Finally, Preparation for Decision but also wondering..

So I just got the call today. I am a mobilized reservist and have been on orders for the past 6 years without a break. (total time in service almost 12) The board didn't give me a DoD rating as they are treating it as if I didn't get injured on orders. I will be requesting a formal board. I am awaiting the email with all my information.

Wow that's crazy good luck

So I just got the call today. I am a mobilized reservist and have been on orders for the past 6 years without a break. (total time in service almost 12) The board didn't give me a DoD rating as they are treating it as if I didn't get injured on orders. I will be requesting a formal board. I am awaiting the email with all my information.

Sorry to hear this outcome, I had to go the formal route as well. I felt that it was a better route as you actually are able to interact with the board and allow them to understand the issues that you are facing. Since my formal board it has been 5 months today and I am still waiting for my percentages.

Sorry to hear this outcome, I had to go the formal route as well. I felt that it was a better route as you actually are able to interact with the board and allow them to understand the issues that you are facing. Since my formal board it has been 5 months today and I am still waiting for my percentages.

I was by no means looking to prolong this process but I am not leaving with no DoD ratings. Especially since I have been mobilized since 2010 with no break. Its just ridiculous.

So the board has taken this long with your DoD ratings or do they have to send it back to the VA ?

I was by no means looking to prolong this process but I am not leaving with no DoD ratings. Especially since I have been mobilized since 2010 with no break. Its just ridiculous.

So the board has taken this long with your DoD ratings or do they have to send it back to the VA ?

The board had my package from 2-4-16 to 4-27-16 then I had to go to VA for ratings VA returned my package to PEB 5-7-16 and I am still waiting for results from DoD side, I was able to get my VA ratings faxed to me a few weeks ago.

The board had my package from 2-4-16 to 4-27-16 then I had to go to VA for ratings VA returned my package to PEB 5-7-16 and I am still waiting for results from DoD side, I was able to get my VA ratings faxed to me a few weeks ago.

So I will probably be here another 6 months lol

Man I hope you get your answer soon.

No update. Still awaiting my Formal PEB date.

223 days since my PEB was officially accepted

650 days on Med hold.

All right everyone HUGE news today. My lawyer is effing amazing and got the PEB to see their administrative mistake. Initially they processed me NPQ instead of Unfit. I got the corrected findings today! I fully accepted. I sent my EOO to the PEBLO. I put Jan 29th EAS. He said they don't always put what you request but I did that as to fully utilize my PTAD and terminal. I'm just awaiting MMSR to run my EAS and indexes and I'm on my way! This wouldn't have happened without my lawyer. I can't speak highly enough about them.

Last edited:
Hans, congrats! I know it has been a helluva ride for you.

Congrats Hans! So you put in a request for your EAS? Have you ever heard of requesting that directly from MMSR4 if they don't accept your original request of 29 Jan?

Congrats Hans! So you put in a request for your EAS? Have you ever heard of requesting that directly from MMSR4 if they don't accept your original request of 29 Jan?

Thanks Cobra!! Well they are the ones making that determination, ultimately. The reason I pushed mine back was with the holidays and lack of personnel being around, I figured that would be the best bet. My PEBLO said they are usually good about meeting reauests but again they could change it. I told him I'm ready to leave whenever but it would be nice to use my PTAD and terminal leave.
The PEBLO sends it to them so if I don't see anything in a couple weeks I'll reach out to some folks.

Ok everyone BIG Update. MMSR-4 updated my EAS/ECC to 30 Jan 2017! I've been scrambling to get everything knocked out that I need to, as I've had most of the requirements to check out done months ago.

I'll still be around here but the next few days are going to be very busy!

I go on PTAD 22 Nov and Terminal Lv 12 Dec.

I feel like I'm so close but so far. Everyone's getting their stuff!!

This past month has been a lot to stimulate my mind haha but dayum, wish it would come already

I feel like I'm so close but so far. Everyone's getting their stuff!!

This past month has been a lot to stimulate my mind haha but dayum, wish it would come already

Hang in there! I would have been out months ago had the board not messed up my paperwork Initially.

It's been a long and arduous journey but I can say it's coming to a close. I'll still be here too for anyone with questions or any other concerns, I'm happy to help.

Ok everyone BIG Update. MMSR-4 updated my EAS/ECC to 30 Jan 2017! I've been scrambling to get everything knocked out that I need to, as I've had most of the requirements to check out done months ago.

I'll still be around here but the next few days are going to be very busy!

I go on PTAD 22 Nov and Terminal Lv 12 Dec.

Congrats!! I know it's been a long road. Good luck!