Full MEB requested.

JC12

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello,

Just found out that AFPC decided to do a Full MEB. Diagnosed with Idiopathic Anaphylaxis and have been on Xolair injections for 6 months now. Before that I passed out twice because of allergic reactions due to exercise or sweating and they seem to only be getting worse. This all started when deployed. My questions are of plenty because I am new to this process. Whats next? I have an appointment with the Peblo tomorrow and I'm sure I will learn a lot more then. Just seeing what the chances are that I am found fit/unfit and if unfit what the ratings might look like. If it's not permanent retirement with 30% or more I would rather fight it and stay in. Thanks for any information.
 

eerf123

Well-Known Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
How many years do you have in? Did your CC recommend a retain?
 

JC12

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I’ll hit my 10 year mark this December. My CC did recommend retain. Now that it’s back from AFPC saying move on with the full MEB just seeing what that’s going to look like.
 

eerf123

Well-Known Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Per the Air Force, you have a 95% chance to be separated and or medically retired at this point.

Did they only refer you for the one condition ?
 

JC12

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Yes as far as I know as of now. I will be meeting with the Peblo soon to find out all the details. I have had heart issues in the past as well but as far as I know it’s just for the severe allergic reactions I have had for some time now when sense being deployed.
 

eerf123

Well-Known Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would suggest you look through the VA ratings table and try and find what that condition rates at, it should be in the resources section of this site
 

JC12

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks for the info. I have looked at the disability ratings. I have anaphylaxis and urticaria. Anaphylaxis is anywhere from 10%-40% and then urticaria has its own rating as well I believe. It’ll just be a waiting game at this point. I don’t prefer the severance and rather have some sort of retirement to keep benefits.
 

jessicad231

Well-Known Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
We have the same condition. I’m still waiting on the C&P exam that covers my
Head to toe exam and the referred condition (idiopathic/Cholinergic urticaria with exercise induced anaphylaxis).
 

JC12

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Well, we must be at the same exact point. I’m waiting on the c&p exams as well and it might be a while because of Covid before they get me in. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you.
 

jessicad231

Well-Known Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well, I’ve already had quite a few exams, so just waiting on this one. I had to initiate a congressional inquiry just to get those exams (prior to COVID), then of course, COVID went full steam ahead with its chaos.

Finally going to a full MEB this year, after several RILOs, has turned my life upside down as I already had my final year of service (calendar year 2020) mapped out. I was DQ’d from applying to OTS, then actually received 3 AGR offers and couldn’t because of the code, to having to turn down several GS jobs because they wanted me ASAP but couldn’t give dates because of the MEB process.
I’m not happy about it - I’m actually very frustrated....but I’m being as patient as I can be. I’ve been in this process since 14 January 2020....
 

JC12

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Jeez seems like your situation is crazy. I went through one irilo and commanders statement said retain and they came saying proceed with the full MEB. I hoping the ratings are worth it. I’ll be watching your post as you will probably get them before I do.
 
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">
Top