Found Unfit, continue duty?

KEW

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was found unfit for continued duty from PEB, I have a very uneducated unit that does not know how to handle MEB/PEB's, my question is do I still have to pull CQ/fire guard or any other "military duties" since I have been found unfit and am awaiting my DA199 yet. Any input or sources would be helpful.

JMAC8026

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Even though you are awaiting your DA199 you still have to continue with your usual duties. An MEB/PEB does not exempt you from any duties unless your profile restricts you from doing so. An unfit finding simply means that you will be leaving the military but as long as your are in you have to do the usual work and duties until you get your orders and begin clearing. Hope that helps.

Reactions: KEW

Robert Albright

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I was found unfit for continued duty from PEB, I have a very uneducated unit that does not know how to handle MEB/PEB's, my question is do I still have to pull CQ/fire guard or any other "military duties" since I have been found unfit and am awaiting my DA199 yet. Any input or sources would be helpful.
You still have to pull them unless you are limited by your profile; what you have to watch out for is being put in the permanent CQ position. Remember there should be a DA 6 for duties such as CQ.

What I personally have seen, is unit 1SGs say to hell with the DA6, then rotate all 24 hour duties between soldiers who are medboarding. When they tried to make me pull three days of staff duty, day on day off, with multiple herniated and ruptured discs, I wallked into my US Senator's Office and filed a complaint.

They backed off for a while; but I still fight this battle roughly every 90 days; guess thats when my company gets tasked with Staff Duty. What I finally told them was "Okay, I'll pull it; but I'm through sucking up the pain. At the end of four hours, I will most likely go to the ER. Whom should I call when that happens?"

They backed off again.

KEW

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Robert, my command isn't that crappy, they try to have me pull 4hr shifts which even 1hr in I'm in ruff shape even with my pain medications. I was found unfit for DDD and also have moderate TBI, neuropathy (bilateral), and moderate depression/anxiety with insomnia. I hope the best for you and your situation .

Sascha Roberson

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just make sure your unit is not going against what your profile states. Here at FT Carson, once individuals get clearing papers they are no longer required to pull duty.

Robert Albright

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Robert, my command isn't that crappy, they try to have me pull 4hr shifts which even 1hr in I'm in ruff shape even with my pain medications. I was found unfit for DDD and also have moderate TBI, neuropathy (bilateral), and moderate depression/anxiety with insomnia. I hope the best for you and your situation .
They haven't screwed with me lately; and honestly for the most part they leave me alone. When I spoke with the doctor at my independant review, he said "based on your permanent profile, no one in their right mind would have you pull staff duty."

That being said, he would not make any changes on my permanent profile. He instead told me that my PCP would have to write a temporary profile to marry up with my permanent profile. When I explained to him that the PCP for my unit refused to write an accurate temporary profile, he told me "in that case go see the ombudsman; she's very good and getting those issues fixed".

I honestly haven't had time to go see her yet. I took some leave, prepped for the FPEB, had surgery, and completed the last two courses for my Masters degree. However, while I'm on con LV I'm wrapping all other issues up. I plan to see my PCP while still on LV. If an accurate temporary profile is not produced; I will go to the ombudsman.

Obviously, my PCP has never heard the old saying that "fighting with an old infantry soldier is like wrestling with a pig. Everyone gets covered in mud; but the pig loves it".

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">