FPEB Delays- Covid-19

Great news!! I was contacted today by the fpeb attorneys. They are attempting to resume fpeb’s in a telephonic format. To do this you have to waive your right to a true in person hearing. Trying to make sure this is best before moving forward one way or the other. Great news for everyone waiting on fpeb’s though!!

Update: I got a call two days ago from a representative in DC about the FPEBs. They are asking people if they would be willing to have a teleconference in place of going to DC to get your cases taken care of. You still have the option to go to DC and do an in-person hearing, but she said that it could be in some people's best interest to go the teleconference route to complete your case. I had a 45 minute conversation with her about my case, so at least things are still moving forward.

Which coast are you on? the PEB office at NMCSD keeps responding with

"all appeals submitted from ending Feb till to date have been deferred/suspended, but if we get any feedbacks then we will be sure to reach out to you". I submitted AUG19, rebuttal JAN20 and check nearly daily.

Some PEBs are moving forward by doing FPEBs telephonically while others are standing by. I wish USAPDA would get off their ass and issue updated guidance to all the PEBs so that we could know what to expect and have some clarity.

"all appeals submitted from ending Feb till to date have been deferred/suspended, but if we get any feedbacks then we will be sure to reach out to you". I submitted AUG19, rebuttal JAN20 and check nearly daily.

i am on the east coast out of nmcp. This new guidance is just now unfolding.

Defiantly seems to be a large difference between branches. I have a friend of my wife's who had his FPEB cancelled and they just changed their findings to what he had requested. Another guy that has the same PEBLO as me did his over video with his PEB lawyer.

The Army seems to be continuing, and just adjusting the method (change results, phone, video) depending on the case to keep them moving.

I am on the East coast. Best of luck!

From my understanding, yes. I was told from MSC/PEBLO on 5/1 the FPEB's are being processed whether you were found fit & are contesting or whether just contesting ratings & should be able to conduct a VTC/T-con due to circumstance

Has anyone actually heard anything about scheduling one of these teleconference fpeb’s? I nor my peblo have heard anything since they emailed asking me about consenting to a teleconference.

The Navy PEB office in DC has totally gone dark. They don’t even answer the phone anymore. I don’t understand how a government office can do that.

I got this news from DC office via my peblo. It’s always nice to hear something...anything.... thought I’d share

“we are only doing six hearings over the course of two days (Thursday and Friday). We have 500+ service members who have asked for a Formal PEB and of those only about 70 have opted for a telephonic hearing.”

Here is my timeline

Referral for MEB: September 4, 2019
Contacted by PEBLO: September 5, 2019
Met with VA to schedule C&P exams: September 11, 2019
First C&P exam: September 23, 2019
NMA Stamped received: OCT 07 2019
Last C&P exam: October 24, 2019
NARSUM (1st signature): November 18, 2019
NARSUM (final signature):November 21, 2019
PEBLO Meeting for review: November 22, 2019
Package with PEB Presiding officer: December 10,2019

23 Dec 2019 Peb office reported its with QA
30 Dec 2019 PEBLO reports package is still with PEB
9Jan 2020 peb office says still in QA
13 Jan 2020 findings back fit
28 Jan 2020 election of options signed requesting formal PEB . Included letters x2 and impact statement