Going from trdl to pdrl?

Lookingup

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
hello all,

I will break this down and make it as easy and quick and hopefully someone can help answer my question.

June 2019 med boarded out the army 70% DOD/ 90% VA(not P&T)

January 2020 VA increase to 100%

OCT 2020 had a tele conference for a PTSD re evaluation. Results came back and keeping me at 50 PTSD. In the letter in says dependents eligible for chapter 35 education assistance aid and that I am total service-connected disabilities, permanent in nature.

These two things are new and never seen and my ebenitfits VA letter says yes to total and permanent now.

So my question is will the DOD use this to decide to make me pdrl? Or will they send out a letter and have me go to another separate appointment for them? How did others get notified that they have gone from TDRL to PDRL?

Thank you all for the help.

I went on TDRL in 2016 with 50% DOD / 90% VA. I was reevaluated after one year and the exam for my main disability (mental health) was conducted at a VA hospital. After about two months, I got a letter from VA increasing my main disability from 50% to 70% and making me 100% VA. One month later, I received a letter from DOD informing me that I had been moved from TDRL to PDRL with a 70% DOD rating. I did not have a separate appointment for DOD.

Thank you swiper, for your reply.

I figure i will get a letter in the coming months from the DOD since the VA has made me permanent and my PTSD re evaluation has me the same.

Thank you swiper, for your reply.

I figure i will get a letter in the coming months from the DOD since the VA has made me permanent and my PTSD re evaluation has me the same.
Did you get moved to PDRL?

I went on TDRL in 2016 with 50% DOD / 90% VA. I was reevaluated after one year and the exam for my main disability (mental health) was conducted at a VA hospital. After about two months, I got a letter from VA increasing my main disability from 50% to 70% and making me 100% VA. One month later, I received a letter from DOD informing me that I had been moved from TDRL to PDRL with a 70% DOD rating. I did not have a separate appointment for DOD.
was your reevaluation exactly 1 year post discharge and were you able to provide documentation at your reeval? I have two independent medical opinions to bring to my reeval verifying my conditions. Can you upload them online like you would for a regular claim?

was your reevaluation exactly 1 year post discharge and were you able to provide documentation at your reeval? I have two independent medical opinions to bring to my reeval verifying my conditions. Can you upload them online like you would for a regular claim?
So the re eval was Oct 2020 with the VA.
Late May 2121(right before my two year mark) I got an email from the Army physical disabilty agency. saying they are going to review my case

Also stating in the email they will use VA documents if up to date and if they have what's needed. If things are Not up to date Than they will have me attend some appointments. Once that is determined it will be sent to a peblo.

June 2121 I get a Email from them stating that they got all the documents needed from The VA. Mainly my reevaluation from Oct 2020. And I should hear something in 4 to 6 weeks.
Just hit the 4 week mark.

The re evvaltion was about 17 months after I got medically discharged

I have gone through everything medically with the VA so they had all my appointments on file. If you have paper work from outside source I believe you can load that up with the VA so they have it on file this is important.

A little less than a year. I was discharged in September 2016 and my initial first reevaluation was scheduled for July 2017. I didn't bring any documentation to the reevaluation and I relied on whatever was in my VA medical treatment file.

hello all,

I will break this down and make it as easy and quick and hopefully someone can help answer my question.

June 2019 med boarded out the army 70% DOD/ 90% VA(not P&T)

January 2020 VA increase to 100%

OCT 2020 had a tele conference for a PTSD re evaluation. Results came back and keeping me at 50 PTSD. In the letter in says dependents eligible for chapter 35 education assistance aid and that I am total service-connected disabilities, permanent in nature.

These two things are new and never seen and my ebenitfits VA letter says yes to total and permanent now.

So my question is will the DOD use this to decide to make me pdrl? Or will they send out a letter and have me go to another separate appointment for them? How did others get notified that they have gone from TDRL to PDRL?

Thank you all for the help.
How long after the teleconference for PTSD did they contact you to tell you about the PDRL?