Few questions

AaronJM1984

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've posted this under a different section with no responses so sorry about the double post.

I'll do my best to explain my question. Iwas specifically recommened to be entered into the IDES for PTSD. My Psychiatrist initiated the MEB, he is the one that wrote myNARSUM. My NARSUM only contained information about my PTSD (obviously right, since it was written bymy mental health doc).So here's my question,even though PTSD was the condition I wasreferred for, could the MEB have considered sending additionalunfitting conditions to the PEB even if they no addendums wereinitially sent to them for other conditions? I ask because I have multiple otherconditions that couldpossibly be deemed asunfitting in my medical record, however onlyPTSD was listed on thepackage. Thanks inadvance.

Also in my personal statement and non medical assessment written by my CO, all injuries were discussed, not just PTSD.

Warrior644

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've posted this under a different section with no responses so sorry about the double post.

I'll do my best to explain my question. Iwas specifically recommened to be entered into the IDES for PTSD. My Psychiatrist initiated the MEB, he is the one that wrote myNARSUM. My NARSUM only contained information about my PTSD (obviously right, since it was written bymy mental health doc).So here's my question,even though PTSD was the condition I wasreferred for, could the MEB have considered sending additionalunfitting conditions to the PEB even if they no addendums wereinitially sent to them for other conditions? I ask because I have multiple otherconditions that couldpossibly be deemed asunfitting in my medical record, however onlyPTSD was listed on thepackage. Thanks inadvance.

Also in my personal statement and non medical assessment written by my CO, all injuries were discussed, not just PTSD.
From an U.S. Army perspective, the MEB physician should have reviewed all medical conditions as dictated from the DoVA C&P Examinations. Hmm, were you scheduled for DoVA C&P Examinations other than for PTSD at that particular point in time? :confused: (second response)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

AaronJM1984

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The PEB must consider all conditions, not just the referred condition.
That is what I thought, in fact I believe I have read that answer from you on other people's posts. You definitely seem to know your stuff and I appreciate it. I am still confused though, if the PEB has to consider all conditions, then why do we go through the trouble of filling out all of the paperwork for an actual "referred" condition? Is it more of a formality that is required in order to begin the process? Without a specific referred condition, you cannot begin the process? Some people have made it seem like anything that was not spelled out in my package for the MEB would not even be looked at even though it's in my records unless I specifically told them to.

AaronJM1984

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
From an U.S. Army perspective, the MEB physician should have reviewed all medical conditions as dictated from the DoVA C&P Examinations. Hmm, were you scheduled for DoVA C&P Examinations other than for PTSD at that particular point in time? :confused: (second response)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!
Thanks for the response, yes I received almost a full body C&P exam. The mental health one was like 14 pages, the other exam was about 300 pages lol. Again I appreciate the knowledge gentlemen.

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That is what I thought, in fact I believe I have read that answer from you on other people's posts. You definitely seem to know your stuff and I appreciate it. I am still confused though, if the PEB has to consider all conditions, then why do we go through the trouble of filling out all of the paperwork for an actual "referred" condition? Is it more of a formality that is required in order to begin the process? Without a specific referred condition, you cannot begin the process? Some people have made it seem like anything that was not spelled out in my package for the MEB would not even be looked at even though it's in my records unless I specifically told them to.
I think the NARSUM is supposed to be just that, a summary in narrative. In my case, the PEB made the PCM rewrite the NARSUM because it was weak. We should all remember there is a huge system of checks and balances that take place. That is not to say, errors or injustices don't occur.

AaronJM1984

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I think the NARSUM is supposed to be just that, a summary in narrative. In my case, the PEB made the PCM rewrite the NARSUM because it was weak. We should all remember there is a huge system of checks and balances that take place. That is not to say, errors or injustices don't occur.
This is why I am concerned that only mental health is being considered for unfitting because my NARSUM was perfect but it was strictly for my mental health (written by my psychiatrist). Honestly I'm just perceverating and need to wait and see what happens

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">