Findings are back.

Jessica D.

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So, I just got a call from the chief's who do our PEB's. My findings are back, and I go to sign them on Monday. This is going to be a very long weekend, I'm sure.
To sum up my timeline-
May 2012-board initiated.
July 2012-package sent to PEB
August 2012-Found Unfit
September 6th 2012-Findings are back. Will sign on the 10th.

Can someone give me a run-down of what is going to happen from this point? I know I'm getting out, so how much longer can I expect to be in the Navy?

Jessica, I just received my paperwork from my PEBLO for my findings. Are these findings the "prelim ones" or actual board results. If they are the actual board results why isn't he releasing info to you?

My PEBLO indicated to me (she's a civilian in Providence) that it is usually 60 days give or take a few days. So if you have leave.....use it. I just got off of 12 days of leave but still have 51. If you are getting retired like I am you are authorized job hunting/househunting. My command wants me to take those first then sell back the rest. She also said that typically the Navy retires people on the first of the month. So for me she said Nov 1st should be the day I go....not sure if you are medically retired but that is just my timeline hope this helps!

Jessica, I just received my paperwork from my PEBLO for my findings. Are these findings the "prelim ones" or actual board results. If they are the actual board results why isn't he releasing info to you?

My PEBLO indicated to me (she's a civilian in Providence) that it is usually 60 days give or take a few days. So if you have leave.....use it. I just got off of 12 days of leave but still have 51. If you are getting retired like I am you are authorized job hunting/househunting. My command wants me to take those first then sell back the rest. She also said that typically the Navy retires people on the first of the month. So for me she said Nov 1st should be the day I go....not sure if you are medically retired but that is just my timeline hope this helps!
Hey there. I think these are the for real ones. PEBLO said that "your findings are back from the PEB". The VA claims my preliminary findings have been in the mail for a couple weeks now.
I'm not sure if I'm being retired, but I think I am, from what the VA has told me over the phone.
So, do you have to take your leave before your 60 day mark?

Jessica I'd give you about 120-135 days left, including your leave time...

I got my results back on 27 August, and I final out tomorrow 7 September to go on Terminal Leave. My told MEB took over a year though, so I'm told my turnaround for orders is unusual.

I got my results back on 27 August, and I final out tomorrow 7 September to go on Terminal Leave. My told MEB took over a year though, so I'm told my turnaround for orders is unusual.
Not if you follow my above stated post!

grizz I know that you stated your timeline....when my PEBLO talked to me. She said "well you are Navy, you are different, they want you out within 60 days....typically on the first of the month" not sure how accurate that is considering I just heard it this month.....I guess I'll know in 60 days lol

grizz I know that you stated your timeline....when my PEBLO talked to me. She said "well you are Navy, you are different, they want you out within 60 days....typically on the first of the month" not sure how accurate that is considering I just heard it this month.....I guess I'll know in 60 days lol
I guess I'll hear something more when I go to sign my stuff on Monday. The results of that encounter will for sure be going up here somewhere.
Jennifer,
Where are you stationed?

I'm an Officer Recruiter Stationed in Maine. The nearest PEBLO Office is Providence RI.
My command has been great with this whole thing, they were the ones who actually made me do the PEB I was just going to get out and attempt to get into the VA system. Now I was awarded 80% VA/40% DOD and my DOD paperwork indicates combat related so I am going to attempt to obtain CRSC. I feel so blessed my CO was so intrusive!

Jessica,

Did you go through Portsmouth Naval Hospital??

Wow, no way! There is a high risk of you being overpaid by DFAS if you get out early in the month. Plus you wouldn't get the double dip pay that the VA recommends you get by seperating between the 23rd through the 27th...

I'm an Officer Recruiter Stationed in Maine. The nearest PEBLO Office is Providence RI.
My command has been great with this whole thing, they were the ones who actually made me do the PEB I was just going to get out and attempt to get into the VA system. Now I was awarded 80% VA/40% DOD and my DOD paperwork indicates combat related so I am going to attempt to obtain CRSC. I feel so blessed my CO was so intrusive!
I'm sorry. I'm sure I read that somewhere else before. Lol. My bad.
Congrats on your ratings though :)

What would I do without this site???
I'm with you there. Without this site, I think I might have gotten screwed over in this process. The people helping me along the way have not been the most forthcoming with information about the process, I've learned just about everything I know about the PEB process from this site!

Wow, no way! There is a high risk of you being overpaid by DFAS if you get out early in the month. Plus you wouldn't get the double dip pay that the VA recommends you get by seperating between the 23rd through the 27th...

What double dip pay? I final out on the 28th of this month. Thats for good. No leave.

It's basically you get paid one month earlier from the VA and they pay you for the whole month too...
I.e. I get out on 24 Oct, if I had chosen to get out on say... 1 November; my VA pay wouldn't kick in until 1 Feb which would include a back pay of Dec and Jan.
Now the explenation of double dip: I'm out 24 Oct, VA pay will kick in 1 Dec, I will be back paid for Oct and Nov. Even though I still had AD pay until 24 Oct, the VA will pay for the whole month of Oct.

Hey Grizz,

I am at JBLM as well. How long did you wait until you signed your 199 after your packet made it to the peb? Mine had made it to the PEB 20 Jun, my ebenefits changed to pending decision approval on 8 aug.

Happy to hear the good news for you guys. I checked Ebenefits a week ago, and it said evidence overdue. I had completed all my C&P exams and something didnt sound right. So the VA called my back today and the rep informed me that they should have had my ratings done already. So, he looked in the system and it stated that they received my case end of April and it had been sitting on someones' desk since end of June. So WTH, that means for 2 and a Half months nothing was done with my case. I am stationed in New Orleans but my case was forwarded to the Providence RI office for the Ratings. Some members on here have nice things to say about that office, but I dont know what to think. The Rep informed me that because I am Active and an OEF vet that my case is suppose to be faster, I dont know what to believe anymore. This whole process is driving me so crazy and my family is ready for me to go home. Good luck to everyone and God Bless! Navy Bud!