PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
3 July- provider recommends MEB
7July- met my PEBLO
12 July- met with VA claimed 34 things
16 July- the date IDES reports it all started
1 August- first VA appt
17 Aug- final VA appt
22 Aug- additional appt referred during C&P. I was told another referral was needed but ebenefits reports “initial review complete
....... and now I wait!

So my provider put me in for 5 service connected things but made all of them but one P2. The condition I am being MEB For is the only P3. I went to speak with her today about getting those other items changed to P3 so they are service connected. Am I correct and assuming I need this change?

7July- met my PEBLO
1 August- first VA appt
17 Aug- final VA appt
22 Aug- additional appt referred during C&P.
28 Aug-received NARSUM. Legal estimates 20 army and 80 VA
I am considering an appeal but I have 12 years in so the severance package would be nice. I probably won’t appeal until my ratings come back

BLUF - (considering your Army [fort benning] you have to familiarize yourself with AR 40-501 - Ch-3 to see how your conditions do not “Meet Retention Standards”. Medical professionals will look at this in depth in determining your fit/unfit stature.

P.S - Medical Retirement (30% or higher) benefits overwhelmingly outweigh severance overtime. Would truly consider comparing the pros and cons linked to each prior to making a decision. Best of luck to you!

7July- met my PEBLO
1 August- first VA appt
17 Aug- final VA appt
31 Aug- Signed NARSUM
10 Sept- Unift determination Packet forwarded to VA for ratings
14 Sept- Benefits Preparing for decision

My claim has gone historic on ebenefits on 18 September so hoping my Peblo gets in touch with me soon

Just got my memo stating unfit for duty. With all conditions being combat related. So the question is, Peblo stated should have orders in 1-2weeks. Is that with a date to be date retired/discharged based on what %s I get back. Or when benefits would start? still don’t have my ratings back yet. Unofficially my MEB legal council says army 30% and va 100%. Any help would be great. Thx

I am not sure but you should get your ratings before you get your orders which will detail you date of separation based on your 30% which qualifies you for medical retirement. Someone should see how much leave you have prior to this date. I assume...

Ill have 60 days of leave. Plus there’s 20days of ptdy that can get.

Katie786 please post when you get your 199. Mine went historic on 9/20 and I"m waiting on notification.

I met with my Peblo this morning after following up with him and he had my ratings. 10 army, 100 VA.
I am debating appealing the army side because my injury happen during a training event

My unfit was September 10 as well. Really hoping to hear back soon. Still nothing in historical. Hoping (unrealistically) that I'll have my orders before October 5th. Got disappointed when my status changed to preparing for decision from pending decision approval, but I hear that's a good thing.

from My experience.... don’t rely on the status. Once your case is historical is when it’s ready. My unfitting condition case went historical but all of my claims are still pending and I have my 199

Well, despite every case being different, I have a little hop that yours went through already since we have a very similar timeline. Just ready to be done and move on.

7July- met my PEBLO
1 August- first VA appt
17 Aug- final VA appt
31 Aug- Signed NARSUM
10 Sept- Unift determination Packet forwarded to VA for ratings
21 Sept- received rating from PEBLO
24 Sept- Appeal submitted for army rating (injured during a training event but records do not denote this. Will use SIR and AGAR for appeal

from My experience.... don’t rely on the status. Once your case is historical is when it’s ready. My unfitting condition case went historical but all of my claims are still pending and I have my 199

What and where do you mean historical? You talking e-benefits website, the MEB/PEB on ako or somewhere else?...