General Timeline Question

I checked my Ebenfits today and it says "Pending Decision Approval". But when I go to generate a letter, it says that the value is "0" for service-connected disabilities. Should I be concerned that my claims got denied or is it too early to tell?

Sorry for the late update, but I was able to have my retirement date pushed to 29 October 18. My last day in uniform was 7 September and I start my job with MacB at the end of the month, but I'm hoping for a GS position.

I took 30 days of terminal, 20 permissive, and will get a paid for my 32 days of unused leave. It will be disbursed sometime after my last day of service.

Just a quick update. I received my DD214 on 28 October and went to take it to the VA and they already had a copy of it. Apparently the air Force sends it to them a few days before your retirement. I still haven't received my award letter or seen any movement on ebenefits or vets.gov, but I am patiently waiting. Also I received my final, audited, paycheck on 2 November, so that was a lot faster then I expected or have read about.

So far the civilian life has been nice. Not being around my old mission and no more BS stress has helped.

Good to hear!! I'm still waiting on my percentages for Fibromyalgia from DOD and VA. I just failed my PT test and will be in the commander office in full service dress in about an hour. I can't wait to get out! Were you able to get out in time to get the job you wanted?

Just a quick update. I received my DD214 on 28 October and went to take it to the VA and they already had a copy of it. Apparently the air Force sends it to them a few days before your retirement. I still haven't received my award letter or seen any movement on ebenefits or vets.gov, but I am patiently waiting. Also I received my final, audited, paycheck on 2 November, so that was a lot faster then I expected or have read about.

So far the civilian life has been nice. Not being around my old mission and no more BS stress has helped.
You and I are nearly identical on our timeline it looks like. I went to a VSO yesterday and he informed me everything needed by the VA had been received, inc my 214, but was showing 6 days overdue for action in the VA’s part. Hoping to get my first check 1 Dec. I’m also concurrent receipt and noticed MyPay has established my RAS but there’s no pay inside.

Good to hear!! I'm still waiting on my percentages for Fibromyalgia from DOD and VA. I just failed my PT test and will be in the commander office in full service dress in about an hour. I can't wait to get out! Were you able to get out in time to get the job you wanted?
i just got my ratings for Fibromyalgia. They told me I still have to do a PT Test this month. I know I'm gonna fail. Its been hard to keep my weight down due to inactivity. I'm hoping I get orders generated to get me out before the month. Slim chance though. I'm with you on getting out.

i just got my ratings for Fibromyalgia. They told me I still have to do a PT Test this month. I know I'm gonna fail. Its been hard to keep my weight down due to inactivity. I'm hoping I get orders generated to get me out before the month. Slim chance though. I'm with you on getting out.

I would weight the impact and potential injury to your body against the potential consequences for not taking the PT test. On the flip side, if you know you are going to fail anyways and believe you will hurt yourself in the process, I would just show up and start the test and stop by indicating it hurts and you don't want to aggravate injuries. You would hope your leadership would apply common sense and support.

I broke my heel in July and wasn't able to walk or drive for 3 months. 10 days after I was released from that profile I did waist only and failed. My stripe is now deferred for 3 months, I don't even know if I will still be in. My package has been up for ratings since 25 Oct, not sure the timeline on a response my PEBLO said 4-6 weeks. I have to PT test again within the next 90 days so I'm trying to get my waist into standards.

What happens to unused leave? Fingers crossed I will not be long behind you in this process and I also have 35 days of leave, but my MEB just started. Wanting to ensure that I use my leave in the most financially advantageous way possible. Thanks
Any unused leave, up to 60 days, will automatically be sold back upon separation/retirement. If you have ever sold back any days, that amount will be deducted from the 60 and the remainder is what you can sell back.

Any unused leave, up to 60 days, will automatically be sold back upon separation/retirement. If you have ever sold back any days, that amount will be deducted from the 60 and the remainder is what you can sell back.
Thank You.