Finally moved from TDRL to PDRL need 1 final bit of help

at_a_canter

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I honestly didn't know where to post this, sorry if it has to be moved.

I got a letter in the mail notifying that I have been moved to PDRL. I dont know if its my TBI or what but I am have a hard time understanding my next step.

Currently I am Getting ~1900 from VA , 81 from DoD and ~750 CRSC
I dont want this to change.

Do i need to take any action based on this letter? I read "Your retired pay will automatically adjusted to, or continued at the highest rate above"... I'm assuming method A is what I am currently getting and is what i will continue getting. No further action is required. Is this assumption correct? I'm trying not to fuckify anything up. I've always gotten great answer from this forum and thanks in advance.

image: https://gyazo.com/a3c9fd3e58f2ccf644a31a7c3d0f2379

gsfowler

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Based upon the letter, your pay is going up due to the PDRL. Curently you get $1900 from VA and $81 DOD, the DOD should go up by $29 giving you $110

You should plug all of your numbers into the combined ratings calculator, hopefully the bump from TDRL will get you to 100% P&T.

Even if it does not, apply for IU with the VA to get paid at the 100% rate, this would be $1000 more per month.

Peter.parker.gonzalez

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I honestly didn't know where to post this, sorry if it has to be moved.

I got a letter in the mail notifying that I have been moved to PDRL. I dont know if its my TBI or what but I am have a hard time understanding my next step.

Currently I am Getting ~1900 from VA , 81 from DoD and ~750 CRSC
I dont want this to change.

Do i need to take any action based on this letter? I read "Your retired pay will automatically adjusted to, or continued at the highest rate above"... I'm assuming method A is what I am currently getting and is what i will continue getting. No further action is required. Is this assumption correct? I'm trying not to fuckify anything up. I've always gotten great answer from this forum and thanks in advance.

image: https://gyazo.com/a3c9fd3e58f2ccf644a31a7c3d0f2379
How did you move from TDRL to PDRL?

at_a_canter

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
How did you move from TDRL to PDRL?
In certain cases such as mine, if you are medically discharged from the military you will be placed on the temporary disabled retirement list.

In my case, after 6 months of being out of service, I was called up to go down to San Antonio for a reevaluation. It was determined that my condition had not improved or degraded so I was then placed on the Permanent Disabled Retired List, or whatever that acronym is.

Peter.parker.gonzalez

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
In certain cases such as mine, if you are medically discharged from the military you will be placed on the temporary disabled retirement list.

In my case, after 6 months of being out of service, I was called up to go down to San Antonio for a reevaluation. It was determined that my condition had not improved or degraded so I was then placed on the Permanent Disabled Retired List, or whatever that acronym is.
I am currently on TDRL for one of my conditions. And was wondering how does one go from being on TDRL for that condition to PDRL. Is it just a time thing?

at_a_canter

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am currently on TDRL for one of my conditions. And was wondering how does one go from being on TDRL for that condition to PDRL. Is it just a time thing?
As I understand it, TRDL is used when the condition is expected, or has a chance at least, to improve or degrade. It is usually used for those with issues involving psychological illnesses.

Illnesses or injuries such as knee or back problems are almost never placed on the TRDL because there really is no chance of those types of things improving. PTSD, however, can and usually does improve.

The keyword in TDRL is temporary. In my case they waited until I had been 6months out of the Army before I was reevaluated and given a choice to try and join again.

If you are TRDL, you will eventually be called up for a reevaluation. There is no way around it and if you miss these appointments they will assume you are fine and will stop paying you. My recommendation to you is get treatment anytime you think you might need it
Document everything and don't miss appointments.

Peter.parker.gonzalez

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As I understand it, TRDL is used when the condition is expected, or has a chance at least, to improve or degrade. It is usually used for those with issues involving psychological illnesses.

Illnesses or injuries such as knee or back problems are almost never placed on the TRDL because there really is no chance of those types of things improving. PTSD, however, can and usually does improve.

The keyword in TDRL is temporary. In my case they waited until I had been 6months out of the Army before I was reevaluated and given a choice to try and join again.

If you are TRDL, you will eventually be called up for a reevaluation. There is no way around it and if you miss these appointments they will assume you are fine and will stop paying you. My recommendation to you is get treatment anytime you think you might need it
Document everything and don't miss appointments.
Yes that is correct, and that is what i plan on doing, and I’m assuming after certain re-evaluations thats when they were determine whether to keep me on TDRL or move me to PDRL correct? Just trying to understand how people get moved from TDRL to PDRL

at_a_canter

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yes that is correct, and that is what i plan on doing, and I’m assuming after certain re-evaluations thats when they were determine whether to keep me on TDRL or move me to PDRL correct? Just trying to understand how people get moved from TDRL to PDRL
As I understand it, it's rare for a person to remain tdrl after their first evaluation. They are so busy with they backlog that it's almost like they are just trying to get us out of their hair.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">