FOUND FIT FOR DUTY AT TDRL EVAL: Question on qualifying for reenlistment

Marine32

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Hi everybody... it's been a long time since i've posted, hope everybody is doing well.

I was found fit to return to duty on my TDRL eval a few months ago, I returned the letter saying I wanted to return to duty, and now just waiting on instructions from them on what i need to do.

I'm sure it's gonna be a pain in the butt process! I know they can't disqualify you for the disability you were put on tdrl for, but what about other issues you were diagnosed with during your original PEB. For instanse: Category III conditions on your original board. For instance: hypertension, sleep apnea, anxiety/depressionr. I'm pretty sure that during original enlistment they would find these issues disqualified, but what about returning from TDRL... and they weren't found unfitting originally?

You would think if they found any of these items disqualifying then they would have to MEB/PEB you out, not just DQ you after you were originally found fit for them at your IPEB. Does anybody have any knowledge on this issue?

Also, from a legal standpoint for Jason or LtCol parker. One of the Navy docs who did my TDRL reevaluation stated "Reccomend that he be evaluated for return to full duty, and the CVA and PFO not be contra-indications to him returning to duty." But just before he stated "However, he should also be evaluated for any problems with orthropedic issues, as well any problems with mood, before being cleared for duty." I was cleared for the orthopedic issues that put me on TDRL (cervical fusion), but didn't do any type of evaluation for my mental status. I really don't care if they don't give me a problem at MEPS, but for some reason I think they are going to DQ me for mental issues that I was already diagnosed with and found fit for (maybe because I take medication for it). Please let me know if anybody has any knowledge of this issue. Thanks!

Marine32

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
bump... nobody has any knowledge of returning to duty from TDRL? Specificly whether Cat III conditions from your original IPEB will disqualify you from returning?

maparker

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
CAT III shouldn't prevent as they are not unfitting. I assume these conditions were coverd by your MEB/TDRL review. Let me know how this turns out especially if they won't return you to duty and try to separate w/o retirement.

Mike

Marine32

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Thanks Mike! That's what I figured, but since everybody I hear that attemps to return to duty from TDRL states that meps are are finding certain conditions DQing, so I've been a little worried about that. I'll let you know how it turns out.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">