Timeline at Fort Campbell, KY:

Referral from P/A: 16 January 2020
Referral Received by IDES: 02 February 2020
Completed Filing VA Claims with MSC: 02 March 2020
Complete Medical Exams with IDES/QTC: 13 August 2020
DoD Physician contacts me regarding my packet: 19 August 2020
PEBLO contacts me with NARSUM and signed: 26 August 2020
NARSUM and MEB findings submitted to IPEB: 02 September 2020

VA sent a proposed ratings of 70%, however, that is not set in stone just yet.

Still waiting on the word of unfit and a final decision from the PEB. I was informed by PEBLO that PEB is working fast and that there was a 4 week turnaround. I am about to hit that 4 week point. What are your experiences? I know you need patience in this process, but I am beginning to get really impatient. Especially when I see people get their stuff squared away after only 4-6 months. I have been doing this for almost a year now. What could be taking so long? How much longer do you think it will be?

After I sign off on my ratings, how much longer to get orders cut and start terminal leave? How far out do they push your "No Later Than Date" and will I be able to even take all of my terminal leave?

Thanks guy and thank you for your help.

Congratulations gentlemen,

I'm still waiting on the results of my PEB. My PEBLO had my NARSUM and 3947 written up in 4 days and submitted to PEB in 5. VA proposed ratings were done on the 25th of September and sent out on the 28th of September.

I'm hoping this doesn't take 3 weeks to come back. I'd like to be done with the process and orders in hand by the end of October. Then I can clear, be on terminal leave around Thanksgiving and start my new career and life on January 1st 2021. New year, new career, new life.

This good news from everyone is definitely making it easier to wait on my process.

update for everyone I was contacting on this forum. Today I showed up on the TRANCPOC roster. Appointment with transitions is tomorrow to plan transition leave and PTDY. Hopefully I can get out of here ASAP!
Awesome news man.

I'm still waiting on the IPEB to finish with my stuff. It's been 9 days as of today, so hopefully not much longer.

Got the VA to email me my ratings. 90% VA, unknown on DoD since the PEB isn't done yet.

Been 15 days as of today since it was submitted. Hopefully I'll know something by Friday.

Got the VA to email me my ratings. 90% VA, unknown on DoD since the PEB isn't done yet.

Been 15 days as of today since it was submitted. Hopefully I'll know something by Friday.
How did you get them to email you their proposed ratings?

Disregard my question. I called and politely asked and she sent mine on over as well.

Day 18 as of today and still no word on the PEB. I'm guessing it varies with each case, but the Army average is around 10 days, I've nearly doubled that timeline. Any insight from those who have gone through the process?

Day 18 as of today and still no word on the PEB. I'm guessing it varies with each case, but the Army average is around 10 days, I've nearly doubled that timeline. Any insight from those who have gone through the process?
Im on day 21 waiting as well. Hope to here something soon

Day 21 for me now. Have you heard anything back yet?

This part is worse than waiting on the exams to get processed.

Maybe because it's completely out of my hands at this point, I don't know.

Just hoping everything moves along at some point. I have a job lined up, who are willing to wait, and my mortgage process is almost done now.

Patience is a virtue right?

Day 21 for me now. Have you heard anything back yet?

This part is worse than waiting on the exams to get processed.

Maybe because it's completely out of my hands at this point, I don't know.

Just hoping everything moves along at some point. I have a job lined up, who are willing to wait, and my mortgage process is almost done now.

Patience is a virtue right?
Day 24 for me and... nothing! I do believe this is the worst part.. well other than having to deal with people that get angry when you ask them to just simply do their job. I also have to tell myself multiple times a day that I can’t change anything with this process.
I’m with you on the timeline my house is going to be finished around the beginning of November and closing on the 17th. Hope this doesn’t hold me up! Hang in there and post if you find anything out of you don’t mind.

How were you able to get the ratings.. or tell when they were ready? I’ve called Va a few times and they say the same thing over and over “you’re in ides and no proposed rating has been assigned contact PEBLO or MSC for info”
Day 25 of PeB and no word yet.. this wait is horrific!

How were you able to get the ratings.. or tell when they were ready? I’ve called Va a few times and they say the same thing over and over “you’re in ides and no proposed rating has been assigned contact PEBLO or MSC for info”
Day 25 of PeB and no word yet.. this wait is horrific!
On VA.gov, there were two claims. One initiated by me on 21 July 2020 and another initiated and closed on 25 September 2020. The second claim is from my MSC, who finished all of my paperwork and put in the proposed ratings, and sent a letter. The letter (supposedly addressed to me) went to the PEB and my PEBLO. After 10 business days had passed from the day they sent the letter, I called and said I had not received the claim decision letter that my MSC had developed.

From there, the lady at the VA simply verified my information and sent me the forms through a secure link via email.

That's how I know that I am being proposed at 90%, from that letter.

What's funny is that I know the letter was sent out 25 days ago, I know because I have seen it, yet my PEBLO says there is still nothing at all.

On VA.gov, there were two claims. One initiated by me on 21 July 2020 and another initiated and closed on 25 September 2020. The second claim is from my MSC, who finished all of my paperwork and put in the proposed ratings, and sent a letter. The letter (supposedly addressed to me) went to the PEB and my PEBLO. After 10 business days had passed from the day they sent the letter, I called and said I had not received the claim decision letter that my MSC had developed.

From there, the lady at the VA simply verified my information and sent me the forms through a secure link via email.

That's how I know that I am being proposed at 90%, from that letter.

What's funny is that I know the letter was sent out 25 days ago, I know because I have seen it, yet my PEBLO says there is still nothing at all.
Thanks for the info! I haven’t had any movement on va.gov the original claim from 3 April is still open. There have been 9 different requests opened and closed under files on that claim. But I haven’t seen any other movement. Any word on the streets as to how long they’re taking at PEB.. mine says army average of 9ish days... starting to sweat over here!

Thanks for the info! I haven’t had any movement on va.gov the original claim from 3 April is still open. There have been 9 different requests opened and closed under files on that claim. But I haven’t seen any other movement. Any word on the streets as to how long they’re taking at PEB.. mine says army average of 9ish days... starting to sweat over here!
I wouldn't put too much stock into the 9 days thing. Again, mine is at 22 days as of today at the PEB and I can't get an answer from my PEBLO's at all about it.

Good Afternoon SFC Mallicoat,

It's no bother. I checked and the PEB has not yet noted an Unfit decision.
To help move cases faster, the VA has started rating the cases with complete
and sufficient exams. Yours was one. I will continue to monitor for updates.

I received this update today from my PEBLO. What is strange to me is that the CMS system specifically says that the numbers are the average for an Army Soldier going through that particular phase over the last 90 days. If the average is 9 days, and I'm on day 23, that says to me that some people are done within a day or two.

Good Afternoon SFC Mallicoat,

It's no bother. I checked and the PEB has not yet noted an Unfit decision.
To help move cases faster, the VA has started rating the cases with complete
and sufficient exams. Yours was one. I will continue to monitor for updates.

I received this update today from my PEBLO. What is strange to me is that the CMS system specifically says that the numbers are the average for an Army Soldier going through that particular phase over the last 90 days. If the average is 9 days, and I'm on day 23, that says to me that some people are done within a day or two.
Day 28 and nothing yet.. how do you check if PEB has made decision yet? Thanks for the help!

Day 28 and nothing yet.. how do you check if PEB has made decision yet? Thanks for the help!
I don't think you can check, other than asking your PEBLO. I've been rather persistent in my pursuit for quantifiable answers, to no avail. I'm unsure of any process, or request that would fulfill my need for information at this point. I will be simply waiting for an answer at this point.