FPEB/VA recon

Kpinco

Registered Member
I'm confused about the results of my Va recon. My 356 states yes for incurred while entitled to basic pay and yes to LOD. However my rating is N/A. The board even wrote the condition is compensable. Anyone seen this before?

I added the 356 I received. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20191028_161829 (1).jpg
    20191028_161829 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 20191028_161822.jpg
    20191028_161822.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
6846 Sarcoidosis:
Cor pulmonale, or; cardiac involvement with congestive heart failure,
or; progressive pulmonary disease with fever, night sweats, and
weight loss despite treatment ........................................................................... 100

Pulmonary involvement requiring systemic high dose (therapeutic)
corticosteroids for control.................................................................................. 60

Pulmonary involvement with persistent symptoms requiring chronic
low dose (maintenance) or intermittent corticosteroids ......................................... 30

Chronic hilar adenopathy or stable lung infiltrates without symptoms
or physiologic impairment.................................................................................... 0

Or rate active disease or residuals as chronic bronchitis (DC 6600) and extra-
pulmonary involvement under specific body system involved

6600 Bronchitis, chronic:

FEV-1 less than 40 percent of predicted value, or; the ratio of
Forced Expiratory Volume in one second to Forced Vital Capacity
(FEV-1/FVC) less than 40 percent, or; Diffusion Capacity of the
Lung for Carbon Monoxide by the Single Breath Method (DLCO
(SB)) less than 40-percent predicted, or; maximum exercise capacity
less than 15 ml/kg/min oxygen consumption (with cardiac or
respiratory limitation), or; cor pulmonale (right heart failure), or;
right ventricular hypertrophy, or; pulmonary hypertension (shown
by Echo or cardiac catheterization), or; episode(s) of acute
respiratory failure, or; requires outpatient oxygen therapy ................................... 100

FEV-1 of 40- to 55-percent predicted, or; FEV-1/FVC of 40 to 55
percent, or; DLCO (SB) of 40- to 55-percent predicted, or;
maximum oxygen consumption of 15 to 20 ml/kg/min (with
cardiorespiratory limit) ...................................................................................... 60

FEV-1 of 56- to 70-percent predicted, or; FEV-1/FVC of 56 to 70
percent, or; DLCO (SB) 56- to 65-percent predicted............................................. 30

FEV-1 of 71- to 80-percent predicted, or; FEV-1/FVC of 71 to 80
percent, or; DLCO (SB) 66- to 80-percent predicted............................................. 10

Thanks for the info. on the sarcoid. I guess my main concern is they rated the aneurysm as N/A. How is that possible when it is ILOD?

I didn't get a chance to finish my reply and then forgot sorry, I was going to ask if you had the FEV exams? They may have used those exams (hypothetically here...) if you had taken them and had normal respiratory and cardiac function and output.... those would warrant a zero if a real disabling diagnosis wasn't confirmed.

I do not have enough info from you to refer to that as the answer, I just posed it as a possibility before getting your answer.

Original VASRD 2

this link has the info referring to 7110 and 6600 codes in a little easier reading format versus the actual VASRD

An aneurism of less than 5cm is not rated unless it effects other organs or is symptomatic...

7110 Aortic aneurysm:
If five centimeters or larger in diameter, or; if symptomatic, or; for
indefinite period from date of hospital admission for surgical
correction (including any type of graft insertion)................................................ 100
Precluding exertion .......................................................................................... 60

I just received an email from my attorney at the OAC. She said the VA rated me 100% DOD and N/A service connected because they didn’t agree with my LOD. She said they cannot do that. If there is an LOD they have to rate it. My aneurysm was 5cm, caused shortness of breath and back pain. I recently had open heart surgery and had a graft inserted to fix my problems. I’m assuming the VA will have no choice but to rate it 100% Thanks for all the advice! I loved serving my country, but I’ve dealing with the IDES for 3 years and really want to move on.