Formal Board

Has anyone been through a formal board with the Marine Corps or any other service? Any tips on how to prepare or what to expect?

Meet with your attorney and follow your attorney's lead.

yeah, i got a letter from my specialty doctor and also my PCM retracting their statement from my NARSUM which was the reason i was found FIT for duty. I also have a letter from a 2 star general helping me with the case.

nothing really just when the hearing is and i sent them all of the paperwork.

nothing really just when the hearing is and i sent them all of the paperwork.
How far out is your formal board scheduled? I just got my finding back fit for duty and I want to request a formal board but I've been seeing that a lot of people's requests get denied. I haven't been able to meet with my attorney yet so I'm just trying to find out the process for requesting a FPEB and how long does it take to have it.

i submitted an appeal to the president of the board, my FIT finding was based on an untrue statement that my PCM had wrote in my NARSUM. I also have a letter from a 2 star General backing me so helped a lot. I would say its all about who you know in the end.

i submitted an appeal to the president of the board, my FIT finding was based on an untrue statement that my PCM had wrote in my NARSUM. I also have a letter from a 2 star General backing me so helped a lot. I would say its all about who you know in the end.
Thank you for your help. Hopefully I'm able to get a formal board too. Good luck with your board.