Ft. Riley MEB / PEB Timeline - IG Complaint??

pritikmr

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello everyone, I am currently going through the MEB / PEB process. I am looking for answers, and reading many of the posts and threads it seems many of us are running into big delays with the "system migration", "system down" "no updates" and pushing everything far to the right. As it is common, I am waiting on my ratings to come back and awaiting my DA199 so I can sign it and wait some more. I am on +34 days on this step alone when it has been said to take no longer than 15 (I know many others have it worse than I do).

I am in the same boat of frustration because I have job offers and graduate school that I am weary and uncertain of due to the unknown time frames which is very critical not only for me, but for the well being of my family. Everyone says be patient. I get it, and I am trying to be. However, when I am forced into SFLTAP and told to make a transition plan and to look for jobs, it is frustrating when the created opportunities start going out the window. I struggle to get any sort of update or information, or even just affirmation that my case did not somehow fall out of the system.

All I am getting from my PEBLO is "still nothing" or "no update" with out any rhyme or reason besides "system is down" or "backlogged". Throughout the process my PEBLO has done a great job and my intention is not to throw her under the bus in any way, shape or form. I am only in hopes to resolve a stagnant situation before pursing to escalate it any further. I understand that there are many people in the same situation and the PEBLO's are bogged down trying to coordinate ongoing and new cases. However, I can't just be seen as a number as I believe there may be something that can be done to resolve my case moving forward.

At this point, from reading other threads I have decided to rattle the cages. I am just not sure how far to go with it. I have informed my CoC and they are on board with me doing so. Think they are just as tired of it as well. So far I have contacted the OMBUDSMAN and PEBLO Chief Supervisors. I have also submitted ICE complaints. My next course of action is to get with IG and the Congressional Inquiry and complaint.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration in reading my post. I look forward to hearing any feedback! Please check out my timeline as of today below.

pritikmr

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
UPDATE: I decided to poke around vets.gov and ebenefits today. Saw no change. However I called the VA just because I had a hunch, and they said that TODAY my PEB proceedings were uploaded. I am not really sure what it means, hoping maybe someone can clarify, but it is ironic stirring up the pot and suddenly some movement. If anyone has any information of what the uploaded proceedings to the VA means, it would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!

honeybear87

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hopefully it means the request for ratings landed on someone's desk over at the VA. I personally found out through an update on ebenefits and on vets.gov. But here's my two cents; unless you suspect actual negligence or mishandling of your case on the PEBLO's part, an ICE complaint probably will not assist you in the long run. I think people often overestimate how much actual influence they have, especially since the PEB and PDA falls under a different command (HRC). They really have no obligation or consequence if they miss the IDES guidelines.

I hope you have a better timeline. It took the PEB two months to send my unfit memo to the VA (after being found unfit) and then the VA about one month to complete the preliminary ratings. It looks like it's going to take me another month for the DA199. As far as I know, there's nothing you can do to make the VA work faster. My honest advice is to avoid checking your trackers on an hourly/daily basis like most of us did. It's not worth the stress, especially since it's not something you can control.

pritikmr

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Just got confirmation that the "PEB Proceedings" was referring to my DA199. Keeping fingers crossed.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">