Fort Bragg Timeline and Terminal Leave/PTDY DA31.

rallond

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello everyone, I just recently signed my 199 and was wondering if anyone had an example of a DA31 with PTDY included on it they could send my way. I would appreciate it very much!

my timeline:
Ortho recommended MEB for labral tear in right hip Feb 20th 2020
P3 submitted same day.
IDES brief March 3rd.
all C&P exams completed March 20-26th
Received NARSUM April 14th, telephonic appointment with legal on the 16th.
PEB completed June 9th
Received 199 on June 11th, telephonic appointment with legal and signed and on the 16th.

JoePlasm

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I did separate DA 31 for pTDY and Leave. Because the new DA 31 tries to auto calculate the days of charged leave based off the calendar days and you can't over ride it. it will always look like you are requesting 20 days extra leave. So if some lazy person or person in a hurry doesn't look below to the chargeable leave section, they'll just deny it. Call me cynical, it's ok.

Separate DA 31 let you make the days clear and check the pTDY box and the Ordinary Leave ox on the appropriate forms and reduces confusion. Make sure leave starts the day after the end day of pTDY since that day is already counted as pTDY.

Also don't forget to calculate the 2.5 days of leave a month earned while on pTDY and leave.

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Also don't forget to calculate the 2.5 days of leave a month earned while on pTDY and leave.

From memory...30 years ago:

1-6 days service= 0.5 days accrual
7-12 days = 1.0 day accrual
13-18 days = 1.5 days accrual
19-24 days = 2.0 days accrual
25-30 days = 2.5 days accrual

Ron

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
From memory...30 years ago:

1-6 days service= 0.5 days accrual
7-12 days = 1.0 day accrual
13-18 days = 1.5 days accrual
19-24 days = 2.0 days accrual
25-30 days = 2.5 days accrual

Ron
Absolutely. This surprised me when I medically retired. I had 20 days of PTDY and almost 90 day of leave, so I earned an extra week +- of leave while of PTDY/terminal leave.

rallond

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
UPDATE
got my final out date of September 20th! knocking out my DA31 right now and submitting it tomorrow also going to try and get my counseling with my commander done so I can submit my packet for my orders Thursday

rallond

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
UPDATE:
Does anybody else have experience with the Fort Bragg Transition Center? have been turned away 2 times while trying to submit my packet and after today was kicked back saying I needed a final and approved DA31 after being told all I needed was a working copy. Was told to come back this Thursday, hopefully they'll take it and I'll be able to get my orders in time to be finished clearing post come time for my leave to start on July 30th

RandolphLovesPizza

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
hey - I have the exact same diagnosis, only in my left hip. Did you have surgery? Or did your orthopedist just send you straight to a med board?

rallond

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
hey - I have the exact same diagnosis, only in my left hip. Did you have surgery? Or did your orthopedist just send you straight to a med board?
I was diagnosed with the FAI in my right hip back in 2017 but after a round of physical therapy and no progress I just stopped making appointments. I began seeking treatment again at the end of 2019 and was just straight up asked by my PCM if I wanted to do the surgery or for him to initiate the MEB process.

rallond

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
UPDATE:
So I started my terminal leave on July 30th just as planned! was able to take 53 days so I'll officially be a veteran on Sep 20th!
It's amazing how little information anyone can give you at that end stage! It all worked out in the end tho. 80% VA and 10% DOD!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">