Playing catch-up

Referral 03/19/2020

VA Claims 03/19/2020

Medical Exam 04/09/2020

Medical Evaluation Board 05/05/2020

Informal PEB 05/09/2020

VA Rating 05/22/2020

PEB Findings TBD 84 days and counting.

Currently stuck at the PEB waiting on the DA199. Apparently one of the referred conditions was deferred by the VA. Well, the PEB needed it so they sent it back to the VA for clarification. VA made the clarification but wouldn't release the revised ratings "pending a DD214". Well, I won't get a DD214 until the PEB puts me out. PEB won't put me out till the VA releases ratings, and around and around we go.

VA revised the ratings on 28 July 2020 and with a little prodding and poking by someone VA released the revised ratings to the PEB on 10 August 2020 so I "think" everyone has what they need to get this ball rolling again.

Currently waiting on the DA199..............................

A follow up with the PEBLO yielded zero results other than her telling me it "normally" takes one to four weeks to receive it from the PEB once they have everything they need. One and a half weeks has passed, so any day now?

Signed DA 199 and submitted on Monday. Today, got notified on TRANSPROC with a NLT of 23 November. I have requested and extension as I have over 70 days of leave and with the impending storm getting ready to hammer Fort Polk I would not be able to visit the transition center until after the storm passes and hope no significant damage has occurred.

One day from signing 199 and hitting TRANSPROC, wow, was the quickest step in the whole process.

Good luck fellow warriors waiting on the process to play out.......

I received my unfit memo AUG 17 and I'm still waiting on my ratings(DA 199) from the VA. I unofficially got them from my liasion at BJACH but its still the waiting game for me. Glad to hear the step after is rather quick however! Be safe in this storm coming to post.

Was your PEBLO initials CZ? If so, she just got put on 14 day quarantine because a family member tested positive for the virus.

Congrats on your decision from the IPEB. Best wishes in the next chapter of life.

Was your PEBLO initials CZ? If so, she just got put on 14 day quarantine because a family member tested positive for the virus.
No mine is TR. I tried calling for an update but all the civilians left post before the hurricane hit.

I received my unfit memo AUG 17 and I'm still waiting on my ratings(DA 199) from the VA. I unofficially got them from my liasion at BJACH but its still the waiting game for me. Glad to hear the step after is rather quick however! Be safe in this storm coming to post.
How long after signing your narsum and submitting it did you receive your unfit?

How long after signing your narsum and submitting it did you receive your unfit?
Signed Narsum on the 12th, received my unfit memo on the 17th.
OP got lucky, my 199 was signed and sent off on SEP 10th :( Still waiting to hit HRC's list and get my orders cut from Transpoc.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have reached the end of the road. Had final out this week and have 214 in hand. It has been a long process but I am confident worth the time and years of sacrifice. Some stats.
32 years total service
23 years active federal service
E1 through E6
WO1 through CW4
50% DoD
100% P&T VA
High 3 CW4
Satisfied with service, satisfied with outcome, and looking forward to catching up on all these overdue services around the house.

Take care fellow Soldiers and Airmen!

What comes first, ratings or IPEB results (fit v unfit)? I believe I see mixed results throughout the forum.

Signed Narsum on the 12th, received my unfit memo on the 17th.
OP got lucky, my 199 was signed and sent off on SEP 10th :( Still waiting to hit HRC's list and get my orders cut from Transpoc.
Have you gotten orders cut yet? I just signed my 199 today and was wondering if I should call sfac to see if they are tracking me and when I would get out/ timeline to get ready to leave. I got 40%DoD 70%VA permanent retirement

Have you gotten orders cut yet? I just signed my 199 today and was wondering if I should call sfac to see if they are tracking me and when I would get out/ timeline to get ready to leave. I got 40%DoD 70%VA permanent retirement
I'm already on terminal leave. My orders were cut Sept 21. I just needed to be a bit patient I guess lol

Narsum 12 SEP
Unfit 17 SEP
Orders/NLT 21 SEP

Was not a long process at all, I cleared in two and a half days and was on terminal leave quickly.

What day did you get your ratings?
My PEBLO had them since Aug 27th but she didn't realize until the VA rep took her step by step in some system. Anyway, I found out the first week of Sept sometime officially but the VA rep had told me unofficially around Sept 2nd.