Finding Fit for duty, requesting formal PEB

bohm87

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Help! I was blindsided by "fit for duty" from the informal PEB and plan to request a FPEB.

I was referred for two diagnosis: Fibromyalgia and Degenerative Disc Disease.

The finding comments:

The member has a diagnosis of DDD and Fibro per medical documentation. Based on the evidence contained within the case file, the informal board has determined that despite having the above diagnoses, the member has demonstrated that she is able to perform her duties. Therefore, the board finds that the member is fit to continue naval service and that she is reasonably able to perform the duties of her office, grade, rank, or rating/MOS.

My NMA was damn good. I don't understand what the heck happened.

Any help??

Im sorry to hear about your found fit diagnosis. i was found fit for continued service as well for fibro back in jan. There were a lot of inconsistencies in my board and no way to fight the finding. im getting updated documentation and resubmitting at my 6 month mark. if theres anything i can do to help you please let m eknow.

Bohm87,

There had to have been substantial evidence in either your C&P DBQs, NARSUM or Evals that led the VA to make that conclusion. Do you have copies of all of these documents? If so, I would take a closer look to see where there might have been reason to believe that, even with your condition, you were fine to stay fit for full duty in the Navy. Good luck!

That's because Fibro has a serious credibility problem with more than 60% doctors not agreeing that it even exists. Also, functional limitations need to be documented in your records as well.

Bohm87,

There had to have been substantial evidence in either your C&P DBQs, NARSUM or Evals that led the VA to make that conclusion. Do you have copies of all of these documents? If so, I would take a closer look to see where there might have been reason to believe that, even with your condition, you were fine to stay fit for full duty in the Navy. Good luck!

The VA does not make the fit unfit determination.

Oh thanks, didn't even notice I said that. Either way, the people responsible for making the decision obviously had their reasons.

This type of decision is why Military Service Organizations ought to elevate the PEB process as item of interest. I'm sorry the USN has given you such a dishonorable decision.

The fact that I went from almost getting administratively separated by my then command to PDRL was a tough experience for me. Thanks to my PCM who was kind enough to advice me on the resources that I need to help fight my case. I don't want to bad mouth the usn PEB process but hey its the navy and the navy always do things differently.

Bohm87,

a statement of, "...I am able to tolerate my day..." pull out of context of my mental health record.

That's because Fibro has a serious credibility problem with more than 60% doctors not agreeing that it even exists. Also, functional limitations need to be documented in your records as well.

I sometimes agree with the credibility of Fibro...it is completely subjective.