General Timeline Question

Awesome! I just finished my last C&P so now it’s just a waiting game...hoping to have everything finished in 2 months!

I think you’ll be okay. I started the MEB process on 22 March, and signed my 199 2 days ago. So a little over 60 days and I was done with MEB and PEB. 90% VA, 70% DoD, TDRL. Even had legal review it to make sure. I’m waiting on orders and I’m done. What holds you up is appeals. But I’ve seen in forums on FB it’s not adding that much time right now.

I hope you are right. i'm not greedy or feel obliged to fight the system for more money. I just want to turn the page on this chapter of my life and move onto something else.

I got the highly anticipated phone call from QTC last night. I have three appointments set-up for 2 days: General Health, Audiology and Mental Health/TBI.

These appointments are mid-June. I'm hoping it goes smooth so I can be out by the end of the year, but I think that is overly optimistic.
When did you find out if they decided you were unfit? My Narsum goes to the local board Tuesday, my peblo said Wednesday morning I would know if a full MEB was happening or returned to duty.

I got the highly anticipated phone call from QTC last night. I have three appointments set-up for 2 days: General Health, Audiology and Mental Health/TBI.

These appointments are mid-June. I'm hoping it goes smooth so I can be out by the end of the year, but I think that is overly optimistic.
Do you have any updates?

I found out I was unfit a few days after my package was submitted to the IPEB....

i still haven't heard anything back from the VA and its been two weeks. I'm guessing the wait can take awhile. It all seems so random on how they process paperwork and notify people.

Do you have any updates?

I haven't received any information from the VA representative or my Peblo since the beginning of June. I checked the e-beneifts website and it no has my expected completion at Feb-Aug 2019. I'm hoping it doesn't take that long. At this point I'd rather just separate and do the VA claim when I get back. this Code 37 is taking forever and it's costing me jobs.

Low and behold it has been almost a month since my last C&P exam and I have yet to hear back from the VA, PEBLO, or QTC. So I sent an e-mail asking for an update or if I could accomplish anything to speed the process up. I didn't get a response, but I went into the QTC website to look for a number to call and I have am optometry appointment schedule for 6 Jul. I'm super pissed. The exam is for visual impairment due to TBI. I have 20/17 and 20/15 eyesite. My vision is better than perfect and this appointment has added what I can only imagine is another month to this process.

I told the general health doctor I did not need to see optometry, but he was more concerned with trying to hook me up then get the ratings I deserve.

I am past my separation date now and will more than likely loose another job I've accepted due to this process.

At this point I don't care about disability or the VA. I'd like to move on in life and get away from the job I have to do everyday that is making my PTSD/mental health worse.

Can I request that the MEB process be stopped and I be allowed to separate?

I had the same exact thing happen to me. My last VA exam was in May but come to find out, I was sent a letter in the mail from the VA saying I had a second eye exam at the low vision clinic 3 weeks after I got done with that place. Once that appointment was done, it took literally 1 day to receive my VA exam paperwork and another week for it to get sent to the IPEB. And then 2 days to find out I was unfit. Hang in there, it’s almost done...especially since you’ve been going through this for over a year...

I'm sick of this whole process. I just sent my VA rep, PEBLO, and OAC rep a nastygram. I'm done with this process and its causing more strain to me then my actual disabilities I was submitted for.

I asked if I can be taken out of the MEB process and separate. I am past that date already. The money from the VA is nothing compared to the money I'm losing by being kept in. I know they won't stop the MEB process, but maybe they will get of their asses and do their damn jobs. I could give two shits about their case loads or whatever else excuse they have. We all have jobs to get done.

It’s annoying. I know. I was submitted originally for an MEB back in 2016 and was told I would be out by the summer of 2017. I went last week to get a status on my MEB and was told that the VA is backlogged and it looks like it will be an additional few more weeks before I get my ratings back...as you are, I’m just ready to move on past this. I’ve done nearly 15 years active duty and want nothing more than to separate from the military and go on with my life...

This is the response I got back:

"Unfortunately due to your DOS being approximately 6 months out - you cannot
at this time opt out of the MEB process. The VA must address any
discrepancies that are found in the VA C&P - if you put any condition down
on your paperwork for them to review/evaluate - they will and ensure they
have the correct information for rating purposes."

My PEBLO is horrible and the VA case manager is lazy and has zero attention to detail.

I get the whole being patient thing, however I don't think service members should have to be patient in situations like these. I think the VA and at the least the Air Force needs to stop hiring S-bags to represent their injured service members (active/retired).

One of the selling points of this IDES system is that it is suppose to be faster and ease strain on the service member. Well I have been in this process for over a year and was not given a postion promotion because of this process. So it makes me laugh when I'm asked if command is being negative towards me because of my disability. When its the IDES system that hinders me and ties my hands. I was hired to a position where I routinely travel as a main part of my duty. I can no longer travel, due to the code, and it cost me a NAF level job and I wasn't strat'd the first time since being a SNCO, because I was told it would be a waste. That was last year and I am still in with no end in site. My EPR is coming due again and they are saying the same thing, but it looks like I probably won't be out this time next year.

I can’t say that my PEBLO or VA rep has been bad to me. They have kept me in the loop for the most part and I’m actually satisfied with them. I just hate how this process takes forever. But I can understanding where you’re coming from that it’s frustrating your stuff is just stangnet with no end to the tunnel on top of having a shitty PEBLO and VA person...

I'm mainly just ventng, via this forum, but it's just crazy how this whole process works.

My C&P exams are complete and my status on e-benefits now says "intital review complete" and "development letter sent".

I e-mail my VA MSC on Monday, who informed me that my exams have been received and submitted to my PEBLO, who I e-mailed and asked for the documents. She said she will provide them once they hold the IPEB. She did not however give me a time frame on that. She can be very cryptic and short at times and others send unsolicited or needed information.

Does anybody know if the development letter was sent to my or if that is what was sent to the PEBLO?

I picked up a copy of my exams the day it was sent from the VA to the MSC. This was 2 weeks before all my stuff was submitted to the IPEB. Not sure why your MSC is not letting you review your VA records. I would try and get them just in case you want to dispute anything...

I sent an e-mail out to the PEBLO And MSC, both are out office 'til next week. haha.

What base are you at? Seems like night and day between my base and yours lol

I am at lackland AFB. The place were this all takes place. I think I'm just unlucky. I have a guy in my PTSD support group that was notified by his PCM for MEB in January and he received his retirement orders last month and is already on terminal. I'm entering month 17.

i received my C&P exams today from the PEBLO and the AF IMT 618. I signed and returned it.

Looks like based off the IDES chart its 15 days to IPEB then 30 days for PEB

They found me unfit for Fibromyalgia.