Formal Board

Has anyone been through a formal board with the Marine Corps or any other service? Any tips on how to prepare or what to expect?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Meet with your attorney and follow your attorney's lead.

Bryan022

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
yeah, i got a letter from my specialty doctor and also my PCM retracting their statement from my NARSUM which was the reason i was found FIT for duty. I also have a letter from a 2 star general helping me with the case.

Bryan022

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
nothing really just when the hearing is and i sent them all of the paperwork.

navysailor88

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
nothing really just when the hearing is and i sent them all of the paperwork.
How far out is your formal board scheduled? I just got my finding back fit for duty and I want to request a formal board but I've been seeing that a lot of people's requests get denied. I haven't been able to meet with my attorney yet so I'm just trying to find out the process for requesting a FPEB and how long does it take to have it.

Bryan022

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
i submitted an appeal to the president of the board, my FIT finding was based on an untrue statement that my PCM had wrote in my NARSUM. I also have a letter from a 2 star General backing me so helped a lot. I would say its all about who you know in the end.

navysailor88

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
i submitted an appeal to the president of the board, my FIT finding was based on an untrue statement that my PCM had wrote in my NARSUM. I also have a letter from a 2 star General backing me so helped a lot. I would say its all about who you know in the end.
Thank you for your help. Hopefully I'm able to get a formal board too. Good luck with your board.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">