Fort Gordon 2018 Timeline

Yeah, so had a similiar issue. I couldn't get in touch with anyone that would give me a decent answer about what was going on, so I called the hotline number on the OMBUDSMAN's answering machine and they got it sorted. I'm back to preparing for decision now.
glad you got some answers...I am currently still waiting on my ratings 119 days and counting

Sometimes I think I have it bad, sitting at about 90, and realize there’s people that have it worse! Luckily I was able to negotiate a job offer to start mid August because, well, you know.

I’m hearing about people get word in way less time, sometimes around 45 days. Crazy because just 6 months ago this phase was only last a couple weeks tops!

Sometimes I think I have it bad, sitting at about 90, and realize there’s people that have it worse! Luckily I was able to negotiate a job offer to start mid August because, well, you know.

I’m hearing about people get word in way less time, sometimes around 45 days. Crazy because just 6 months ago this phase was only last a couple weeks tops!
I am currently at 130 days waiting for ratings.

Yeah, I follow your timeline as a worst case scenario. Sorry that the VA hates you. Hope you get an answer tomorrow buddy

Yeah, I follow your timeline as a worst case scenario. Sorry that the VA hates you. Hope you get an answer tomorrow buddy
Lol, it is alright, So far from what I have heard is that they requested more information about my referred injury which is OK with me because my C&P Doctor really kind of boned me on the exam, but it seems as though whoever is at the VA sent a request for verification and further inquiry so I am happy they seem to be doing their job the right way?

Secondly I literally JUST got my memo from the IPEB that was finished on the 29th of January, stating I was unfit, but also giving me my V-Codes, now the question I have is this a blanket noticejust to get VA Ratings because i made an appointment with the Legal team to verify it, and prepare to fight it.

Lol, it is alright, So far from what I have heard is that they requested more information about my referred injury which is OK with me because my C&P Doctor really kind of boned me on the exam, but it seems as though whoever is at the VA sent a request for verification and further inquiry so I am happy they seem to be doing their job the right way?

Secondly I literally JUST got my memo from the IPEB that was finished on the 29th of January, stating I was unfit, but also giving me my V-Codes, now the question I have is this a blanket noticejust to get VA Ratings because i made an appointment with the Legal team to verify it, and prepare to fight it.
Weird that you just got it, my PEBLO sent the Unfit memo to me right away. It is blanket in the sense is that that memo is what officially requests your ratings, but the V Codes are important. From what I gathered in the vast library of this forum, is that V1 is for injuries sustained in combat, and V3 is injuries combat related (airborne jumps, training accidents, etc). Can’t remember what V4 was

Weird that you just got it, my PEBLO sent the Unfit memo to me right away. It is blanket in the sense is that that memo is what officially requests your ratings, but the V Codes are important. From what I gathered in the vast library of this forum, is that V1 is for injuries sustained in combat, and V3 is injuries combat related (airborne jumps, training accidents, etc). Can’t remember what V4 was
I am aware of the V codes, what I was stating was that they were submitted to the VA as all No and I know that my attorney and I discussed at length and he is the one who even told me I qualified for a few of them, So I was going to get clarity from him and prepare ourselves if it come to it.

I am aware of the V codes, what I was stating was that they were submitted to the VA as all No and I know that my attorney and I discussed at length and he is the one who even told me I qualified for a few of them, So I was going to get clarity from him and prepare ourselves if it come to it.
v1. The disability disposition is based on disease or injury incurred in the line of duty in combat with an enemy of the United States and as a direct result of armed conflict or caused by an instrumentality of war and incurred in the line of duty during a period of war (5 USC 8332, 3502, and 6303). (This determination is made for all compensable cases but pertains to‘potential benefits for disability retirees employed under Federa! Civil Service.)

v2. Evidence of record reflects the Soldier was a member or obligated to become a member of an armed force or Reserve thereof, or the NOAA or the USPHS on 24 September 1975.

v3. The disability did result from a combat—related injury under the provisions of 26 USC 104 or 10 USC 10216.

v4. The disability severance pay was awarded for disability incurred in a combat zone or incurred while performing combat—related operations as designated by the Secretary of Defense (10 USC 1212).

WHAT DO THE "V" CODES ON THE DA FORM 199 MEAN WHEN A SOLDIER IS MEDICALLY RETIRED?
V1 - Yes
V3 - Yes

Combat-related disability incurred as a direct result of armed conflict or caused by an instrumentality of war.
Federal employment benefits.
Retired pay not taxed.

V1 - No
V3 - Yes

Combat-related disability incurred while engaged in extra-hazardous service, or under conditions simulating war.
No Federal employment benefits.
Retired pay not taxed.

WHAT DO THE "V" CODES ON THE DA FORM 199 MEAN WHEN A SOLDIER IS MEDICALLY SEPARATED?
V1 - Yes
V3 - Yes
V4 - Yes

Combat-related disability incurred as a direct result of armed conflict or caused by an instrumentality of war.
Federal employment benefits.
Severance pay not taxed.
Severance pay not recouped by VA.

V1 - No
V3 - Yes
V4 - Yes

Combat-related disability incurred while engaged in extra-hazardous service, or under conditions simulating war.
Severance pay not taxed.

V1 - No
V3 - No
V4 - Yes

Disability incurred in a combat zone, but not combat-related.
Severance pay taxed initially.

hm.png

Update as of 6/11/2019

TIMELINE:
10/26/2018 - P3 Provisional issued - referred to MEB (1st Signature)
10/26/2018 - Contacted and informed that my Medical Records were being requested by the MEB
11/5/2018 - Contacted OMBUDSMAN requested update on process
11/7/2018 - OMBUDSMAN returned call, contacted IDES.
11/9/2018 - initial counseling PEBLO assignment
11/9/2018 - MSC counseling (VA)
11/13/2018 - CoC letter counseling
11/20/2018 - P3 profile validated (both signatures)
12/19/2018 - C&P Complete
1/29/2018 - MEB complete (Unfit for Multilevel Degenerative Disc Disease of Lumbar Spine)
1/29/2019 - NARSUM signed
6/6/2019 - Received unfit memo dated 1/29/2019 from IPEB...
6/12/2019 - Ebenefits changes from Gathering of Evidence to Preparation for Decision

Hopefully for you that is an actual change rather than toying with your emotions.

Hopefully for you that is an actual change rather than toying with your emotions.
Yea I think that it is this time, I did speak to someone on the phone a while ago stating they sent it back to QTC for verification. We shall see! Either way I think that my initial fight has only begun. 13 years later that’s one thing you cannot forget, they taught you how to fight for what’s supposed to be right, so don’t let them do you wrong either!

Good luck!
thanks much, I unfortunately believe I will be requesting a Formal Board once the ratings come, I probably won't disagree with my ratings, I will however be disagreeing with the V coding on it.

I agree, that’s one of the most important facets of this process.

Well, I called in to check on my process and it looks like the same thing happened to me, they found an issue and wanted more information on it. They made the request in March, right after I was submitted for ratings, but nothing moved since.

On the bright side, it’s better to get it right now rather than later

TIMELINE:
10/26/2018 - P3 Provisional issued - referred to MEB (1st Signature)
10/26/2018 - Contacted and informed that my Medical Records were being requested by the MEB
11/5/2018 - Contacted OMBUDSMAN requested update on process
11/7/2018 - OMBUDSMAN returned call, contacted IDES.
11/9/2018 - initial counseling PEBLO assignment
11/9/2018 - MSC counseling (VA)
11/13/2018 - CoC letter counseling
11/20/2018 - P3 profile validated (both signatures)
12/19/2018 - C&P Complete
1/29/2018 - MEB complete (Unfit for Multilevel Degenerative Disc Disease of Lumbar Spine)
1/29/2019 - NARSUM signed
6/6/2019 - Received unfit memo dated 1/29/2019 from IPEB...
6/12/2019 - Ebenefits changes from Gathering of Evidence to Preparation for Decision
It's about time!!!!
Hopefully you hear something soon!