Fort Campbell WTU weird request

aviva64

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The Fort Campbell WTU is suddenly telling its soldiers that they must all bring in all their enlistment documents, awards and promotion orders as well as dependent birth certificates asap. They say it is an Army wide "audit" (for what I dont' know) and that if the documents aren't produced asap for uploading to a "new" computer system that the soldiers could potentially not be paid!! I am like WTF is this??? Everything they ask for is already IN the Army OPF online. I am not understanding this and it sounds mighty fishy to me...anyone have any insight on what this is? thanks.

Combat Eng

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Did you hear directly from your 1sgt or CO, or did you hear about it through the Barracks News

aviva64

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It was put out by 1st SGT in formation and then the squad leaders started asking for the stuff..

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
This is not an unreasonable request and should be complied with. The request could be two fold. The first to make sure that you have received all of the awards that you are entitled to (such as good conduct medal). The second is to ensure that you are correctly coded with the VA as having dependents for proper pay.

The Army OPF online may or may not be accurate, you might as well comply.

aviva64

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Its not a med board thing. I was told that the GAO(General Accounting Office) is doing a DOD wide audit of all civilian and military personnel. Seems like quite an undertaking if you ask me. We have no issues with doing it..it just seems very bizarre.

gimartin

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
https://g1arng.army.pentagon.mil/pages/DisplayAnnouncement.aspx?AnnouncementID=416

My guess is that some vague guidance came down and some G1 somewhere is overreacting and having you do this stuff. From what I read, and I tend to follow the GAO reports for some reason, the issue is with DFAS and how Soldier's financial records are maintained. After reading their report, it seems there are a lot of issues with this. Of course, for those of us who get over or underpayed and have had no-pay dues on our LES definitely do not need a GAO report to tell us that DFAS sucks. Just my thoughts.

aviva64

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thank you for that link..it explains alot. And..you are absolutely right about DFAS, lol....

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">