FORT BLISS WTU

johndelta

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
you have submit some memo's best place to start is asking your PCM or Doctor and go over to the WTU and ask them about a packet that must be filled out and signed by your COC. But if your already in the IDES you can't go over to the WTU, the MEB/PEB process is started.

FLEX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
i was transferred in the late stages of my meb after receiving my unfit memo!!

FLEX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
it's an application takes about 4 weeks for approval or denial

ROCK 1 OVER

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
If you are currently in the MEB process or if you believe you are being considered for the MEB process you should seek advice and counsel from your local Soliders' MEB Counsel. If you are approved for transition into the WTU or WTB at Fort Bliss, Texas you should call (915) 742-3374 or 3874 to schedule an appointment to sit down face to face and discuss your questions and concerns about YOUR MEB with YOUR ATTORNEY. Don't wait!!!!!!!!!!

windh1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
you have submit some memo's best place to start is asking your PCM or Doctor and go over to the WTU and ask them about a packet that must be filled out and signed by your COC. But if your already in the IDES you can't go over to the WTU, the MEB/PEB process is started.
I had my MEB started, and then went to WTU. Call med com and let them know

windh1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Question:

is there a website that soldiers can go to in order to read the most recent alaracts, DoD directives DA pams etc?

I read in AR 40-501 chapter 7-4 (2) that..

"soldiers who have one or more condition(s) that do not meet medical retention standards are refered to MEB/PEB after attaining the Medical Retention Determination Point (MRDP)." This is quoted from an August 2011 version of
Army Reg 40-501.
Is this still in effect or did an allaract or another Rapid Action Revision change it?

How can I find the latest legitimate version/ RAR (Rapid Action Revision)?

dtbusick

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Sorry if this is off topic, but when you get accepted into a wtu why would you need to sit down with a lawyer?

Sascha Roberson

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Sorry if this is off topic, but when you get accepted into a wtu why would you need to sit down with a lawyer?
You need to sit down with them to discuss what direction you want to go as far as your med board goes (i.e. stay in, retire, etc...) This way they have an idea of what you are looking for and how they will proceed in future stages of the process.

windh1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
you need a lawyer because the VA, and the PEBLO will mess you around if they are given the slightest chance. this I promise. In fact, you need a lawyer present with you at every visit and conversation. I know this isnt possible unless you are rich, but it tells you the extent of importance. NOBODY working at the MEB on fort bliss is honest. do not let the VA fill out ANY paperwork for you especially the paper that you fill out about everything that is medically wrong with you.

windh1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Is there anyone here that is already in the Fort Bliss WTU? I Got into the Fort Bliss WTU a little over 2 weeks ago. I have learned what to expect from the leadership at HHC WTU and it isnt much. How about the "line units? I am guessing they are about the same. am I wrong in this? any input would be helpful.

johndelta

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well I and and a friend of mine have a different out look in regards to the WTU
First off we are not in 1AD, we are on old bliss with ADA. A sack full of retards!
But knowing what I know, I would not move to the WTU while not deployed. The WTU
is not set up for those of us with injuries or issues in a Garrison Environment.
But us taking up slots that prevents someone that's down range getting in. Second my unit is so ass backwards, I tell them to go and eat a dead babies fat one! Understand this I have over 18 yrs and I have been found
Unit just waiting on my ratings. I don't give a fuck! I'm not an ADA soldier! So my mind set is more an adult themed!

jvc74b

Registered Member
I am currently in Germany, but have orders to go to the WTU at Ft. Bliss to go through the MEB/PEB process. I have tried contacting anyone at the unit to get a POC for when I get there for initial in-processing. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will not have a car obviously, so should I expect to have to rent one to get from the airport to post? Also, I have heard that initial in-processing takes place as soon as you hit ground, is there any truth to that? Sorry for all the questions, but I have been unable to get any guidance anywhere else... Thanks for any help.

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
To date, this may lend some merit as to why I have not received any feedback as to the status of my WTU application... :(

Best Wishes!

crow

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I do not have any info pertaining directly to the WTU but I was at Bliss for 6yrs and am heading to the WTU myself (most likely waiting on orders now) The airport is about 3 miles from the WTU building. Taxi is an easy option, you may also contact the USO when you get there as they will have shuttles traveling at specific times. good lukck.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">