pritikmr

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
To Whom it May Concern,

I am currently E-5 active duty army and going through the MEB process at Ft. Riley. My packet has been submitted to the PEB and I am currently waiting on ratings (week 2) and being told that there is a new system in play, a back up and things on hold for up to 5 to 8 weeks and that the system is constantly down and no one is moving at Ft. Riley. I am wondering if this is accurate or maybe to some better insight or understanding?

Quick run down of my situation:

Feb 2015 - hurt lower back in Air Assault course. Was seen after completion. Temporary profile. Off profile and back to PT, running like normal.

June 2015 - deployed to Kuwait / Jordan.

November 2015 - MEDEVAC'd due to lower back injury during PT. (lame I know, but they didn't have a chiropractor out there and I was completely locked up). MEDEVAC'd from Kuwait to Qatar to Germany and back state side with a complete hefty paper trail. Permanent profile since. Completely separate injury from Feb 2015.

November 2016 - MEB process initiated after no improvement with multiple visits to chiropractor, doctor, injections and temporary profiles limiting duty.

Claimed condition was lower back. Found unfit for lower back. Claimed a few other things on the list but lower back was only thing found unfit condition per the regulation. However once I got the NARSUM back it stated the ONSET of the injury was at Ft. Riley in Feb 2015, which couldn't even be correct because I was at Ft. Hood AA course when it happened. Doctors acknowledged me being deployed and medevac'd from Kuwait in Narsum.

Did the IMR after speaking to IDES lawyers about incorrect location. IMR doctor agreed and in his statement wrote that onset should be Kuwait. After final review back at Ft. Riley IMR was rejected and no change, even with extensive detailed documentation and statements from those down range with me.

My packet has now been submitted to the PEB and waiting on ratings. Just curious what to expect for how long this should take? I am tracking that an unfit memo should also be generated so that I can start clearing? Playing the waiting game and just looking for some insight, guidance or information. Sorry for the long post and if there is anything that I can add in providing info to this please let me know.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration in reading my post!

Injury sustained during AA course may be beneficial, as you can try to get it listed as combat related (simulated war, Air Assault training). Injury taking place in Kuwait (PT) will not really do anything for you unless you get severance.

Do you have a copy of your C&P exam? It would shed some insight onto what the rating percentage of your unfitting condition.

To Whom it May Concern,

I am currently E-5 active duty army and going through the MEB process at Ft. Riley. My packet has been submitted to the PEB and I am currently waiting on ratings (week 2) and being told that there is a new system in play, a back up and things on hold for up to 5 to 8 weeks and that the system is constantly down and no one is moving at Ft. Riley. I am wondering if this is accurate or maybe to some better insight or understanding?

Quick run down of my situation:

Feb 2015 - hurt lower back in Air Assault course. Was seen after completion. Temporary profile. Off profile and back to PT, running like normal.

June 2015 - deployed to Kuwait / Jordan.

November 2015 - MEDEVAC'd due to lower back injury during PT. (lame I know, but they didn't have a chiropractor out there and I was completely locked up). MEDEVAC'd from Kuwait to Qatar to Germany and back state side with a complete hefty paper trail. Permanent profile since. Completely separate injury from Feb 2015.

November 2016 - MEB process initiated after no improvement with multiple visits to chiropractor, doctor, injections and temporary profiles limiting duty.

Claimed condition was lower back. Found unfit for lower back. Claimed a few other things on the list but lower back was only thing found unfit condition per the regulation. However once I got the NARSUM back it stated the ONSET of the injury was at Ft. Riley in Feb 2015, which couldn't even be correct because I was at Ft. Hood AA course when it happened. Doctors acknowledged me being deployed and medevac'd from Kuwait in Narsum.

Did the IMR after speaking to IDES lawyers about incorrect location. IMR doctor agreed and in his statement wrote that onset should be Kuwait. After final review back at Ft. Riley IMR was rejected and no change, even with extensive detailed documentation and statements from those down range with me.

My packet has now been submitted to the PEB and waiting on ratings. Just curious what to expect for how long this should take? I am tracking that an unfit memo should also be generated so that I can start clearing? Playing the waiting game and just looking for some insight, guidance or information. Sorry for the long post and if there is anything that I can add in providing info to this please let me know.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration in reading my post!
My ratings back from the PEB took about 9 weeks. I knew my percentages in about 3 weeks however with the workaround that was taking place it took 9 weeks for the 199.

Injury sustained during AA course may be beneficial, as you can try to get it listed as combat related (simulated war, Air Assault training). Injury taking place in Kuwait (PT) will not really do anything for you unless you get severance.

Do you have a copy of your C&P exam? It would shed some insight onto what the rating percentage of your unfitting condition.

I have a copy of the C&P, but all the medical terms throw me off and not really sure where to start or what to look at in deciphering it. I was told the Kuwait portion would be beneficial for the severance, and from what the IDES lawyer said from reading everything said that I was looking at 20% for the claimed condition and that is why we submitted the IMR. Any info for what I should be looking at exactly on the C&P? Thank you for your time and reply!

My ratings back from the PEB took about 9 weeks. I knew my percentages in about 3 weeks however with the workaround that was taking place it took 9 weeks for the 199.

Thank you for the for the reply! About how long ago did you go through the process? I am glad to have some sort of time frame for reference now I really appreciate it!

Thank you for the for the reply! About how long ago did you go through the process? I am glad to have some sort of time frame for reference now I really appreciate it!
I started my meb Oct 7.
Then had my C&P exams around mid oct and signed my NARSUM the week before thanksgiving. I didn't receive my unfit memo until Jan 9. I chocked that up to holidays even though my PEBLO said it should be two weeks. But with the new system crash who knows what the truth is.
My ratings were sent to PEB Jan 17 and I found out around 14 Feb but didn't see my 199 til Mar 8th.
They wouldn't let me sign until the next day and it was sent up for PDA. My PEBLO told me it should only take 7-10 days for that and I'm still waiting. With reading other people's posts I'm worried about how long it will actually take.

They told me not to go off the timeline on the IDES dashboard since their systems don't talk and it updates whenever someone takes time to update it.

I hope that helps out a little bit.

Hang in there, I am at Riley too and its taking longer than expected. All i can see is to be patient.

Well my name hit the TRASNPROC already and I got my No Later Date. I will be starting leave 13APR and my official Retirement date will be 21JUN.