Fibromyalgia MEB

Hello,
I have been diagnosed with fibro for over 2 years now and on and off profiles/mobility restrictions and I guess I'm just looking for someone else to give me info on what to expect with an MEB for fibro.
My PCM says that fibro isn't a boardable condition but it's on the list of conditions that get ratings so I'm a little confused?
I'm reading through other threads in this forums to get more info, too.
If it makes a difference I'm a little over 4 years into my 6 year contract and I'm an 3F5. My fibro has not responded well to any meds or the treatment options they gave me and I miss a lot of work due to dizziness/throwing up/everything else that goes along with my fibro.
My PCM said they'll be starting the MEB process next month when my final results from my second opinion from an off-base rheumatologist come in.
Any tips? Advice? What to do or not do? Thank you!

I was diagnosed with Fibro 3 months ago AF doc said it wasn't a boardable condition as well. I see folks here being boarded for it though so IDK.... Between the pain, the fog, my back and my pending PCS I am a hot mess express right now.

Lots of fibro comes back fit or for separation. Your performance and evals/commander statement make a big difference on the outcome.

Your PCM is incorrect, FMS is a boardable condition for which you can be found fit, medically separated or medically retired. In order to receive the maximum 40%ratign for FMS alone under VA Code 5025, you have to demonstrate that your symptoms have been constant or nearly so and refractory to treatment. Otherwise, the diagnosis alone without showing that symptoms are constant and refractory to treatment will result in a 20% disability severance rating if found Unfit. It will turn upon the rheumatologist eval and the input from your command.

From my perspective: Fibro is on the fence depending on what you and your leadership put. Just what @oddpedestrian stated the big push for my case was my leadership. They were awesome in my process and backed me up getting out. I was just med boarded and medically retired for Fibro in January 2019. I got 40% DOD for that. During my process i was also told the military might keep me. Like what @johnbgately stated you have to show that nothing is working and it affects your work. I went to yoga, pain management classes, pharmacists, physical and water therapy to show that nothing was working. It was an extremely long process for me. Good luck in your process.

From my perspective: Fibro is on the fence depending on what you and your leadership put. Just what @oddpedestrian stated the big push for my case was my leadership. They were awesome in my process and backed me up getting out. I was just med boarded and medically retired for Fibro in January 2019. I got 40% DOD for that. During my process i was also told the military might keep me. Like what @johnbgately stated you have to show that nothing is working and it affects your work. I went to yoga, pain management classes, pharmacists, physical and water therapy to show that nothing was working. It was an extremely long process for me. Good luck in your process.
Hello! Congrats to you on getting thru the process. Do you mind sharing your timeline? I completed my exams a couple weeks ago. I am retirement eligible as well. Not sure that is a factor but my Fibro is debilitating which causes me to work from home and the wait makes everything worse, especially my panic attacks from my severe anxiety. Thanks.