Fired!

angellove180

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am a 100% permanent and total disabled veteran and was working full time. I got fired last week for breaking a company policy rule. I was wrong and made a huge mistake. The firing was caused for and I was also still under the probationary period. Lately I have been struggling real bad with major depression and PTSD. Are there any resources I can use to help out after being fired? I also have two little children. Can I apply for VocRehab after being fired?

Ok so you’ve admitted it was your fault plus you were on a probationar status leaving your employer’s full grounds for termination. My advice is to go thru the VA being you’re 100% the benefits are limitless VA.gov Home | Veterans Affairs explore the ebenefits site you should have been registered on there and your entire family should be in the system. VocRehab is a great program take advantage and please get some counseling, work on you first than VocRehab. Be strong for those two little ones they need you, my preyers are with you

I suggest you contact the nearest VET Center. They provide community based counseling. Some Centers sent counselors out from their office to remote offices, so don't let the location of the office scare you away if it is a long way off from you.

Your choice to admit your responsibility is admirable.