FPEB Question

SadNavyCook

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good Morning,

I have my case (MDD + Generalized Anxiety) go to FPEB after receiving a FIT finding in my IPEB. I guess they came to a decision in 11/7/2019 however I haven't heard anything back. Is it usual that they come to a FIT decision a second time without requesting me in person? I sent in my rebuttal on OCT 23 and expected them to request me to go, but it seems they hadn't. Just not sure if that's typical or not?

Talk to your counsel. He/ she should be able to explain your status. The USN PEB leans heavily toward fit. What was you MH percentage according to the VA?

It was 30% however talking with the VA my overall was somewhere over 90% (Closer to 95-96%)

Last edited:
@SadNavyCook I am USAF, I was rated 50% and found fit. Unless you have violent outburst, suicidal ideation or other harmful boxes checked in your diagnosis, assume it will be found fitting and you will have to prove otherwise.

So they said the board came to a decision and "sent it out" and can't tell me anything until it comes back. I feel like they're speaking in codes. I'm quite confused. My PEBLO said he has no idea what's going on.

So they said the board came to a decision and "sent it out" and can't tell me anything until it comes back. I feel like they're speaking in codes. I'm quite confused. My PEBLO said he has no idea what's going on.
give it a week. I believe it took like 4 days for my PEBLO to get the info.

So after all this hubbub I forgot to update. My FPEB is tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well, I’m that last of 6 on the docket maybe I’ll luck out and they’ll deal my request so they don’t have to stay longer :/

give it a week. I believe it took like 4 days for my PEBLO to get the info.

so I sent off my fpeb request two weeks ago. How long did it take you to hear back that you were being granted a fpeb? Last time I just got a letter saying thanks for your fpeb request but not gonna happen you’re fit.

@SadNavyCook I am USAF, I was rated 50% and found fit. Unless you have violent outburst, suicidal ideation or other harmful boxes checked in your diagnosis, assume it will be found fitting and you will have to prove otherwise.

How do you get a VA rating with a fit finding?? My packet has yet to go to the VA after 3 ipeb’s

So I submitted my board request in October and didn’t know my date until about the second week of January

His VA screening, while they can’t give you final numbers they can estimate/give you an idea of where you sit.

How do you get a VA rating with a fit finding?? My packet has yet to go to the VA after 3 ipeb’s
I was found fit regarding PTSD, found unfit for 5 other conditions

Hello again! So from this it sounds like they told you at the fpeb. Is that correct? I have heard other people wait weeks after to find out how the fpeb ruled.

They decided to stipulate my appeal, found me unfit and placed me on TDRL

Yes, they stipulated my case, which means they had a decision made before I actually had to sit the board. So I knew at my board that I was found unfit.

Thank you for your replies and all the information. Would mind sharing a bit about how the actual board itself went.

Well mine was a bit different. I went to DC, spent a couple hours the day before going over my case with the attorney and figuring out our best strategy. Went home that night, barely slept. Next morning I was the 6th and final member to be boarded... I got there early, cause parking there is AWFUL... and got to the waiting room with like 20 minutes to spare before my board. Attorney came out after a bit and we went over what we were going to focus on one more time. About 5 minutes after my board was supposed to start one of the officers came out and said ‘we’re stipulating tdrl unfit’ at which point my attorney smiled and said ‘congrats you won’. We walked in, I got sworn in and accepted their results, and the board was over in about 4 minutes.

Well mine was a bit different. I went to DC, spent a couple hours the day before going over my case with the attorney and figuring out our best strategy. Went home that night, barely slept. Next morning I was the 6th and final member to be boarded... I got there early, cause parking there is AWFUL... and got to the waiting room with like 20 minutes to spare before my board. Attorney came out after a bit and we went over what we were going to focus on one more time. About 5 minutes after my board was supposed to start one of the officers came out and said ‘we’re stipulating tdrl unfit’ at which point my attorney smiled and said ‘congrats you won’. We walked in, I got sworn in and accepted their results, and the board was over in about 4 minutes.
We’re you in civies or in uniform?