Full MEB requested.

JC12

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello,

Just found out that AFPC decided to do a Full MEB. Diagnosed with Idiopathic Anaphylaxis and have been on Xolair injections for 6 months now. Before that I passed out twice because of allergic reactions due to exercise or sweating and they seem to only be getting worse. This all started when deployed. My questions are of plenty because I am new to this process. Whats next? I have an appointment with the Peblo tomorrow and I'm sure I will learn a lot more then. Just seeing what the chances are that I am found fit/unfit and if unfit what the ratings might look like. If it's not permanent retirement with 30% or more I would rather fight it and stay in. Thanks for any information.

How many years do you have in? Did your CC recommend a retain?

I’ll hit my 10 year mark this December. My CC did recommend retain. Now that it’s back from AFPC saying move on with the full MEB just seeing what that’s going to look like.

Per the Air Force, you have a 95% chance to be separated and or medically retired at this point.

Did they only refer you for the one condition ?

Yes as far as I know as of now. I will be meeting with the Peblo soon to find out all the details. I have had heart issues in the past as well but as far as I know it’s just for the severe allergic reactions I have had for some time now when sense being deployed.

I would suggest you look through the VA ratings table and try and find what that condition rates at, it should be in the resources section of this site

Thanks for the info. I have looked at the disability ratings. I have anaphylaxis and urticaria. Anaphylaxis is anywhere from 10%-40% and then urticaria has its own rating as well I believe. It’ll just be a waiting game at this point. I don’t prefer the severance and rather have some sort of retirement to keep benefits.

We have the same condition. I’m still waiting on the C&P exam that covers my
Head to toe exam and the referred condition (idiopathic/Cholinergic urticaria with exercise induced anaphylaxis).

Well, we must be at the same exact point. I’m waiting on the c&p exams as well and it might be a while because of Covid before they get me in. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you.

Well, I’ve already had quite a few exams, so just waiting on this one. I had to initiate a congressional inquiry just to get those exams (prior to COVID), then of course, COVID went full steam ahead with its chaos.

Finally going to a full MEB this year, after several RILOs, has turned my life upside down as I already had my final year of service (calendar year 2020) mapped out. I was DQ’d from applying to OTS, then actually received 3 AGR offers and couldn’t because of the code, to having to turn down several GS jobs because they wanted me ASAP but couldn’t give dates because of the MEB process.
I’m not happy about it - I’m actually very frustrated....but I’m being as patient as I can be. I’ve been in this process since 14 January 2020....

Jeez seems like your situation is crazy. I went through one irilo and commanders statement said retain and they came saying proceed with the full MEB. I hoping the ratings are worth it. I’ll be watching your post as you will probably get them before I do.

1597077418086.png

Be sure to claim ALL conditions with the VA. The PEBLO will schedule a meeting the the MSC. The MSC will also suggest conditions you should submit.

@JC12 any movement on your case?
I received a call from the VA last week and we went through the conditions I will be claiming. I am claiming obviously anaphylaxis and urticaria induced from exercise for my main two. I also have 6 other things I am trying to claim as well. He said he would be scheduling the exams but said it could take a couple months because the VA isn’t really doing anything right now with Covid going on. Typical sit and wait game. How about your case? Any movement? I’m curious what ratings you will receive as ours should be similar.

Ours should be very similar, so I will do my best to keep you updated. I need to get my anaphylaxis added to my referred condition, but that's on the DoD side. I received an email overnight for my last VA appointment on Thursday, so i'm happy that there is some movement happening.

Hopefully all goes well for you. From the way it sounds once you have your final appointment it shouldn’t be too long for the Air Force to come back with a decision and then show you what ratings they are thinking. I’ll be watching.

Ours should be very similar, so I will do my best to keep you updated. I need to get my anaphylaxis added to my referred condition, but that's on the DoD side. I received an email overnight for my last VA appointment on Thursday, so i'm happy that there is some movement happening.
Have you heard of anyone else with our situation and if so what they ended up getting? Not knowing is killing me. I know what the VA rating table says but just curious. Been on Injections for awhile now and it sure seems to not be working.

Recently? No. :(
I feel my records and current treatment qualifies for at least 60% since I'm now 10 months into 12 months of the trial. I went for a jog last weekend and ended up nearly passing out after thinking that I was cleared to run/exercise again. That alone triggered another physical profile waiver for me until Aug 2021. As far as ratings though, I'm not counting anything until I know if its a definite fit/unfit determination and the ratings. I've prepared myself for both a RTD/fit or unfit determination.

I’m in the same boat. I actually did pass out one day after running and had the paramedics waking me up. I personally can’t imagine that they will return to duty but you never know I guess. I’m about 7 months into the trial and it might have suppressed them some but not a lot. These all started on a deployment too so I don’t know if that plays a part but I wish now I had never gone there.