Getting Ntl Guard Time Converted...

Ed Mercanti

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My DIEMS date DOES, in fact, include my DEP time as it shows as 17 Dec 1982 and I didn't start basic until 17 Mar 1983.
As I said, a DIEMS date is the date someone originally signed a DD Form 4 or took an oath of office whether or not that service was creditable (DODPM, paragraph 10101) or whether you had breaks in service. PEBD Takes into account noncreditable service and breaks in service.

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
RPAS? What is that? I also have no idea what MMSI Codes are.
RPAS = Retirement Points Statement, a documents that is generally printed out once per year (or upon request) to a NG Servicemember. It may be called something else in the Reserve system. It details all your points earned toward retirement and is a vital document used to calculate your final retirement pay amount or severance pay. And as is usual, it is the SMs responsibility to make sure it is correct and not missing time/points. A shortage of points you have earned that are not recorded and verified on your RPAS will lower your retirement/severance pay. So make sure it's correct.

The MMSI codes on the RPAS shows what type of points were earned during each of your anniversary years on your RPAS. These codes tell you if you had AD points that specific year, what branch of service your points were earned from, if they were NG ponts, break in service, etc. There is a code block (legend) at the end (bottom) of your RPAS that tells you what each code means on your RPAS. Make sure your points are coded correctly so you get credit for any/all AD time.

v/r,
nwlivewire

SGT Bob

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks nwlivewire, I've never seen an RPAS but I will be asking for one soon.

Ed, thanks for the info. Someone messed up with mine then because my DEP time was added in. Heh...I'm not going to tell them. =)

K6000

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
How do you request copies of prior LES's for the Army NG (past what is available in mypay)? How long does it take?? Thanks!!!

NDBravehart84

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Customer Service @ DEFAS best to call so you can explain the reason for your request. Only request what you need, ie; mistakes on your retirement points sheet or discrpencies. The more you ask for generally the longer it takes (also prior to 1988 they were still on micro fish and prior to 1984 were still on paper, but that probally changes as they update the system) If you have trouble PM me. ;)
How do you request copies of prior LES's for the Army NG (past what is available in mypay)? How long does it take?? Thanks!!!

green594

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
SGT Bob- the RPAS is the Retirement Points Accounting System, in the reserves we refer to it as your DARP 249 or your ARPC 249. It is your yearly retirement points sheet. i am not familiar with MMSI codes.

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
SGT Bob- the RPAS is the Retirement Points Accounting System, in the reserves we refer to it as your DARP 249 or your ARPC 249. It is your yearly retirement points sheet. i am not familiar with MMSI codes.
Here is the LES ARCHIVE request form as of JUN 2011. READ THE FORM CAREFULLY!!! DO AS INSTRUCTED.

LES Request Form

In order to process your request for LES’s we need the following information.
Please read the entire form and provide all the information requested. Without it we cannot process your request.

We only have records for Army and Air Force at this facility. For Marine or Navy records contact: [email protected]

If you are not the requesting Service Member, please include a power of attorney, or a signed release of information from the service member.

Information can be emailed to:
[email protected]

Faxed to 317-275-0123, or

Mailed to: DFAS-IN/JFLAKB
Verifications Section
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46249-0865

----------------------------------------------------------------

NAME:

Full Social Security Number:

Branch of Service: (Army or Air Force)

Active Duty/Reserve/National Guard:

Date of LES's needed: from to

Mailing address:

Email address:
(Please note if requesting documents via e-mail; we can only email your documents to a government email address, i.e. .gov, .mil). Also note, we cannot email more than two (2) years of LES’s.)

Fax number: (if available)

Phone Number:

Include a scanned copy of your signature, Driver license, or Military ID

If you are requesting over 5 years of Reserve LES for the purpose of calculating retirement points please include a scanned RPAS statement (form 249-2-E). To request a statement go to: https://www.hrcapps.army.mil/portal/default.aspx There is also another way to request your Retirement Points Sheet, call: 800-918-5298, enter SS#, then enter Opt #4, Opt #2, Opt #1

All LES requests will be processed in the order in which they are received. If this is an urgent matter you may contact our office at (317)212-1634 or
(317) 212-2034.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Verifications LES Team
DFAS Indianapolis

SGT Bob

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
OK, I got a copy of my 23B and it says that I have; "AD Pts = 46, Total Career Points = 234 and Total Pts For Ret Pay = 226." I have no idea what all of that means but the guy at the transition office that I talked to explained that the AD points is what may have an impact but only if I get severance pay, not medical retirement because it's high 3 anyway. That makes sense to me. Is there anything I'm missing?

NDBravehart84

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
No not really... I just wanted mine updated becuase it was more representitive of who I am and I believe it should be correct and up to date, in keeping with the ethos and the creed. ;)

SGT Bob

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
No not really... I just wanted mine updated becuase it was more representitive of who I am and I believe it should be correct and up to date, in keeping with the ethos and the creed. ;)
Very good point!

jpdeters

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
One thing to consider, when converting National Guard time to AD time is that drill weekends do NOT count towards active duty time (Army Reserve may be different). I'm an old Admin NCO who went from NG to AD. The only time that counts for AD conversion is anything you have actual orders for. i.e Mobilization/deployment, Annual Training, ADSW, schools such as MOS/NCOES etc. I went active after 4 1/2 years in the Guard and I got credit for everything except weekend drills. I had Basic/AIT, some ADSW orders for helping out getting ready for COMET inspections, AT and my time on state active duty immediately after 9/11. All together it added up to a year and a half of AD time over the 4 or so years I was in the National Guard. My BASD was 24 Mar 2002 but my adjusted BASD was dated 14 Jan 2001.

RPAS = Retirement Point Annual Statement

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
One thing to consider, when converting National Guard time to AD time is that drill weekends do NOT count towards active duty time (Army Reserve may be different). I'm an old Admin NCO who went from NG to AD. The only time that counts for AD conversion is anything you have actual orders for. i.e Mobilization/deployment, Annual Training, ADSW, schools such as MOS/NCOES etc. I went active after 4 1/2 years in the Guard and I got credit for everything except weekend drills. I had Basic/AIT, some ADSW orders for helping out getting ready for COMET inspections, AT and my time on state active duty immediately after 9/11. All together it added up to a year and a half of AD time over the 4 or so years I was in the National Guard. My BASD was 24 Mar 2002 but my adjusted BASD was dated 14 Jan 2001.

RPAS = Retirement Point Annual Statement
In my case, additional time from AD service times(s) was discovered and placed on my RPAS.

In my case, additional NG service time(s) was discovered and placed on my RPAS.

In my case, additional AR service time(s) was discovered and placed on my RPAS.

A few days here, and a few days there, that time got placed into the correct anniversary years and properly coded as to what type of time it was (AD/AR/NG/TPU, etc). A few months here, a few months there, and that got placed into the correct anniversary years and coded.

After the crediting of this missing time was added to my RPAS, I found out I had already completed and qualified me for a 20 "good" years retirement letter. Had I not double-checked and asked for official copies of old, 20 years-ago LESs from the Archive center, I would have been discharged without a retirement letter. At least now when I hit age 60, I'll get a better retirement because enough missing RPAS time was found to credit me with a retirement letter!

So if you think for even a second that there may be missing time on your RPAS, or, if the time you did (AR/NG/TPU/AD) is NOT correct, then DO fill out the request form that is already posted in this link. And do so as soon as possible, as it can take awhile for the documents to get pulled up and sent to you.

When I got all mine back, I took them to my NG Retirement section. THEY made copies of the originals and the cover letter that I had brought with me, and returned to me the originals. Then they went to work, and the following week, re-issued me an updated retirement statement. That's when I found out I had just made my 20 good years! YIPPY SKIPPY!

v/r,
nwlivewire

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">