirement for transfer regardless.

Requesting feedback/advice.

At a crossroads, 20% DoD/90% VA (left knee referred). Debating continuing with the formal board as I’ve run into a wall with treatment facilities at duty station.

After being placed into IDES, saw local podiatry (previously seen off post in 2017) because still having severe foot pain. Diagnoses regarding feet are bilateral fibrosis (new), hallux rigidus (new), and plantar fasciitis w/ flat feet (claimed, accepted by VA at 10% w/ flat feet being aggravated by service). I got more insoles from local podiatry with no avail and tried steroid treatment for the fibrosis/cyst. The doc mentioned PRP and physical therapy but the clinic has not responded to my requests for follow up appointments regarding these. I requested a profile but the podiatrist said to reach out to the MEB doc since I’m already in MEB. Sent a note to my PEBLO for MEB Doc and no response. PEB legal has not contacted me to review my case. I had envisioned a rebuttal or formal board requesting to make my bilateral foot problems unfit as well but am not getting traction on any front.

My current feeling is to accept 20% and get on with my life but I have two young children & am married. I also feel guilty if I do not take a shot at medical retirement for their sake. I’ve already transferred my GI bill years ago to the kids and have met the TIS requirement for transfer regardless.

Requesting feedback/advice.
Those who plan, prepare and fight have the best chance to win! Most people that take the easy route end up with a raw deal in IDES. Look at possible hiring a private attorney. You want to build a case to have another condition added as unfitting and or for increased rating on your referred condition(s). That means IMR or rebuttal at MEB level. VARR/FPEB later on and everything in between to include utilizing private doctors and buddy statements. Tricare for your family for life is worth fighting for regardless of if your entire pension is offset by your VA disability payment.

Those who plan, prepare and fight have the best chance to win! Most people that take the easy route end up with a raw deal in IDES. Look at possible hiring a private attorney. You want to build a case to have another condition added as unfitting and or for increased rating on your referred condition(s). That means IMR or rebuttal at MEB level. VARR/FPEB later on and everything in between to include utilizing private doctors and buddy statements. Tricare for your family for life is worth fighting for regardless of if your entire pension is offset by your VA disability payment.
Everything Provis said.

I worked with a private attorney from the week I got my diagnosis and he was the key to my sanity, besides being my advocate.

Don’t leave this process without Tricare for the rest of your life for you and your family.

The only loss with gong to the FPEB is a little more time in.