Formal Board for PTSD and Mental Health Conditions

angellove180

Registered Member
I have a formal board at the end of this month and I am FREAKING out about it. My formal board is for PTSD and other mental health conditions. I was found FIT by the IPEB and fighting for a an UNFIT finding. What kind of questions can I expect to get asked? Is it really as bad as I am thinking it is going to be? Thank you in advance.

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You can not control the questions that you are asked. Do you have counsel? If so, counsel will prep you. Be honest with your counsel and listen to counsel's advice. This process happens frequently. The people on the FEB are professionals and you should expect them to act professionally.

angellove180

Registered Member
You can not control the questions that you are asked. Do you have counsel? If so, counsel will prep you. Be honest with your counsel and listen to counsel's advice. This process happens frequently. The people on the FEB are professionals and you should expect them to act professionally.
Thank you Sir. Yes, I do have counsel. He gave me a few questions that may be asked but I just wanted to hear from other people what questions they were actually asked.

tony292

PEB Forum Veteran
One thing they’ll do is look at your evaluations and if your performance is high,they’ll ask how you were rated so high with such and such disabilities...

For me this was an easy question. I had been a recruiting company coma set and my company always made its recruiting mission. I told the LTC who asked about my high rated OERs and I told him because I had a great team of recruiting NCOs that always made mission and avoided getting in trouble. He was satisfied with that answer.

angellove180

Registered Member
One thing they’ll do is look at your evaluations and if your performance is high,they’ll ask how you were rated so high with such and such disabilities...

For me this was an easy question. I had been a recruiting company coma set and my company always made its recruiting mission. I told the LTC who asked about my high rated OERs and I told him because I had a great team of recruiting NCOs that always made mission and avoided getting in trouble. He was satisfied with that answer.
Thank you so much. I need to prepare for this question because my evals are pretty good.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">