General questions

rays1981

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Since I was refered to the MEB, i have been thinking alot about other conditions, and i know the doctors are looking for pathology of condtions that are there. However, i have been thinking since i am going to my first appt next week, that there are alot of little issues that i have that I have just delt with the pain, ect. Not really knowing what to expect on the first appt is kinda of nerve racking, alongside the other conditions that i just normally have delt with my taking a asprin or something else maybe time off the effected area ect ect. I just dont want to be screwed over in the end, when I just had the mentalty that the Army health care system sucks and dont want to waste my time for soemthing that I could just do at home. So my question how do i address these issues by going to sick call, making appts with PCM or, just bring them up next week?

You can claim anything injure or illness you have or have had when you meet with the VA. You get to determined what you want to claim.

During the C&P exam all your claims will be considered. A medical file that backs up your claim is helpful, but not required.

I just had my 1st & 2nd C&P exam this Monday. Anything that was not in my medical records I was not allowed to claim. For example I claimed both of my knees which I have never been seen about. The examiner told me that I have one year to add a service connected claim and I should work going gathering evidence to support my claim knee claim.

Thanks chaplin and kelly.,

I just had my 1st & 2nd C&P exam this Monday. Anything that was not in my medical records I was not allowed to claim. For example I claimed both of my knees which I have never been seen about. The examiner told me that I have one year to add a service connected claim and I should work going gathering evidence to support my claim knee claim.

This is my first appt, which is with an Army doctor I belive, it is not the C&P so i was wonder if i could mention the conditions then.

I claimed conditions not in my medical record. I was rated for them, some at 0%, some at 10%. At the C&P exam we went over a brief description of when the joints bother me and she took the measurements of movement. Joint issues I feel are expected somewhat and not a ton of treatment options that are worthwhile IMO, so I was fine dealing with them this way.

Some conditions I scheduled an appointment with the PCM. I explained that now that I'm being med boarded out, no point in drinking water and driving on anymore, and asked about treatment options. I know at least one of my conditions it specifically referenced the starting of this treatment as important in deciding on my rating.

Thanks chaplin and kelly.,

This is my first appt, which is with an Army doctor I belive, it is not the C&P so i was wonder if i could mention the conditions then.[/QUOT
I would discuss anything that maynot be in your medical records. I also had a verrrryyy bad va c&p examiner with a nasty attitude. So my experience was the worst

Yeah, I am with scoutCC on this one. I also had conditions not in my medical record that were rated 0-10% which increased. Ended up getting additional 10% for both knees and elbow. I would be sure to have them do a head to toe physical basically and let them know wherever you find discomfort or pain. Good luck...