Findings are back.

Hey Grizz,

I am at JBLM as well. How long did you wait until you signed your 199 after your packet made it to the peb? Mine had made it to the PEB 20 Jun, my ebenefits changed to pending decision approval on 8 aug.
It took the PEB 14 days for review and writing the 199, I was a special case. There are others right now waiting closer to 30+ days, think there is someone on the site thats higher than that right now...

Good luck Keifer. Maybe now that you inquired...things will be moving along quicker for you. I had a similar issue myself with Rhode Island. After making an IRIS inquiry and complaining....magically things started to move along again and now it seems quite quickly.

I hear everyone talk about this IRIS inquiry. What is that and where do you submit that? I looked on Ebenefits and I couldnt find any info. RI is supposed to contact me in the next 10 days and we will see what they say. I am so happy that I have this site to vent and learn at the same time. Good luck everyone.

Keifer, to do an IRIS inquiry you would go to the VA.GOV website. At the top right, you will see a link for "contact us". Click on and chose the option "ask a question". You are given several options of places as to where you would like to direct your question. COMP & PEN being one of those options. You just type in your issue and wait for them to contact you back. It takes them about a week. I have always selected to receive a "call back" as the way I would like them to respond to my question. This way I have a person call me who actually took time to research my questions...and it allows me the opportunity to ask additional questions. I noticed the people calling are people a bit more experienced with the system too...which helps. I don't get the usual scripted answers like I do trying to call the 1-800 #. Let me know if this helps. :)

I accepted and signed my Official PEB findings on 20 July 2012. According to the PEB you get 60 days from when you sign your official findings. Well orders take at least 30-40 days to process so why they give you 60 days is just freaking stupid. I was supposed to separate 21 Sep but I hadn't received my orders yet by 03 Sep. The fact that we are expected to transition (HHG, ship POV, etc.) in less than 20 days after receiving orders is just UNSAT. My XO got involved and my command fought for more time on my behalf so I can actually use my PTDY and get all my stuff shipped in a timely manner. I also wasn't able to get cleared for separation medically until two days ago. 60 days is extremely unrealistic!!! The guidance I received from PERS was that the 60 days does not start until your orders are cut. So based off of this I was able to get an ORDMOD to extend my sep date to the end of OCT. If you need/want more time in order to transition (especially OCONUS members) then get your command involved and contact PERS-83 they may put up a fuss over it but we are entitled to 60 days when orders are cut NOT when you sign Official PEB findings. Your PEBLO may and will tell you different but i am going with PERS on this one... they cut orders not the PEB.

I hear everyone talk about this IRIS inquiry. What is that and where do you submit that? I looked on Ebenefits and I couldnt find any info. RI is supposed to contact me in the next 10 days and we will see what they say. I am so happy that I have this site to vent and learn at the same time. Good luck everyone.

https://iris.custhelp.com/

Click on the "ask a question" section.

Usafaviator thank you so much for the link. I went on there and submitted my question. I hope that actually respond and I find out what is really going on with my case. God bless and good luck. Navy Bud.

No problem at all Navy Bud. I've used it about 4 times so far, and I plan to use it a bit more now that the PEB sent my package to the VA for ratings. They usually take 4-5 days or so to answer back when you ask a question.

Hopefully you have better luck than I expect. I see my results on Monday as well 1230 to be precise. Unfortunately I am not expecting anything good. The chief of course wouldn't tell me much over the phone when I made the appointment but he did say, "we may have to fight this one". The only good thing is I already had an appointment with JAG that afternoon

Good luck etrauschs hope you hear what you want, and if not I take your time and get all your ducks in a row so you can have plenty ammo for the rebuttal.

Hey Jessica. :) How did things go today? Where you happy with the outcome?

Happy to hear the good news for you guys. I checked Ebenefits a week ago, and it said evidence overdue. I had completed all my C&P exams and something didnt sound right. So the VA called my back today and the rep informed me that they should have had my ratings done already. So, he looked in the system and it stated that they received my case end of April and it had been sitting on someones' desk since end of June. So WTH, that means for 2 and a Half months nothing was done with my case. I am stationed in New Orleans but my case was forwarded to the Providence RI office for the Ratings. Some members on here have nice things to say about that office, but I dont know what to think. The Rep informed me that because I am Active and an OEF vet that my case is suppose to be faster, I dont know what to believe anymore. This whole process is driving me so crazy and my family is ready for me to go home. Good luck to everyone and God Bless! Navy Bud!
Keep with it, they now have the fire under their asses to get moving!

Hey Grizz13,

I got the phone call today, I am signing my 199 tomorrow. Thanks for all your help and of course to all those who posted something.

Here is my timeline to help anybody out.

JBLM
P3 in Dec 2011
MEB doc and QTCs in Feb 2012
NARSUM signed 19 Jun 2012
PEB as of 20 Jun 12
VA ratings back from VA to PEB 5 Sept 12
199 signed 14 Sept 12
Hoping to have my ETS on 16 Nov

Grizz, Got your list from your post #200. I have all that together. My peblo that 16th or the 23rd of Nov is realistic and my CO has no problem with it. Peblo told me that I will probably hit the transpoc list in a couple of weeks (end of Sept). I am taking leave now just to burn up the 15 days I have and then 20 days PTDY. I just don't want to push the ETS into Dec. That is the silly season and not much gets done. And the weather here is so crappy around Dec and I really do not want to get snowed in :-(

Ok awsome, hope things go well for you in the future!:D

Thank you for all the information you have posted here. This forum has been not only a source of information but also a sanctuary for my better piece of mind. I have past all this info on to my soldiers that are in the IDES. I hope this helps them as well.