For the Combat Soldier, A Day's Worth of Chow

Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
The U.S. military's standard field ration, the MRE (meal ready to eat), has a new, compact and lightweight sidekick that the Department of Defense hopes will be more appealing to soldiers in combat zones. Developed by the U.S. Army Soldier Systems Center in Natick, Mass., and ready for delivery next month, the First Strike Rations (FSRs) were introduced at a recent Pentagon media event.

More...

Thought this good place to follow-up on a question: what were results of the study done in CNN News article "U.S. Army wants you to eat MREs for 21 days straight"
https://www.cnn.com/profiles/emanuella-grinberg
By Emanuella Grinberg, CNN

All I could find in relation to the above was another article- "Civilian Destroyed After Eating MREs For 21 Days" by Sarah Sicard June 29, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Does anyone else know what was determined "scientifically" and approved, by the "21-Day MRE Test".....?????

(still issues this web-site...)

I have gone far longer than 21 days eating MREs; however I never committed to two a day. There is way to much sodium in MREs.

I have gone far longer than 21 days eating MREs; however I never committed to two a day. There is way to much sodium in MREs.

Roger ChaplainCharlie- just one many issues apparently they are finding out, in addition to fact, anyway used to be getting ready regular FTX was somewhat pain as PLT SGT's and 1SG's had go around and take a list of names whom had to pay out of pocket for the filed rations- vs those not eat field rations...(kind of like very old days US history of one having buy/rent one's tools, uniforms, everyday supplies, food and house-apartment from the Company Store out of one's own same Company paycheck!) creating more admin as well as forcing units to develop "Poggie Bait" SOP's to help keep soldier's loads down........among numerous other supply/logistic-admin-morale- issues with advent of various things among some them "multi-cultural-ethnic" rations as well......

Anyway LOL...... made me laugh and remember what a long term diet of MRE's actually did......when returning field/deployment.... kind of like experienced article Post #2.....

Last edited: