Ft Carson timeline

K1RB

Registered Member
08AUG18 MEB referral by PCM for lower back DDD L4-S1 with pain 7yrs post L4-L5 discectomy L5-S1 Laminectomy.
14AUG18 Met with PEBLO
22-31AUG18 VA C&P exams
08SEP18 MEB Complete below retention standards for referred condition plus L4-5 radiculopathy, Bilatteral C8 radiculopathy, Cervical DDD
18SEP18 Ratings back 70% DoD, 100% VA

Will be submitting an appeal for CRSC as they didn't find anything combat related. Back injury in 2010/2011 was due to airborne operations. Neck injury from deployment - C&P exams had incorrect narrative for circumstances of injury. I believe I might be considered 100% P&T as the VA proposed ratings says something to the effect of, "Member meets basic eligibility for Dependents' Education Assistance."

DOD found:
20% lumbar DDD
20% cervical DDD
20% R. C8 rad
20% L. C8 rad
10% L. L4-5 rad

Even with the appeals it looks like I'll be on Terminal Leave by Thanksgiving. Christmas at the latest. I, nor anyone else to include my PEBLO and lawyer, didn't expect this to go this quickly. I'm planning on packing up my HHG and moving that along with my family by the end of October.

K1RB

Registered Member
Forgot to update this. Don't recall the exact dates of things

Late SEP got IPEB findings and requested Formal PEB, given board date of 01NOV
30OCT FPEB countered with IR granting V1 codes (what I was appealing for)

Now I hold squat and wait for my 199....hopefully soon.

Andy22

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have DDD all throughout my spine, had two discectomies on the L5-S1 and looking at a med board. I thought they only looked at ROM for percentages. Can you walk me on to where to read up on all this?

K1RB

Registered Member
Update again. Got my 199 last week. Retirement orders in hand and starting clearing next week.

As far as my spine ratings they did rate the spine based on ROM. The radiculopathy was rated under neurological IIRC.

Andy22

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Update again. Got my 199 last week. Retirement orders in hand and starting clearing next week.

As far as my spine ratings they did rate the spine based on ROM. The radiculopathy was rated under neurological IIRC.
Holy smokes, that ended up moving pretty quick! Congrats if that’s what you were going for.

I’m on Carson as well. Met with the PCM this week and he told me to wait a week to really think about whether or not to submit the referral to MEB. After talking to the wife exstensively, we’re kind of on board with pushing forward with the med board. Looking at your timeline, it looks like Carson moves pretty quick. Only 4-5 months.

We have similar symptoms and I was unsure how they do the testing.

K1RB

Registered Member
If I had not appealed my 199 for V1/3 codes I would have been at 45 days signing my 199. Would have been on leave before 60 days had elapsed. My case was pretty slam dunk

Andy22

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Wow, that’s crazy fast and a little nerve racking at the same time. I’m still trying to figure out what to do when I grow up...

Was there any reason why yours went so fast or was it just good timing?

Andy22

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks for all the insight brother, hopefully you move on and can enjoy the next chapter!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">