Fibromyalgia AF Timeline

mkg1995

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am an AD AF individual with a little over 3 years service.
Long backstory to all of medical information, but I was on a profile for over 2 years due to an injury that happened on duty. Originally, I was being MEB'd for this by the DAWG, but they changed my MEB to be for my diagnosis of fibromyalgia.
Overall, here is my current timeline (I will update as I get more of the process done):

Original Code 37: Aug 2019
Signed Commanders Impact Statement: 27 Nov 2019
PCM NARSUM Report Completed: 8 Jan 2020
IDES Referral: 22 Jan 2020
IDES Briefing with PEBLO: 23 Jan 2020
Meeting with VA Rep for Claims: 27 Jan 2020
Scheduled C&P Exams: 3 Feb 2020
Mental Health C&P Exam: 4 Feb 2020
General Med C&P Exam: 6 Feb 2020
Audiology C&P Exam: 10 Feb 2020
C&P Reports Completed/E-Benefits Update on va.gov : 20 Feb 2020
NARSUM Addendum by MH & PCM :24 Feb 2020
Local MEB Completed - Unfit : 27 Feb 2020
Sign AF 618/ Submitted to IPEB : 9 Mar 2020

I claimed 39 items on my VA exams and my referring conditions for IDES are fibromyalgia and asthma.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Holy crap yours is flying. I was referred last year around March. My case was sent to the IPEB Jan 31 and haven’t heard anything back yet.

Received automated email from myPERS about receipt of the upload of my file : 3/10/20.
Tip for anyone whos away from work email often: add your personal email to your myPERS account. You’ll get the notification that way too.

Holy crap yours is flying. I was referred last year around March. My case was sent to the IPEB Jan 31 and haven’t heard anything back yet.
Wow. I’m surprised that mine is going so fast, but I’m being very proactive with my communication too. It felt like forever trying to get my MEB initiated so I’m glad that the process is finally moving along.

Logged into va.gov just to see if anything was updated. This was what I saw, not sure what it means, but at least it looks as if there is progress through the VA side as well.

Attachments

• Capture - VA.PNG
    Capture - VA.PNG
    64.4 KB · Views: 71
I am an AD AF individual with a little over 3 years service.
Long backstory to all of medical information, but I was on a profile for over 2 years due to an injury that happened on duty. Originally, I was being MEB'd for this by the DAWG, but they changed my MEB to be for my diagnosis of fibromyalgia.
Overall, here is my current timeline (I will update as I get more of the process done):

Original Code 37: Aug 2019
Signed Commanders Impact Statement: 27 Nov 2019
PCM NARSUM Report Completed: 8 Jan 2020
IDES Referral: 22 Jan 2020
IDES Briefing with PEBLO: 23 Jan 2020
Meeting with VA Rep for Claims: 27 Jan 2020
Scheduled C&P Exams: 3 Feb 2020
Mental Health C&P Exam: 4 Feb 2020
General Med C&P Exam: 6 Feb 2020
Audiology C&P Exam: 10 Feb 2020
C&P Reports Completed/E-Benefits Update on va.gov : 20 Feb 2020
NARSUM Addendum by MH & PCM :24 Feb 2020
Local MEB Completed - Unfit : 27 Feb 2020
Sign AF 618/ Submitted to IPEB : 9 Mar 2020

I claimed 39 items on my VA exams and my referring conditions for IDES are fibromyalgia and asthma.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Wow, yours is moving fast.
I was referred for Fibro, anxiety, and depression in Dec for MEB and my NARSUM wasn't completed till March. I'm awaiting a decision for full MEB or return to duty. Hopefully mine speeds up, i'm hanging on by a thread :(
I'm looking forward to limiting my daily stress and having family there to support me. Unfortunately, I cant do either of those things until i'm separated.

Wow, yours is moving fast.
I was referred for Fibro, anxiety, and depression in Dec for MEB and my NARSUM wasn't completed till March. I'm awaiting a decision for full MEB or return to duty. Hopefully mine speeds up, i'm hanging on by a thread :(
I'm looking forward to limiting my daily stress and having family there to support me. Unfortunately, I cant do either of those things until i'm separated.
I hope you hear something soon. I felt the same way for a long time. It’s so hard doing my job with my fibro. It takes a real toll mentally. I, too, cannot wait to eliminate the stressors from work.
best of luck to you

I hope you hear something soon. I felt the same way for a long time. It’s so hard doing my job with my fibro. It takes a real toll mentally. I, too, cannot wait to eliminate the stressors from work.
best of luck to you

Thanks I appreciate it.
Have you received your DOD rating yet? Will you be retired or separated?

best of luck to you
Did your have to take a Fibromyalgia class? SAMMC host one and I was told I had to go to it. Some information was ok; but nothing more than you have already googled. It was 8 weeks long every Monday for like 3.5 hours.

Did your have to take a Fibromyalgia class? SAMMC host one and I was told I had to go to it. Some information was ok; but nothing more than you have already googled. It was 8 weeks long every Monday for like 3.5 hours.

I didn't have to take a class. But I would imagine that it would be nice to talk to people that might understand what I am going through...
They tried me on a bunch meds and sent me to neurology and then rhumtology to rule out other possible illness and then confirmed my diagnoses of fibromyaliga

I didn’t even know SAMMC offered a class on fibro, so obviously I haven’t been. My PCM suspected I had fibro, and we put a referral for rheumatology and neurology to get my official diagnosis.

Email from myPERS that 356 was sent to PEB: 3/12/20
waiting for PEBLO to contact me to go over PEB results - I presume they are unfit due to the progress I saw on va.gov the other day

It was interesting. The medication portion was good. I’vegabapentin to lyrica. I gave
Concluded to be unfit by the PEB -
40% DOD/100% VA - to be permanently medically retired!

Signed all paperwork today, 3/13/20, just waiting to receive orders to begin outprocessing

Awesome. Congrats. So crazy how some MEBs fly through! Good luck in your future endeavors!

It was interesting. The medication portion was good. I’vegabapentin to lyrica. I gave

Awesome. Congrats. So crazy how some MEBs fly through! Good luck in your future endeavors!
Thank you! My PEBLO told me that the process is actually going a lot faster now. Apparently once you are done with your VA C&P exams and they are finalized, the VA goes ahead and send them to get ratings. Therefore, once the PEB gets your package and deems you unfit, there shouldn't be as long of a wait for them to get the VA rating.
Thus, why my package got done so quick.

Thank you! My PEBLO told me that the process is actually going a lot faster now. Apparently once you are done with your VA C&P exams and they are finalized, the VA goes ahead and send them to get ratings. Therefore, once the PEB gets your package and deems you unfit, there shouldn't be as long of a wait for them to get the VA rating.
Thus, why my package got done so quick.

Are they sent after each individual appointment or are they sent after all your appointments have been completed? I am asking this because all my appointments have been completed except dental, which has been put on hold because of covid 19. I am wondering if they will process everything except dental and find me fit or unfit with all the relevant information available

Are they sent after each individual appointment or are they sent after all your appointments have been completed? I am asking this because all my appointments have been completed except dental, which has been put on hold because of covid 19. I am wondering if they will process everything except dental and find me fit or unfit with all the relevant information available

To my knowledge, once all of your VA exams are complete your VA rep will send your package to their headquarters to allow for your rating to occur.
I didn’t claim any dental issues, so I’m not sure how that would work. If you are claiming dental for disability through the VA, I’m assuming you’re going to have to wait for that exam to be complete before they will do the overall rating. Personally, I would consult with your PEBLO in regards to this.[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, once all of your VA exams are complete your VA rep will send your package to their headquarters to allow for your rating to occur.
I didn’t claim any dental issues, so I’m not sure how that would work. If you are claiming dental for disability through the VA, I’m assuming you’re going to have to wait for that exam to be complete before they will do the overall rating. Personally, I would consult with your PEBLO in regards to this.
[/QUOTE]
How severe is your fibro? I was just recently diagnosed with it too (Sep) did your PCM put you in for an MEB or was it rheumatology? I’m currently being looked at for exertional compartment syndrome in both legs. Just curious how your fibro MEB came about. When they diagnosed me they didn’t mention anything about an MEB.