Getting Chaptered out of AIT

BigMistake

Registered Member
I’m getting recommended for a chapter 5-10 EPTS. I Had a mental breakdown in AIT. My packet was submitted to 01/07/2022. My commander said legal usually comes back after two weeks. My question is what are the next steps in the process? Is there a possible time frame I’m looking at from this point forward? I’m Mentally struggling a lot. Especially having to come back after HBL and still waiting for this process. I joined with good intentions thought I could handle it. Please if you have information comment. Not looking for criticism I’m already shameful as hell. Appreciate it tremendously. Also if medical and my commander both recommended separation, is it possible that brigade may still want to retain me? Or suspend separation for whatever reason?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
How long have you been on AD?
No one here should be judging. The goal is to be helpful. A Chapter can happen rather fast. So work on plan on what you want to next and where you want to be to start your plan. Good luck. Also seek legal counsel, it is free.

Last edited:

Optimistic

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’m getting recommended for a chapter 5-10 EPTS. I Had a mental breakdown in AIT. My packet was submitted to 01/07/2022. My commander said legal usually comes back after two weeks. My question is what are the next steps in the process? Is there a possible time frame I’m looking at from this point forward? I’m Mentally struggling a lot. Especially having to come back after HBL and still waiting for this process. I joined with good intentions thought I could handle it. Please if you have information comment. Not looking for criticism I’m already shameful as hell. Appreciate it tremendously. Also if medical and my commander both recommended separation, is it possible that brigade may still want to retain me? Or suspend separation for whatever reason?
Just keep your head up and don’t be ashamed

Jacque1950

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I hope you get what you want. I don’t know the answer your looking for. My grandson is in a similar situation although his stareted with TBI 7 months ago and continues to get worse physically and mentally. He was not turned into med board. His CO told him to take administrative seperation and would be faster. Papers were sent in 3 weeks ago and still waiting. I wonder if someone can deny it? Does anyone know what happens with situations like this?

D_street1030

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I hope you get what you want. I don’t know the answer your looking for. My grandson is in a similar situation although his stareted with TBI 7 months ago and continues to get worse physically and mentally. He was not turned into med board. His CO told him to take administrative seperation and would be faster. Papers were sent in 3 weeks ago and still waiting. I wonder if someone can deny it? Does anyone know what happens with situations like this?
If this is true then shame on his CO. Speed should not be in the forefront of our leaders minds in this situation. The SM's wellbeing should always come first.

Paramount

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Is he active duty?

Paramount

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would highly recommend he talk to IG and try to get that admin separation stopped. I would also say while he is doing that to get a hold of soldiers council on base. Contact make an appointment, tell them what you told us. Sounds like the DOD is trying to hose him. I would also put all injuries in a separated (per claim) chronological order. From first Dr. visit until now. Sworn statements from his buddies will also be useful. If the DOD does boot him out at least he will have a shot with VA on his conditions.

Dmitry

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Same too me, seeing pcm today, for my knee profile, mid of treatment, she told me they want to initiate medical chapter to me because of my knee, and said nothing about migraine diagnosis what I have and treatment, and other 2 condition, just knee nothing on e-xray so nothing serious with me and it's not going to be med board, it's chapter.