General Timeline Question

The IPEB will determine whether the condition is unfitting or not. You’re just signing the AF618 to acknowledge that your condition will be evaluated by the IPEB. If it’s unfitting, it probably will only be a few days at the IPEB and then it will be sent from there to the VA for ratings... then the waiting game begins again...you need a new PEBLO lol

I know I do. She is queen of skirting questions and giving me the bare minimum answer. She still assures me I should be out by December. As long as that happens then I am fine.

i received my C&P exams today from the PEBLO and the AF IMT 618. I signed and returned it.

Looks like based off the IDES chart its 15 days to IPEB then 30 days for PEB

They found me unfit for Fibromyalgia.
Did they give you an estimation of ratings yet?

They did not. They provided me a 200 page PDF from QTC with all my DBQs. I went through it and based off their verbage and using the military disability website came up with:
50 Obstructive sleep apnea
50 PTSD
40 Fibromyalgia
30 Migraine
10 IBS
10 Iliopsoas tendinitis ICD code M76.10
10 Patellofemoral pain syndrome---Knee tendonitis/tendonosis
10 Achilles Tendonitis (possible zero)
10 Lumbosacral strain
10 Tinnituts
10 Neuralgia (TBI)
10 Scars (Ear Surgery)
?? Anxiety Disorder

Awesome sauce!!! I'm so happy for you. I've completed all my appointments now I'm waiting.

i had my check up with my psychiatrist on Friday...he told me that my case was going to be held at the IPEB/PEB level because the Air Force wants me to try as much treatment as possible. I told him I was found unfitting for fibromyalgia, not PTSD. He said it doesn't matter. he wants me to do the CPT again, which is four months.

This is ridiculous. the "Doctor" who led the last class was some fat ass ex-captain that never deployed and all he did was read out of the CPT textbook each week. i'm going to refuse treat and file a complaint with my Congressman.

The whole reason I'm having these problems is because of my job and now he wants to keep me in another four months, past my original separation date, to go through some bogus treatment.

i had my check up with my psychiatrist on Friday...he told me that my case was going to be held at the IPEB/PEB level because the Air Force wants me to try as much treatment as possible. I told him I was found unfitting for fibromyalgia, not PTSD. He said it doesn't matter. he wants me to do the CPT again, which is four months.

This is ridiculous. the "Doctor" who led the last class was some fat ass ex-captain that never deployed and all he did was read out of the CPT textbook each week. i'm going to refuse treat and file a complaint with my Congressman.

The whole reason I'm having these problems is because of my job and now he wants to keep me in another four months, past my original separation date, to go through some bogus treatment.
That’s horrible how can he do that. Can you talk to your post ombudsman? I would give them a call. That’s not cool at all.

After waiting for 20 minutes at the PEBLO office, at Wilford Hall, I was able to talk to a manager and I have a new PEBLO. I printed out all the e-mails she has sent me and what I replied. The maanger agreed that she was not keeping me up to date on my process and that I should've already had certain documents by now.

Also I noticed in my e-benefits my dates changed again. They wen from Dec 17, 2018 - May 17, 2019 to 17 Nov 18- 17 Mar 19.

After waiting for 20 minutes at the PEBLO office, at Wilford Hall, I was able to talk to a manager and I have a new PEBLO. I printed out all the e-mails she has sent me and what I replied. The maanger agreed that she was not keeping me up to date on my process and that I should've already had certain documents by now.

Also I noticed in my e-benefits my dates changed again. They wen from Dec 17, 2018 - May 17, 2019 to 17 Nov 18- 17 Mar 19.
So are you still moving forward in MEB or you have to try other treatment option?

I was reassured by my new PEBLO that the good doctor has no effect on my IPEB/PEB. it is proceeding forward for Fibromyalgia only.

After a few weeks of my PEBLO not responding to me I called another PEBLO. She said the notes, by my PEBLO, did not have any updates. After some pleading I was able to get her to log into her VA account and check my status for updates.

It appears the IPEB reported me unfit on 2 August and sent my packet for VA ratings. I've said it before, but my PEBLO is the worst. She is suppose to notify me of a decision within 48 hours.

The good news is that hopefully I get my ratings and then orders in the next 30-60 days. May be a far fetched goal, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Also, it makes more sense why my ebenfits dates moved up to November.

After a few weeks of my PEBLO not responding to me I called another PEBLO. She said the notes, by my PEBLO, did not have any updates. After some pleading I was able to get her to log into her VA account and check my status for updates.

It appears the IPEB reported me unfit on 2 August and sent my packet for VA ratings. I've said it before, but my PEBLO is the worst. She is suppose to notify me of a decision within 48 hours.

The good news is that hopefully I get my ratings and then orders in the next 30-60 days. May be a far fetched goal, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Also, it makes more sense why my ebenfits dates moved up to November.
congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! Wow! What a journey and we appreciate you sharing each step with us. We all know, it hasn’t been easy. We will continue to support you. Keep us posted and you helped others here (without even knowing). Best of luck onto a new chapter in Life!

Congrats! Wow! What a journey and we appreciate you sharing each step with us. We all know, it hasn’t been easy. We will continue to support you. Keep us posted and you helped others here (without even knowing). Best of luck onto a new chapter in Life!

Thanks I appreciate it. It has been a long onerous process, but I'm glad its coming to a conclusion.

Update: VA Decision Reached

I wen to vets.gov today, first time, and it had a lot more information than ebenefits. It showed they received my request on 2 August, reached a decision on 10 August, and sent information back to the MSC and PEBLO on the 14th.

I called the PEBLO office and they said they have been notified the VA has made a decision, but not received the disability numbers.

I called the Providence number (401-223-3700) and they answered on the first ring, but would not tell me their decision. Only that it had been made and send back. So it took 8 days for 23 claimed disabilities. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Update: VA Decision Reached

I wen to vets.gov today, first time, and it had a lot more information than ebenefits. It showed they received my request on 2 August, reached a decision on 10 August, and sent information back to the MSC and PEBLO on the 14th.

I called the PEBLO office and they said they have been notified the VA has made a decision, but not received the disability numbers.

I called the Providence number (401-223-3700) and they answered on the first ring, but would not tell me their decision. Only that it had been made and send back. So it took 8 days for 23 claimed disabilities. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Damn. Mine has been "pending decision approval" for over a month. For 21 claimed issues. But my stuff went up to Seattle. I'm guessing different offices have different backlogs.

Congrats! What an enormous relief for you to know that things are moving along

Did you check the vets.gov website? it has more information than ebenefits website.

I did. Nothing else there, either. I did call the VA hotline the other day, and they needed some clarification about my adult daughter in school that I'm claiming. Otherwise, it's just hanging out. I actually JUST called my PEBLO with the "So, we're past the day you expected my numbers" and he said he's seeing a back-up trend. He's getting numbers back this week for cases a couple weeks behind mine.

I'm OK if I'm on the same hold up as everyone else, just as long as mine isn't the one-off sitting under someone's box of hot pockets or something ;)