Finalized IDES.....Timeline included

77617761pdh

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
September 2005-Initial knee injury (torn ACL, MCL, PCL and meniscus)
October 2005-Surgery to repair
August 2007-ACL retorn
June 2009-Second ACL Reconstruction
March 2011-ACL retorn
June 2011-Third ACL Reconstruction
November 2011-IDES process started
January 2012-MEB complete; packet forwarded to Fort Lewis
February 2012-Found unfit by PEB
May 2012-VA ratings received
May 2012-Orders cut
June 2012-Last day in Army

I started my process around the same timeframe:
I have had 1 surgery on the left knee, and 2 on the right knee, last surgery they re-attached the tendon with some screws. I have bad osteoarthritis in my knees, I have a cane to walk, I can't stand for long periods of time, this sucks after years of being so fit. Here is where I am in my process

MEB Briefing Oct 2011
1st MEB Dr eval Dec 2011
C&P exams completed Jan 2012
NARSUM done Feb 2012
Packet at Ft Lewis Mar 2012
Found Unfit 11 Apr 2012
Packet at the VA since 13 Apr
Now we are waiting on the VA rating so I can concur, get orders cut and be done. This process seems so long, it seems like it is never going to be done. I want to start the next chapter in my life. I feel like I'm in limbo or like a prisoner waiting on a parole date....

Thats kind of quick, nice. For some reason I have know idea how my PEB is coming along but I talked to my VA rep and was verbally told my rating. Good luck.

Soldierboyth,
Sort of. They gave me a no later than date. You can submit a 4187 (signed by company commander) requesting an earlier out date. For my case, I have 87 days of leave....I'm only taking 27 days and selling back the remaining 60 days. So, to answer your question, you'll have a lot of control when you want your final day to be.
best of luck,
p

Burt,
Totally understand your concerns....based on your timelines, I would say that you are fairly close to receiving you final rating percentages....Things will move REAL fast after that.

good luck

I started my process around the same timeframe:
I have had 1 surgery on the left knee, and 2 on the right knee, last surgery they re-attached the tendon with some screws. I have bad osteoarthritis in my knees, I have a cane to walk, I can't stand for long periods of time, this sucks after years of being so fit. Here is where I am in my process

MEB Briefing Oct 2011
1st MEB Dr eval Dec 2011
C&P exams completed Jan 2012
NARSUM done Feb 2012
Packet at Ft Lewis Mar 2012
Found Unfit 11 Apr 2012
Packet at the VA since 13 Apr
Now we are waiting on the VA rating so I can concur, get orders cut and be done. This process seems so long, it seems like it is never going to be done. I want to start the next chapter in my life. I feel like I'm in limbo or like a prisoner waiting on a parole date....

Fort Lewis is running super slow I was found unfit 21 feb 2012 and still waiting for ratings, hope yours doesn't take as long as mine is...but I feel the same way like a prisoner, only if someone would click there keyboard buttons a little faster...

September 2005-Initial knee injury (torn ACL, MCL, PCL and meniscus)
October 2005-Surgery to repair
August 2007-ACL retorn
June 2009-Second ACL Reconstruction
March 2011-ACL retorn
June 2011-Third ACL Reconstruction
November 2011-IDES process started
January 2012-MEB complete; packet forwarded to Fort Lewis
February 2012-Found unfit by PEB
May 2012-VA ratings received
May 2012-Orders cut
June 2012-Last day in Army

That was a fast MEB I started back in June 2011 and I'm still waiting for my ratings, congrats though

I called the VA in Seattle personally and the rep told me that the VA already made a final decision and it would be sent to my address here in Hawaii, and it would be about 23 days (odd number huh?), and so I called my PEBLO who said that it would be 2-4 months from the time I was found unfit from the preliminary findings to hear back from PEB with the ratings....this stuff is all electronic, what isthe hold up? I could see if it was regular mail...another day waiting on my parole papers..lol

Same thing happened to me this morning. Got the same 23 day answer from the VA. I am in Hawaii too but my PEBLO did not mention 2-4 months. That is just ridiculous.

My PEB shows on AKO complete as of 5/22. Hopefully, mine will follow your timeline soon.

I hope it is not the 2-4 months to get ratings from PEB to Hawaii, VA already said they did their final determination 11 May 2012. I hope it moves faster than 2-4 months, I need to get my life and family ready for the next chapter. All I have known my adult life is the military, so I need to find a job, a home, and my spouse needs to find a job too. There is so much to do to prepare for this next step in our life.

Update
I finally got my ratings, I sighned my 199 yesterday. 40% VA and 30% DoD. THere is hope, a light at the end of the tunnel. Now we are waiting on orders. I was told 2-4 weeks for my orders, it was a great feeling to hit this benchmark in the process.

Good for you Burt. I also signed my 199 yesterday and sent a copy to Fort Rucker for orders, wasn't told a timeline for orders or when I will retire though.

I am seeing quite a few people getting through this fairly quickly now. There must have been some serious @$$ chewings going on recently. Hopefully this continues! Cograts on you DoD retirement. I though I would for sure get it, but God had another plan. Hopefully we can get more and more people including their timelines so we can compare and get a good estimates on the timeline.

my AF timeline:

February 17 (2012)- claim opened. completing VA physical and claims. narsum completed.
March 22- informal
May 16- found UNFIT (my birthday of all days)
May 21- VA received package
June 6- VA ebenefits claim status says 'complete' and "Appeal is possible- Decision Notification Sent"
July 26- Received findings 40% DOD, 40% VA. signed for it that day.

now im waiting for my orders. I was told up to 2 weeks so well see if I get them on in 2 days. anyone know how soon after receiving orders do they start your 20 days outprocessing?

btw my claims were for 40% deep vein thrombrosis (i believe the code was 6187) ,0% longterm anti-coagulant therapy(coumadin)